Need help with Cospri's Malice build idea

Hi! I have a build idea in mind using Cospri's Malice that seems nice, but I've never made a Cospri's Malice build before and I'm having difficulty finding the best way to make it. Please read the details below and help me find the ideal elements for the build.

The idea is to use Cyclone as the main skill and socket Vortex in Cospri's, then support cyclone with Elemental Focus (among other supports) and Vortex with Item Rarity (along with increased AoE possibly), and then use the Southbound unique gloves.

The desired effect is that Cyclone never actually kills any enemies because it's unable to freeze anything (Southbound + Elemental Focus), and so all kills are made by either freezing enemies with Vortex or by its DoT effect (most likely scenario). Since Vortex is linked to Item Rarity, this provides some nice MF. The Southbound unique gloves also provide a big flat cold damage mod for cyclone and increased maximum life.

The questions:

1) What class + ascendancy is the best one to make use of this combination of mechanics?

2) I can't decide between full crit or just a bit of crit chance with Elemental Overload. This choice also impacts the answer to question 1.

3) One Cospri's + shield in offhand or dual wield 2 Cospri's? I'm leaning towards just 1 Cospri's + shield because the mechanics I described only need 1 of them to work, and I don't see a lot of advantages in dual wielding for Cyclone.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on Feb 26, 2017, 3:28:40 AM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 6:29:24 AM
I haven't made cospri's myself yet nor have the idea what is "the best", but I have something to say anyways:

"a bit of crit" with cyclone is kinda problematic. the chance is rolled for whole cyclone move so small crit chance often results in long non-crit streaks, which honestly is a problem with CoC or Cospris. So I suggest either very high crit and cyclone, or "a bit of crit" with something different

I will not comment on using slot for Item Rarity, but want to point out that you can achieve the same result you want (DoT kills) basically with any spell . All you need is any amount of added fire damage (mantra of flames for example) and crit.. Although Vortex is not bad and would not suffer from things like status ailment avoidance map mod.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 26, 2017, 4:16:00 AM
"
Ludvator wrote:
I haven't made cospri's myself yet nor have the idea what is "the best", but I have something to say anyways:

"a bit of crit" with cyclone is kinda problematic. the chance is rolled for whole cyclone move so small crit chance often results in long non-crit streaks, which honestly is a problem with CoC or Cospris. So I suggest either very high crit and cyclone, or "a bit of crit" with something different

I will not comment on using slot for Item Rarity, but want to point out that you can achieve the same result you want (DoT kills) basically with any spell . All you need is any amount of added fire damage (mantra of flames for example) and crit.. Although Vortex is not bad and would not suffer from things like status ailment avoidance map mod.

Good point on the problem with low crit on Cyclone... I didn't realize it rolled the crit for the whole cyclone. In that case maybe Assassin is the only viable choice to get the consistent crits necessary.

Maybe I could go with Ice Nova instead of Vortex, too, since it has a higher base crit and also higher AoE.
For a Cospri's build you pretty much have to go for a lot of crit in the passive tree and gear to make it feel good. You shouldn't worry about Cyclone killing stuff, though. It won't do a lot of damage since your tree should be focused on crit, spell damage and elemental damage, not on melee weapons or phys damage. I don't think you need to waste a good glove slot on Southbound.

One problem with Cospri's and Vortex together is that it's impossible to make Elemental Equilibrium work with it. All your spells and attacks will deal cold damage as long as you have a Cospri's Malice equipped. It might therefor be a good idea to use the Inquisitor class to ignore resists instead of lowering them with EE.
Last edited by carkasjak on Feb 26, 2017, 6:48:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info