Blast rain and mine targeting

Was listening to an uberelite stream last night while working late on a project, and heard/saw this interaction;

basically, its old bladefall mine targeting, ie, placing mines and instantly detonating them it auto-targets mobs instead of spawning on top of mines. which makes it a potential early league starter and a very good boss killer.

anyone thinks this should be fixed ?

if not, what would be some cool non-double dip bow mine build for blast rain ? the only one that I can think of is doomfletch...chin sol doesnt work precisely because of targeting ;)
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2017, 6:13:47 PM
Isn't Barrage much stronger already? It's a phys base so it can poison better, and scales with arrow count. Plus overpowered helmet enchant. You can set it up for bosses with phases, but it can aim at targets anyway. What's the advantage of Blast Rain over that?

Btw mine behavior is ruled on a case by case basis, there is no real logic to it.

I'm not really saying blast rain has an advantage over other skills, especially like barrage.

Just trying to think of a build with blast rain and this kind of targeting for the hell of it... thought mine targeting is now uniform, so surprised to learn about this one.

haven't played a miner or trapper in a while so this might be a good one. Im deciding between taking a break till 3.0 and doing a fairly unique wonky build from the start.

"
Zed_ wrote:
Isn't Barrage much stronger already? It's a phys base so it can poison better, and scales with arrow count. Plus overpowered helmet enchant. You can set it up for bosses with phases, but it can aim at targets anyway. What's the advantage of Blast Rain over that?

Btw mine behavior is ruled on a case by case basis, there is no real logic to it.

No, mines target the closest enemy when triggered. It does what it says it's suppose to do.

The fix they did before was make it so the range is less. You used to be able to do bladefall mines and trigger them and it would target shit on the complete other side of the screen.

And please feel free to share your +2 barrage helms for us to level with on league start.
"
humenbean wrote:

No, mines target the closest enemy when triggered. It does what it says it's suppose to do.

The fix they did before was make it so the range is less. You used to be able to do bladefall mines and trigger them and it would target shit on the complete other side of the screen.

hmm, but if you look at what RoA does vs blast rain, they work very differently with mines.

RoA always lands on top of the mine. blast rain targets shit far away.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125048578

around
04:17:20

demonstration at
04:19:25
tested it out, its quite obvious (and funny) with mine+trap combo

if you place a mine that lays a trap, the trap is actually thrown at the target by the mine in blast rain case. if you use RoA or whatever, the traps lay there until triggered.

there probably is a way to abuse this, but traps/mines are so non-meta with lack of leech and are fairly clunky, so I dont think anyone will bother. especially since remote mine/trap dont double dip on dots anymore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info