Existing characters when 3.0 is released - Q&(no)A

Hey there :)

What is going to happen to existing characters upon the release of 3.0, which features the 10 acts system?

Will characters that are currently in Merciless Act 4 be automatically moved to Act 10?
"
If yes:
1) Will act 10 count as completed for those characters?
2) What will happen to quest rewards that are not "physical", such as additional skill points from Book of Skills, different rewards from the bandits mission, which were given during Normal to Merciless and will (most likely) not exist anymore in 3.0?
Will those quest rewards be taken away, or will acts 6 to 10 feature the same rewards and those rewards will be chosen according to what you chose in Normal to Merciless?
3) Will we be able to choose different quest rewards from the bandits mission, just like we were able to do before?
4) What is to happen to characters which are in Merciless Act 4, but have NOT completed it (i.e. have not killed Malachai)?

"
If no:
• Will we be forced to rush every existing character to end-content again, from beginning to end?
Or will we begin at act 5?

Answers are not limited to GGG staff. Would love to hear the community, hear what you think is going to happen or what you want to happen.
I will update this post with more questions when they hit me.

Thank you :)
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 4:22:01 PM
1/5. In the past, newly-added Acts and content still had to be completed on pre-existing characters. Your characters will still be in A4; might even need to beat Malachai again to hit A5.

2/3. GGG is probably going to force-respec every character, and remove Passive Points accordingly. The game already tracks exactly where each of your Passive Points come from, so it should be a pretty easy 'fix'.
I am curious what they'll do with the Bandits. If they keep the Normal rewards the same, odds are the chosen reward remains unchanged (and thus, no free respec for that), but if the Normal rewards changed, I would rather like a choice in the matter.

4. Nothing special.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 26, 2017, 8:43:30 AM
Actually, I am more interested about how the bandits will turn out. :P
I'm going to delete all my old characters and start fresh.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Good idea... I shall follow
No Problem,
Exile
"
Actually, I am more interested about how the bandits will turn out. :P

I did ask about it ;)
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Too sentimental :(
Last edited by Omga4000 on Feb 26, 2017, 9:53:58 AM
When I came back to this game in 2016, I still had my very old character (from 2012). When I logged in my character was still in Act 3 (Piety was end boss in that time) and I had to kill Dominus. In addition to that, all my skill points were not allocated (since passive treee changed A LOT) and I had to allocate them again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info