[2.5] 3 Warchief poison bleed blind taunt fortify and shock totems

Disclaimer
This is not a complete build guide with tl;dr walls of text, here you can see just base concept of the build and my implementation if it. Probably it can be done better. Or worse. It's just my char that turned out to be somewhat better than I expected for that budget. I hope you would like it, feel free to ask any questions and leave comments. Thank you and have fun!

Concept
This build utilizes synergy between scion ascendancies "Hierophant" (+1 totem for skills in our helmet), "Champion" (chance to Fortify and Taunt on hit) and unique helmet Bringer of Rain. Poison and bleed come from Voidheart ring. Shock - from Starforge sword and Innervate gem (and some jewels). Blind - from BoR helmet. Taunt is really important for this build, because it's an ultimate form of defence - you are simply not being attacked, your totems take all aggro instead of you, which especially important at boss/tough mobs fights.

Pros

* Works on 4L! Yes, you don't need 6L or even 5L.
* Really cheap, you can switch Starforge for Hezmana's Bloodlust Vaal Axe and gain comparable dps with Added Fire, WED and Elemental Weakness. Though Starforge is still better.
* Very safe because of Taunt, 3 totems and high life pool (6K with pretty mediocre gear).
* Any map mods, except for Phys reflect. Anything else is ok.
* No uber/legacy gear required, new league friendly.
* Decent clear speed AND single target, can do most bosses including guardians.

Cons

* I never tried it but I feel like dps is not so good for Shaper and Uber Atziri.

Gear

Gems
Look "Gear" section. Innervate in helmet is switched for Conc Effect at boss fights because they can not be shocked with that health pool anyway. Or you can completely ignore shocks and put in Rapid Decay instead, which will provide solid boost to you poison and bleed and probably will result in even better overall dps.

Jewels

Flasks
Look "Gear" section. Getting Sin's rebirth would greatly improve dps, if you can afford it.

Videos

Sorry for lags, low resolution and weird aspect ratio, this is best my potato pc can do.

T13 Lair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZjq9fUkCUk

Vinktar Square boss fight
https://youtu.be/kiu2WbYe7yM

T15 Rare Colosseum with somewhat safe mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyPEaXK9198

Stats (in hideout without flasks)

Offence

Defence

Last edited by gat0 on Feb 27, 2017, 3:53:11 PM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2017, 11:02:21 PM
"
"Champion" (chance to Fortify and Taunt on hit)

its work with totems?
Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU, MOTHE**UCKER! Say what one more god damn time!
"
DEM0ON wrote:
"
"Champion" (chance to Fortify and Taunt on hit)

its work with totems?

Yes it does, that's probably the main feature of this build. My totems taunt and get fortify.
"
gat0 wrote:

Yes it does, that's probably the main feature of this build. My totems taunt and get fortify.

Nice, thanks for the answer 0/
Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU, MOTHE**UCKER! Say what one more god damn time!
This might just be the build I play with my wife; I love totem builds and the taunt + debuffing totem + dps is exactly what I'm conceptually looking for!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info