Looking for help to push through merciless

Sitting in act 3 atm, but finding it harder and harder to push on even at level 70. I admit i am pretty new to the game so i am certain i am doing something wrong somewhere, this is also the furthest i have gotten in game too.

Tree should be below, maybe i just messed up there somewhere. Using a mix of Lightning Arrow and Barrage with a Death's Harp bow. (not sure how to link my gear or i would do that too.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQHcBS0FZgW1BnAMcA2NES8UIBUgIXYj0ypbLlMwcTB8Mfo2PTnUOkJDMUM2R35KfUt4TP9OKk6fUUdS7Fb6W69fOV8_YqxlTWyMbmlvJ287b_J07XXLdf1293fjeA15aHn2fyuEb4TZhrSGzod2ivCNfo2_j2Caapstnaqgn6U1qW6wq7KAtMW1SLe2vTa-p8AawQTBM8LsxILTb9Qj1ELV-NaK2sHdDd2o4J_jn-pi62PuDu8O_MU=
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 7:57:52 AM
You can just set your characters to public in profile options so we can see both your tree and gear.

We can probably give you advice on how to fix your char, most are salvageable enough to get you to act4 dried lake and then you can wait there for the respec in a few days. Or just use the advice to start fresh in the new temp league.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
You made the mistake of going crit too early in the game, flat dps beats crit by a long shot. Until you got assa Mark, power charges diamond flask uptime your dps will be debuffed a lot. To make it worse bow chars are the hardest to lvl.

If I would have to do a duelist start I would go 2h melee, make my way up to totems and facerole the game until midtier maps with Ancesteral Warchief. Respec in the early 80s when bow starts to work
Aren't you that exile whom I try to carry but d/c in Solaris?
So I d/c'd and ten couldn't find you. I swear on my kidney that I wanted to carry you.
Burn all the orbs!
Should be set to public now, yeah i am starting to realize that. Should have gone two handed cyclone like a friend of mine. Wondering if i can salvage it still somehow to get into maps finally or if i am better off starting over. Also no i haven't asked anyone for a carry sorry must have been someone else o.o
Last edited by FallenSoul on Feb 26, 2017, 6:51:34 AM
It's somewhat passable, you can't really go much wrong with bow builds. What you immediately need is more life on tree and gear, at that level you should start buying endgame stuff and your gear is pretty awful. Obviously enough, you should always keep your resists maxed, the game is balanced under the assumption that you are.

Death's harp is too weak on a regular build at that point in a game, you should get a better bow, and, considering you got 100% pierce on Lightning Arrow buying Drillneck will do wonders for your dps. Do these few tweaks and you should start farming in act 4 dried lake no problem.

Last edited by raics on Feb 26, 2017, 7:11:16 AM
@raics Ah okay good to know, there is a good bit of life i can grab on the tree so i will pick those up and keep an eye out for a drillneck. I think i am overcapped on lightning yeah, with purity up i think i have about 50% on fire and ice. Any advice on a new bow, ideally without having to buy but yeah would be cool to know which are worth looking out for?
Well, you're scaling physical damage there so you need a physical bow and there are a few entry level mapping options for bows. You can get Chin Sol or the good old Lioneye's glare (get a high roll, it varies a lot), either will work. If you decide to invest more cash you can get Reach of the Council, Death's Opus or a good rare bow.

Also, you should buy a normal 5-link chest and spam some chaos on it until you get something usable, that's the cheapest option for an entry level chest.

Last edited by raics on Feb 26, 2017, 7:31:32 AM
Ah yeah a reach was the goal at the end of the day, ideally getting it to drop myself but i had enough chaos to buy one. Or someone how upgrade the harb into an Opus but that would mean act 4. I'll keep an eye out for one what would you consider usable on a chest? Thanks for all the help so far too
The usual affair, get a high life roll and some resists for initial usability, high defense is certainly welcome but not absolutely necessary.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info