[2.6] [SC] Siege Ballista Critical MF Culler Assassin [Get rich - Pure damage version added]

Hello guys (sorry my english),

I'm going to play softcore legacy league to make lots of items and I was thinking of a build with IIR/IIQ. I wanted something easy to play so I thought about a totem build. I chose Siege Balista + Assassin, because that Siege Ballista is powerful if you have 3 or more totems and Assassin to have heavy damage against enemies.

Build designed to play solo, dont is a build just to cull in groups, no damage.

Build recommended only to softcore, you'll have just Acrobatics + Arctic Armour + meat shield (totems and golem) as defenses and around 4K of life at level 87.

Goal with this build:
- Easy to play.
- Relativy safe (197% increased life + Acrobatics + AA + totems and golem as meat shield).
- High IIR and IIQ.
- Critical damage and poison, no poison gem (Fatal Toxins and Noxious Strike).
- 3 totems.

Why Assassin and not other classes?
1 - Damage. :)
2 - Caped critical chance (95% - enemies on full and low life) + caped accuracy (100% - Lioneye's Glare).
3 - Natural culling strike (Assassinate notable).
4 - Shadow/Assassin offers excellent path in the passive tree to take the essential nodes for this build.

Play style
Put your totems and go ahead, cleaning up everything and collecting what you find interesting. Use Frenzy to have constantly 4 frenzy charges. Your Stolen golem will help alot being the meat shield.

Videos
Spoiler
Springs T11 legacy map with Oak boss, tested Standard, level 86.
https://youtu.be/51o9dp0rtoY

Dried Lake merciless, level 66, 4L:
https://youtu.be/iMoNdV0nhlk

Ascendancy
Assassin. King of the damage.

Make your way in order to Noxious Strike > Toxic Delivery > Ambush > Assassinate.

Damage
Theoretically using Path of Building:
5L, level 19 gems no quality, 4 Frenzy charges, 3 power charges at level 91 against trash mobs:

3 totems = 19542 x 3 = minimum 58626 dps

Level 91 against bosses with Projectile Weakness:

3 totems = 19146 x 3 = minimum 57438 dps

Both dps is counted no Ambush and Assassinate effect (100% more critical chance against enemies on full and low life).

Pure Damage Version
A pure damage version of this build is very promising (I have not tested), you will use the same tree, but will use items focused on damage. Probably hardcore viable. More information on the spoiler:
Spoiler
Continues as required items: Lioneye's Glare, Rain of Splinters and Skirmish. Use the same tree to MF version.

Focus on all items that increase their damage, especially flat physical damage (rings, amulets and gloves).
You can choose to wear unique items, so here are some options:
Armour: Ashrend (socketed Gems are Supported by level 10 Added Fire Damage - very good), The Perfect Form, Hyrri's Ire, Belly of the Beast, Cherrubim's Maleficence.
Gloves: Maligaro's Virtuosity, Winds of Change, Haemophilia (new glove added in 2.6, very good - consider using this item).
Boots: Redblade Tramplers, Alberon's Warpath, Brinerot Whalers.
Helmet: Rat's Nest, Starkonja's Head, Devoto's Devotion, Deidbell.
Belts: Belt of the Deceiver, Meginord's Girdle, Feastbind (expensive), Ryslatha's Coil.

Jewels
Rare jewels with life > projectile damage (it double dips with poison) > totem damage (it double dips with poison) > generic increased damage (it double dips with poison)

Links
5L: Siege Balista + Critical Chance + Faster Attacks + Added Chaos + Critical Damage
6L: + Void Manipulation

5L: Frenzy + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Chain + Curse on Hit + Projectile Weakness

Leveling Guide
Spoiler
At first use EK. Then get Bladefall or Blade Vortex. You'll leveling until the level 66 below using Bladefall/Blade Vortex (BF > echo > poison > IIR), when you reach level 66 the point gained you will get Ancestral Bond, then use your Lioneye's Glare + Skirmish to use 3 totems from this point.

Leveling passive skill tree:
Level 66

Passive Tree
Level 86

Level 91

Full Build

Unique items
Mandatory uniques:
Spoiler
Lioneye's Glare

Must have. Excellent base damage, attack speed, hits cannot be evade and flat mana.

Skirmish

Must have. Totem is life and +1 totem you must have. Plus flat mana and mana regeneration.

Goldwyrm

Must have. IIQ, high fire res, movement speed and mana regeneration.

Aurseize

Must have. High IIR and elemental res.

Perandus Blazon

Must have. IIQ, fire res and other things.

Divination Distillate

Must have when you have currency (usually a little expensive at the beginning of each league). IIQ, IIR and max res.

Rain of Splinters

Must have. Extra projectiles to your totems, with this you dont need use LMP or GMP.

Optional uniques:
Spoiler
Le Heup of All

Until you have good rares with IIR or use Ventor's Gamble.

Ventor's Gamble

You can use it definitely or use a very good rare ring with high IIR.

Goldrim

Until you have a good helmet with +35% IIR.

Andvarius

It depends on your resistances.

Greed's Embrace

It depends on your resistances and life.

Minimum IIR and IIQ Math
I will subdivide the section into 4 levels in average: low, medium, high and final gear, with cons.

Low gear:
Spoiler
IIR level 19 no quality, Goldwyrm, Aurseize, Peranduz Blazon, Le Heup of All, Goldrim, Divination Distillate (average 15% IIQ and 50% IIR) and rare amulet (average 20% IIR).
Minimum IIR: 215%
Minimum IIQ: 39%

Cons: lowest IIR/IIQ

Medium gear:
Spoiler
IIR level 19 no quality, Goldwyrm, Aurseize, Peranduz Blazon, Divination Distillate (average 15% IIQ and 50% IIR), rare gold rings (average 50% IIR each), helmet (average 30% IIR) and rare amulet (average 30% IIR).
Minimum IIR: 305%

Cons: It's getting expensive here.

High gear:
Spoiler
IIR level 19 with max quality, Goldwyrm, Aurseize, Peranduz Blazon, Divination Distillate (average 15% IIQ and 50% IIR), rare gold rings (average 60% IIR), helmet (average 40% IIR) and rare amulet (average 40% IIR).
Minimum IIR: 375%

Cons: You'll spend much with very good rare gold rings, amulet and helmet.

Final gear:
Spoiler
IIR level 19 with max quality, Goldwyrm, Aurseize, Peranduz Blazon, Greed's Embrace (average 12% IIQ and 40% IIR), Ventor's Gamble (average 5% IIQ and 30% IIR each), Divination Distillate (average 15% IIQ and 50% IIR), helmet (average 50% IIR) and rare amulet (average 50% IIR).
Minimum IIR: 415%
Minimum IIQ: 63%

Cons: Super expensive here, you'll probably have trouble getting the cap resist and decente life pool except if you get good rolls on Ventor's Gamble (prepare to pay fortunes).

Jewels
Rare jewels with life > IIR > projectile damage (it double dips with poison) > totem damage (it double dips with poison)

Bandits
Oak, Kraytin, Kraytin.

Links
4L: Siege Balista + IIR + Critical Chance + Faster Attacks
5L: Siege Balista + IIR + Critical Chance + Void Manipulation + Added Chaos
6L: + Slower Projectiles or IIQ

5L: Frenzy + IIR + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Culling Strike + PCoC
If you have other 6L, then use Curse on Hit + Projectile Weakness:
Frenzy + IIR + Greater Multiple Projectiles + PCoC + Curse on Hit + Projectile Weakness

4L: Clarity + Arctic Armour + Projectile Weakness (remove this if you have 2 6L above) + Blink Arrow

4L: Stone Golem + IIR + Purity of Elements + Herald of Ash

4L: CwdT (Level 1) + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Arctic Breath or Enfeeble
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Mar 21, 2017, 8:52:31 AM
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2017, 6:31:01 AM
Updates:

Spoiler
26/02:
- Many smalls updates.
- Added Minimum IIR and IIQ Math section.

27/02:
- Updated Damage section.
- Added Passive tree level 91.
- Changed this build to Assassin (before was Trickster).

28/02:
- Added leveling passive tree level 49 and 66.

02/03:
- Updated Passive Tree section to patch 2.6.0.
- Updated Links section.
- Minor corrections to other sections.

07/03:
- Updated Leveling Guide section.
- Updated Links section, added Herald of Ash to build.

08/03:
- Updated Leveling Guide section.
- Updated Links section.
- Added Pure Damage Version section.

20/03:
- Updated Ascendancy section.
- Updated Damage section.
- Updated Passive Tree section.
- Updated Links section.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Mar 20, 2017, 8:37:45 PM
hey man.
Was thinking about starting league with totem build. And i want to try ballista.
Did u already tested dat build?
Im afraid, that cap for dat build can be low level tier map.
Look interesting
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
"
JizaBol wrote:
hey man.
Was thinking about starting league with totem build. And i want to try ballista.
Did u already tested dat build?
Im afraid, that cap for dat build can be low level tier map.

Hi, I tested this build in the standard, respecing a old character level 86 and using the items. When I created this build and topic I was using Trickster and I tested T11 maps. The damage to clear trash is good, but I dont liked the damage against bosses (relativy weak), then I changed to Assassin that cause at least double the damage, potentially much more.

Then yes, it work well.

At night I update the topic and write leveling guide.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Mar 2, 2017, 9:39:37 AM
Topic updated.

GL HF people. :D
Guides made by me:
this looks interesting will be playing.
Heads up i have some noobish questions
Why do you combine the total dps and the total dps inc poison together? From what i can understand your total damage is more like 45k for all 3 totem. What am i missing here?
Also i tested this build with drillneck too and the dps calculation turns out very close, would drillneck be better by save you the hassle of summoning an extra totem because less time summoning totem = more time to dodge.
One more thing, i want to try the dps version of the build with rat nest, maligaros, 6 frenzy charge and dual curse. What change in the skill tree should i take?
Last edited by BestRengarVn on Mar 3, 2017, 9:34:42 AM
Hey , i wanna try this build in the new legacy league and i have a question
Do you lvl up using spell totems or ethernal knives skill self casted?
And what do you think is the limit of this build ( in the matter of progress)?
Have you ever tried this build before?

Last edited by itaizilca on Mar 3, 2017, 10:48:40 AM
"
BestRengarVn wrote:
Heads up i have some noobish questions
Why do you combine the total dps and the total dps inc poison together? From what i can understand your total damage is more like 45k for all 3 totem. What am i missing here?
Also i tested this build with drillneck too and the dps calculation turns out very close, would drillneck be better by save you the hassle of summoning an extra totem because less time summoning totem = more time to dodge.
One more thing, i want to try the dps version of the build with rat nest, maligaros, 6 frenzy charge and dual curse. What change in the skill tree should i take?

The damage shown is just 1 totem. So the poison damage is caused by just 1 totem. You can still use Soul Mantle to have 1 more totem (100% more), but I do not recommend it.

In relation to the preference for Drillneck is a matter of preference, in fact the damage given by 3 totems is slightly higher using Skirmish. But I have preference for 3 totems due to the fact that it is 1 extra meat shield to protect you and one more object to hit a large area of damage.

About dps version you'll need remove points and put on other places, But to maintain the consistency of an attainable level 90 tree, the last two frenzy charges of the tree you would only pick up from level 90.
Level 90

Full Tree

Difference: less totem damage, totem placement, projectile damage, chaos damage and physical damage. Slightly less critical chance and multiplier. 2 extra frenzy charges, Whispers of Doom.
Bandits: Oak, kill, Kraytin.

"
itaizilca wrote:
Hey , i wanna try this build in the new legacy league and i have a question
Do you lvl up using spell totems or ethernal knives skill self casted?
And what do you think is the limit of this build ( in the matter of progress)?
Have you ever tried this build before?

EK and Bladefall self cast. But it might be a good idea to use a spell totem + EK and use your own EK to increase the damage (2 EK), but I think it's a lot of work, I choose the simplest one. :P

As I said before, I only tested the build on an old trickster 86 level character on T11 maps. To clean trash was working fine, but map bosses was a bit slow, due to the fact that Trickster was well limited in damage. With Assassin this problem has been solved, it has a decent damage (at least double damage). Obviously like others MF builds this "decent" allows to do almost all the content of the game, but I honestly do not know if it is good enough for guardians (each one more than 15 millions of HP) and Shaper.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Mar 3, 2017, 12:01:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info