(jk)
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
Fyndel wrote:
Hello i used this guide to farm efficient ty alot
(jk)

Those belong in a 5c tab.
I'm very casual player so my questons should be dumb. Usually I just do unid 2 chaos recipe (only pain to always have some spare 60-74 items to add into it). But I don't really know what bases worth picking up/chancing/alching. And seems like some ring bases are worth identifying (I always sell them unid in 2 chaos recipe because I always lack them for it).
And I only have 6 tabs and currency tab, so I don't want to keep cheap things to sell. But it's very difficult to understand what combinations of affixes are good, and what are bad - for a person who only played several builds. I use PoeItemInfo macros atm, is there better or easier to use alternatives?
"
fwd wrote:
I'm very casual player so my questons should be dumb. Usually I just do unid 2 chaos recipe (only pain to always have some spare 60-74 items to add into it). But I don't really know what bases worth picking up/chancing/alching. And seems like some ring bases are worth identifying (I always sell them unid in 2 chaos recipe because I always lack them for it).
And I only have 6 tabs and currency tab, so I don't want to keep cheap things to sell. But it's very difficult to understand what combinations of affixes are good, and what are bad - for a person who only played several builds. I use PoeItemInfo macros atm, is there better or easier to use alternatives?

If you're a casual player, or fairly new to the game, I can't really recommend that you follow my guide. The part about opportunity cost might be somewhat useful to you, but you still need to explore the game a lot more in order to make your own informed decisions.

There are a few very valuable bases that are always worth picking up. Mainly Crystal Belts and Steel Rings. You can sell these even at normal rarity, and there's no need to alch them.

For chancing, the most popular base is Sorcerer Boots in order to try to chance Skyforth. In Legacy League you should only do this if the Warbands league is NOT active, or you might get Steppan Eard instead.
You can also chance Leather Belt to try to get a Headhunter, but ONLY if Nemesis league is active. This is only true if you activated it with a Leaguestone. The nemesis roll on a map is not enough.

Knowing what combinations of affixes are good is also something that comes with experience from playing the game for a long time. However, it can still be very time consuming and tiring to check every item. It's a lot like gambling with currency, except you are gambling with your time instead. The vast majority of items are going to be worth very little. Sadly I don't have an easy answer for this.
"
carkasjak wrote:

If you're a casual player, or fairly new to the game, I can't really recommend that you follow my guide. The part about opportunity cost might be somewhat useful to you, but you still need to explore the game a lot more in order to make your own informed decisions.

There are a few very valuable bases that are always worth picking up. Mainly Crystal Belts and Steel Rings. You can sell these even at normal rarity, and there's no need to alch them.

For chancing, the most popular base is Sorcerer Boots in order to try to chance Skyforth. In Legacy League you should only do this if the Warbands league is NOT active, or you might get Steppan Eard instead.
You can also chance Leather Belt to try to get a Headhunter, but ONLY if Nemesis league is active. This is only true if you activated it with a Leaguestone. The nemesis roll on a map is not enough.

Knowing what combinations of affixes are good is also something that comes with experience from playing the game for a long time. However, it can still be very time consuming and tiring to check every item. It's a lot like gambling with currency, except you are gambling with your time instead. The vast majority of items are going to be worth very little. Sadly I don't have an easy answer for this.

Yes, your guide overall targets more experienced players, but such players usually already have their own recipes to success.

What about other 84 bases like Harbinder Bow, Two-toned boots, Opal rings or some other? Are they worth something to do with them, so alch/sell white/just ignore them?

I don't play challenge league atm, may be in 3.0 if I will have enough free time for it.

And you didn't answer my question about rings. Are some rings bases worth ID because I could sell them with good profit or I simply continue to sell them unid in 2c recipe?

And besides running maps which is pretty tedious as for me, are there other activities like farming some bosses (like Atziri runs, I don't know) to get money or good loot to sell? How profitable are uber Lab runs, or it's only worth when someone pays you for it? I only did these things several times, so I don't have enough data for sure.

Overall your guide is good, but it's focused on trade profits, and personally I want to know about other ways to get rich as well.
"
fwd wrote:

Overall your guide is good, but it's focused on trade profits, and personally I want to know about other ways to get rich as well.

That's not really true. My guide is focused on avoiding trading as much as humanly possible and still making a bunch of currency from grinding maps really fast.

If you wanna pick up huge bases like harbinger bows you're better off asking someone else. I don't even show rares that are bigger than 1 slot in my filter. Check poe.trade if you're wondering about the value of specific items, though. I'm not going to list and rate each item base in the game for you here.

As for boss runs, rushing to be among the first people to kill Atziri and Shaper can be very profitable in a new league. Farming Uberlab and selling helm enchants and quality gems can be good too. I don't know much about the economy of Standard league, though. I imagine only the top items are worth much there since it's extremely saturated with stuff from all these years.

The rest of your questions are mostly answered in the guide already if you actually read it.
Last edited by carkasjak on Mar 25, 2017, 10:50:45 AM
Hi,

what i really miss a bit - are u using mf-gear or better whats the iq and ir u're using.

I thought it's important for as example currancy drops in maps ?
IGN Sheenara
He doesn't use any MF gear.
"
Mantas1 wrote:
Hi,

what i really miss a bit - are u using mf-gear or better whats the iq and ir u're using.

I thought it's important for as example currancy drops in maps ?

I don't currently play a build that I feel comfortable using MF gear with, but it's certainly an option if you can do it without hurting your clear speed. I know that some of the EK nova players are using the Item Quantity gem and bisco's atm.
Thanks for a nice guide. My friend had played around with neversink's lootfilter so it shows even less stuff but i still get tempted by too much of it (hello there vendor food harbinger's). The point you make about the momentum actually makes a lot of sense (i haven't really thought about it before). Also trying to optimise my time as much as possible since i have to work and can't no life the shit out of it like my friend for these past two weeks. Therefore i am trying to get as much as possible out of my time :)

Once again thanks for the guide and have a good one !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info