[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
Fujiwara wrote:

Hey !

Can you tell me your skill dps on the character windows with only herald/wrath/golem if possible ?

An i was wondering if it's possible to use The Taming ring, it looks very good... ?

My Spark tooltip is at 103k and 10s BV is 102k with only wrath/herald of ice/golem (tooltips are not relevant)

I have not tried The Taming, but it doesn't seems that good for us, i might be wrong since i'm not sure. But here is my thinking :
-we don't benefit from attack skill bonus
-with a decent amount of crit we already freeze and shock everything
-not really a con but personnaly, i would be short on resists (even if it gives solid resists) if i replace my rare ring with The Taming, and i don't think it's better than CotB
- i value health over small upgrades and this ring have none
- i have no idea how the %dmg per aliment works, could be good since we freeze and shock all the map but i don't know if it is that effective
Last edited by Spaceninja94 on Dec 30, 2018, 7:37:29 AM
"
Spaceninja94 wrote:
"
Fujiwara wrote:

Hey !

Can you tell me your skill dps on the character windows with only herald/wrath/golem if possible ?

An i was wondering if it's possible to use The Taming ring, it looks very good... ?

My Spark tooltip is at 103k and 10s BV is 102k with only wrath/herald of ice/golem (tooltips are not relevant)

I have not tried The Taming, but it doesn't seems that good for us, i might be wrong since i'm not sure. But here is my thinking :
-we don't benefit from attack skill bonus
-with a decent amount of crit we already freeze and shock everything
-not really a con but personnaly, i would be short on resists (even if it gives solid resists) if i replace my rare ring with The Taming, and i don't think it's better than CotB
- i value health over small upgrades and this ring have none
- i have no idea how the %dmg per aliment works, could be good since we freeze and shock all the map but i don't know if it is that effective

Oh ok you're probably right.

I'm following your character gear for now.

How do you handle syndicate members in red tier map ? They are really scary for me and i die only on them ...

Also, what map affixes you never do ? (besides elemental reflect ofc)
Last edited by Fujiwara on Dec 30, 2018, 12:38:10 PM
"
Fujiwara wrote:

How do you handle syndicate members in red tier map ? They are really scary for me and i die only on them ...

I usually go for :
- 10 stack BV (if you find it too slow to stack you can add spell echo to the links)
- Vaal BV and Vaal spark if they're up
- Proc Fortify
- Make sure flasks are active (leech & crit increase survivability)
- Spark if necessary

There's always a risk in melee range, things can go spicy really fast so try to not be static and move around if you feel that you need to

"
Fujiwara wrote:

Also, what map affixes you never do ? (besides elemental reflect ofc)

I try to avoid Cannot leech. Keep in mind that some higher maps have deadly bosses, facetanking them can sometimes result in death, so avoiding buffing them can be a good idea but not mandatory

I am really struggling with this build now. I've been stuck on level 91 for over 40+ hours. ( I could just run say 100 T5 maps or something, but I try not to focus on levelling and just play the game ).

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong but this build seems incredibly fragile - I have died recently on T7 blue maps in a single hit from a blue mob.

Bosses in t11+ yellow maps are very hit and miss, and maps 14+ almost always end up in at least 1 death.

Looking in POB my DPS is over half yours @spaceninja94 - but some of your items are very expensive and I am not able to do uber shaper or anything like that with this build

My profile is public and my character is Wukk if anyone fancies taking a look in POB to see if I'm doing something silly that I haven't worked out.

I am about to reroll another character because I feel this build really doesn't work well at all :(
Last edited by Wuked on Jan 3, 2019, 5:10:20 AM
Hello, everyone.

I want to sell nice gloves for this build in Standard.

PM me in game if somebody you're interested. Price is negotiable :)
And now for a totally different type of question...

Using this as a league starter, what is your go-to method for making currency?

I'm level 88 and have 99 atlas bonus but can't seem to sustain reds nor do i drop enough currency that it seems to be all that profitable. The build isn't especially well suited to it, but i make more just hitting up lower level delves for fossils. Should I actually have been slapping quant and quality items on and trying to speed farm yellows instead?

If someone can please take a look and lend me a hand, that would be greatly appreciated. Clearing trash is fine, but things like bosses or syndicate encounters are nearly impossible. Mostly because I cant get any real damage off on them. I have tried both BV and the revised LT CWC GC set-up and both seem to be failing me. I also feel pretty squishy, even with MoM nodes and a healthy mana pool. Although my health is a bit low, the lack of damage seems to be that death of me every time.

"
Wuked wrote:

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong but this build seems incredibly fragile - I have died recently on T7 blue maps in a single hit from a blue mob.

Bosses in t11+ yellow maps are very hit and miss, and maps 14+ almost always end up in at least 1 death.

Looking in POB my DPS is over half yours @spaceninja94 - but some of your items are very expensive and I am not able to do uber shaper or anything like that with this build

My profile is public and my character is Wukk if anyone fancies taking a look in POB to see if I'm doing something silly that I haven't worked out.

I am about to reroll another character because I feel this build really doesn't work well at all :(

Hello Wuked, i've experienced it too. This build is fragile, especially in melee range in dangerous areas. For example, facetanking guardians, Shaper, UberElder, UberAtziri is never safe for me, even if i have injected a lot of money into the build.

Nothing alarming, melee is dangerous and BV is a melee range skill so if we don't get 1 hit we need to sustain the incoming damages. That's why i went for the leech enchant on boots, %chaos damage crafts + Atziri's flask, corrupt leech on neck.

What helped me to be tankier :

- 80% res
- HP and mana, don't forget that mana is part of your HP with Mind over Matter
- %leech, i opted for chaos with %extra chaos crafts on weapon and shield paired with atziri's flask, you can go for Vessel of Vinktar but you'll need to remove shock (Leech is very strong since your sparks and BV are always hitting targets even if you stopped casting)
- crit, crit is your chance to freeze and shock, a lot of crits means a lot of cc (you create walls of frozen monsters that don't leave bodies which is safer)
- DPS, more DPS equals faster killing, adds more leech, so that we can sustain incoming damage while monsters die faster

The build isn't suited to farm endgame bosses, you have the potential to kill them but it's really good at farming maps, even T16 Elder maps (i do farm underground sea, boss is easy) and Delving, for the reasons i listed above.

Hope this helped someone

Last edited by Spaceninja94 on Jan 7, 2019, 7:51:38 AM
well for starters if you are running MoM you might now want Onsalught in your herald set up :-D (enlighten instead?) not sure
Last edited by EvilSlayer420 on Jan 8, 2019, 10:57:45 PM

Hi! How Can I improve my gear? I have some trouble with red map now....

Should I use Herald of ice/Herald of thunder/arctic armor or Herald of ice/wrath and Arctic armour?

Thx great build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info