[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

Hey guyy, first of all thanks for sharing this guide with us.

I enjoyed playing Howa Spectral throw raider the last league so i looked for a spectral throw ranger
build again because of the nerf to those claws.

I really liked lvling up this build until like lvl 82 because at that point my damage is way to less in my opinion. (currently with auras and golem up: 14.6k)
I know i can improve some thing for example get a six link chest or the spectral throw enchant on my helmet or buying some new jewellery.
But i just dont know what to improve first. Do you guys have any suggestions for an upgrade with a budget of 6ex?
Happy for any tips.
"
azaanis wrote:
Eh, this guide is so misleading, I'm lost.
Are we looking for same stats in claws as stated in gear breakdown for daggers? Why there's 3.0 in title when guide isn't updated at all, just some small changelog in the beginning.

Yea it really isn't a 3.0 guide but it's still pretty easy to make it work. You can obviously tell that OP has moved on from this build. Luckily there are some cool people in this thread that will answer questions even though we ask the same ones 100 times lol.
"
azaanis wrote:
Are we looking for same stats in claws as stated in gear breakdown for daggers? Why there's 3.0 in title when guide isn't updated at all, just some small changelog in the beginning.

The guide is really easy to follow IMO, read the changelog at the top first, then apply what you just read to the rest of the guide.

Goober did a great job laying out what you need to do, its up to you to read what he wrote.
ign: OvenChicken, BradenHoltbeast, DuelistBetterThanShadow
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Any suggestions?

You can use Atziri's Promise until you get Vinktar.

Are you well over resists? If so, change jewels to hp + 2 dmg mod.

Other upgrades: Helm and boot enchant.

"
SickDeer wrote:
I apologize in advance if these questions have been answered already I must have missed it.

1. 15% ele resist and 20% crit multi is quite nice. And where this build needs a lot of dmg mods on accessories, the extra resist comes in handy. Not a deal breaker to have the 2 points, but you will want to respec the bandits when you can afford it.

2. Are your other resists capped and do most of your items have +hp? Chaos resist is helpful, but shouldn't cause most of your deaths since not everything does chaos damage.

3. Herald + Wrath are our auras. Vaal Grace and Vaal Haste are temporary auras that do not reserve mana. They requires souls to cast and only last a few seconds.. perfect for use on bosses.

4. Vaal ST is crap. People are using Vaal orbs on gems to give them special benefits. Look on wiki to learn more.

You always want at least 75 resist on everything, except chaos. When you get into gear optimization, you want to make them equal to maximize Wise Oak (wiki explains why). Overcapping resist is nice when you get cursed, but early mapping shouldn't be that painful.

"
M8W1N wrote:
Hey guyy, first of all thanks for sharing this guide with us.

I enjoyed playing Howa Spectral throw raider the last league so i looked for a spectral throw ranger
build again because of the nerf to those claws.

I really liked lvling up this build until like lvl 82 because at that point my damage is way to less in my opinion. (currently with auras and golem up: 14.6k)
I know i can improve some thing for example get a six link chest or the spectral throw enchant on my helmet or buying some new jewellery.
But i just dont know what to improve first. Do you guys have any suggestions for an upgrade with a budget of 6ex?
Happy for any tips.

I don't know about first, but here's a list of "cheap" upgrades before you get into helm enchants and lightning atk Vessel.

Read the changelog and gem section. You're missing Herald Curse, wrong gems in 5-link, using Arctic Armor?, no Vaal Grace/Haste for bosses, etc. Lightning Pen won't add as much tooltip DPS as Added Cold / Ice Bite would.
A lot of extra stuff in Passives like extra leech and lightning damage. We have quite a lot of leech with Raker and BloodDrinker, plus the Life on Hit from claws. I'd take those out and get Primal Spirit (mana), Claws of Falcon, and more HP.
Claw upgrade to get similar eDPS, but more atk speed and possibly crit chance if you can afford it.
Belt needs HP and more resist, with the WED.
WED on both rings with HP and missing resists (crit if you don't need resists).
With accessory changes, may need to upgrade Gripped gloves to get dual resist and HP.
Jewels should have HP + 2 dmg mods (20+ chaos each).
@SickDeer
1) You should be fine without it. If you find you want to crit multi later on, you can switch.
2) Nobody usually get's chaos res. If you are dieing to it then it is more than likely a life issue. Most life builds never touch chaos res.
3) Two auras that are being used. Herald of Ice and Wrath. Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace don't reserve mana and are based off of you killing mobs fast enough to maintain. If you can't keep uptime on just Haste, then I would just hold onto them for the boss. To get Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace, just purchase them from poe.trade. That will be the cheapest way to get them.
4) We only use Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace.
Gearing priorities are very set with all builds of Ele cap > Life > Damage stuff. You really need to be ele capped at 75 cold, lightning, and fire. Then try to get life on every rare piece of gear. Preferably T3 or more if you can afford it.

If you are using Wise Oak you want all your res's at the same, but it's still beneficial to use if you have lightning as your highest, and maybe cold?
People also try to overcap their resistances so that they can run ele weakness maps and still be at 75all.

@azaanis
Anything in the change log supersedes what is in the guide. So yes, we get claws instead of daggers.
Everything in the guide still works or is stated that it hasn't been super optimized yet.
Highest damage 6-link without flasks up is ST + GMP + Ele Dmg + Added Cold + Added Light + Ice Bite for maps with Slower Proj for map bosses.
For guardians and shaper, you will want ST + Slow Proj + Ele Dmg + Added Cold + Added Light + Ele Focus (I don't remember if Ice Bite was the best to replace or if one of the added is better to drop.)

@M8W1N
My preference for upgrades is getting gloves then boots squared away. From there you try to get a good belt with WED if you can. Jewelry is fill in what res you have left with good life rolls then add in as many dmg affixes as you can.
I would recommend getting at least a dual ele claw with at least 1.7 aps and open spot for crit chance. Having that crit and aps is usually more important than edps.

Looks like blackdeath beat me to these. Leaving up my responses still.
"
zell580 wrote:
@SickDeer
1) You should be fine without it. If you find you want to crit multi later on, you can switch.
2) Nobody usually get's chaos res. If you are dieing to it then it is more than likely a life issue. Most life builds never touch chaos res.
3) Two auras that are being used. Herald of Ice and Wrath. Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace don't reserve mana and are based off of you killing mobs fast enough to maintain. If you can't keep uptime on just Haste, then I would just hold onto them for the boss. To get Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace, just purchase them from poe.trade. That will be the cheapest way to get them.
4) We only use Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace.
Gearing priorities are very set with all builds of Ele cap > Life > Damage stuff. You really need to be ele capped at 75 cold, lightning, and fire. Then try to get life on every rare piece of gear. Preferably T3 or more if you can afford it.

If you are using Wise Oak you want all your res's at the same, but it's still beneficial to use if you have lightning as your highest, and maybe cold?
People also try to overcap their resistances so that they can run ele weakness maps and still be at 75all.

@azaanis
Anything in the change log supersedes what is in the guide. So yes, we get claws instead of daggers.
Everything in the guide still works or is stated that it hasn't been super optimized yet.
Highest damage 6-link without flasks up is ST + GMP + Ele Dmg + Added Cold + Added Light + Ice Bite for maps with Slower Proj for map bosses.
For guardians and shaper, you will want ST + Slow Proj + Ele Dmg + Added Cold + Added Light + Ele Focus (I don't remember if Ice Bite was the best to replace or if one of the added is better to drop.)

@M8W1N
My preference for upgrades is getting gloves then boots squared away. From there you try to get a good belt with WED if you can. Jewelry is fill in what res you have left with good life rolls then add in as many dmg affixes as you can.
I would recommend getting at least a dual ele claw with at least 1.7 aps and open spot for crit chance. Having that crit and aps is usually more important than edps.

Looks like blackdeath beat me to these. Leaving up my responses still.

Hey thanks a lot this information was very helpful...ya I think my problem is life and keeping res at capped...hopefully I get lucky with some gear drops or I'll just buy some with enough currency.
Guys, what am I missing?

I invested a lot in this character and currency and honestly im not killing the bosses fast as guide has promised! Idk whats wrong, and my only hideout dps is 30k with auras and golems, I see some people achieve a lot more and im having if not better gear than them then equal.
"
SickDeer wrote:
Hello all been following this build and reading through all the posts and just finished act 10 having a blast with this build. Some questions I am hoping to get some clarifications on:

1. is the bandit reward very important? I accidently picked the 2 passives and I am struggling keeping res cap atm not sure if it will diff later once I get better gear. There is a vendor recipe that I can use to switch it back but it is very expensive.

2. my chaos res is very bad and right now that is causing most of my deaths...should I just slap on a cheap chaos res amulet or ring for right now for survivability?

3. how are you guys casting all the various auras with mana reserved? With HoI and wrath I barely have any mana left to cast the rest of the auras. is the only way to use haste and grace is to corrupt the gem and use souls to casts during boss fights?

4. should I be using vaal gems for everything like it's shown in the guide? especially vaal ST which I have.

I just started maps and I was struggling but realised that I just need to put more life and res on my gear for survivability. I am assuming the cap is 75 for res so we should be keeping it at that level at all times correct?

I apologize in advance if these questions have been answered already I must have missed it.

1.) Alira is pretty good, points are not bad but I would definitely go back at some point and change to alira.

2.) Chaos res does not matter. Almost no build gets chaos res at all, there is only a couple things like desecrated ground or poison on hit that deal chaos dmg and you learn to flask right away for these things and watch your life while walking through poison. There is no slots or room to get chaos res on gear without losing something else.

3.) What rest of the auras? Wrath + Herald is all the auras there, grace + haste are VAAL haste and grace. They are vaal gems that you only use when you have enough souls. They don't reserve mana. Should google and look up vaal gems and how they work.

4.) Only vaal gems you use are vaal haste and vaal grace.

"
azaanis wrote:

Guide is pretty straight forward. It was made in a previous league and updated each league for what has changed. Am I to be expected to run nothing but this character every league until the day I die?

Does mathil or lifting or ziggy or any of the other guide makers out there redo the guide each time and redo char each time a new league/patch hits? No they simply put an update section and let you know what has changed with the build.

As for the change of claws/daggers how is that hard to follow? The stats and everything you go for is the same exact on claws as it is dagger... So it is stated for claws you get tri ele dmg roll + crit chance + attack speed. SO guess what now you get a claw that has tri ele dmg roll + crit chance + attack speed.

How is that hard?

"
scoody wrote:
"
azaanis wrote:

Yea it really isn't a 3.0 guide but it's still pretty easy to make it work. You can obviously tell that OP has moved on from this build. Luckily there are some cool people in this thread that will answer questions even though we ask the same ones 100 times lol.

I post in this thread every day, have intentions of in the future to fully PoB it and update skill gems etc and am sure will run it in future leagues as it IS my favorite build so far. I would not call that moving on at all.

"
imbafromNorth wrote:
Guys, what am I missing?

I invested a lot in this character and currency and honestly im not killing the bosses fast as guide has promised! Idk whats wrong, and my only hideout dps is 30k with auras and golems, I see some people achieve a lot more and im having if not better gear than them then equal.

All of this is covered in guide, just read it and compare what you have. The first few things I looked at were very different and stopped looking after that...

1.) Your level 82 that is still pretty low
2.) Your EDPS on your Claw is only 300 with lowish attackspeed (can get up to 2.0) Its not a bad claw by anymeans but is not a 350+ EDPS end game claw
3.) No enchant on helm
4.) Your gem levels and qualitys are all over the place

All of this adds up to a lot more damage/survivability and such
"
imbafromNorth wrote:
Guys, what am I missing?

Your gear is kinda "ok" nothing special, first of all take POINT BLANK, second of all, bosses hp got buffed, its not melting like in the previous leagues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've played few variations of this build in previous leagues, its solid, makes all content pretty easily. Having 52k on gmp at HO now, with 5500 hp using darkrays, pretty fine, and i am sure that i can squeeze easily 60k without too much effort.

My stuff.
Anyone who's been around in this build care for take a look at my gear? I know my ST and herald/orbs gems are out of date. I've heard some different things about switching gems out for bosses I know slower projectile is one but is point blank the next one? I've been farming t12-14 but trying to get into labs and guardians. First toon on PoE, thanks!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tos%C3%AC/characters
Last edited by Tosì on Aug 26, 2017, 9:19:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info