[Guide] Efficient currency farming

"
carkasjak wrote:
I have no idea why you even felt like replying in the first place.

Reading and writing forum posts is a source of entertainment, and new players asking mechanics questions (my favorite threads to post in) are very scarce nowadays. So I wander into other threads. And the whole point of my disclaimer at the front was to indicate that I was making a "just in case" statement, fully aware I could be preaching to the choir.

I saw the widespread negative response to "the 5c method" which, by secondary sources, was portrayed as dickish and wasting peoples' time. Seeing the vast quantity of traders out there who never reply, there was a good chance that addressing the issue in this thread would be a productive effort. Think about it this way - if I'm able of wandering in and getting the wrong idea, what are the chances someone else could wander in and get the wrong idea (that not responding to whispers is acceptable, as would be implied by responses to backlash against the 5c method) as well? Pretty solid, as I don't think my forum browsing habits are THAT atypical. Heck, there was recently a thread in off topic that literally went 3 pages with no mention of the original article posted.

"
Your shopkeeper analogy also fails to hit the mark. Item listings in PoE are a lot more like putting up an ad on a website saying you have a used toaster for sale, and leaving your contact information. The buyer has to contact you, and might want to negotiate the price and other terms, and you can still back out of the sale or change the price if you discover that it might be worth a lot more, since it's an antique toaster or a collector's item. The buyer can't expect you to take time off work to make the trade whenever it suits his needs.

And now you've pulled the analogy too far in the other direction :p PoE has auto AFK and a DND mode, so when you whisper someone and get no automated response, there's a damn good chance the other person is sitting right in front of his computer and has made zero effort to convey his being busy. Grinding is not a job, and no employer is looking over your shoulder to ensure you don't make personal calls. Besides that, selling is your main business - taking all of 5 seconds to tell someone you've changed your mind about the price is taking time off work to do work. For real life items, you generally get an email or phone contact. Email isn't instant nor expected to be instant (and you have no feedback about the busy status of the seller), and phone gives you feedback about busy status via tones or a voice mail message. If you don't set a /dnd, you're essentially picking up the phone and heavy breathing into it, which is just as awkward and time wasting for a used toaster on Craigslist as it is for a checkout line attendant.

It's good news that the original post agrees with all that, though.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Feb 27, 2017, 1:33:44 PM
Nice content! Will read further later.
IGN: EmptyPalms
Awesome guides, but you forget mention about Prophecy.
"
Wybitny wrote:
Awesome guides, but you forget mention about Prophecy.

You're right, it slipped my mind. I'll give it a mention in the Other tips and tricks section.
I'll definitelly will take some tips from this guide. Thank you for writing it. I'm a much slower and casual player then you are, so I'll have to adjust it to my own speed.

I wonder when the chaos recipe stops being worth it? Maybe I'll purchase a quad tab just to dump yellows into it. The Regal orb isn't worth it I heard (when I start running yellow maps)?

Do you have any last tips on what items are worth hoarding? Like leather belts/sorc boots? Just dump and sell them in a batch or are they not worth the clicking?
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
"
TotemLols wrote:
I'll definitelly will take some tips from this guide. Thank you for writing it. I'm a much slower and casual player then you are, so I'll have to adjust it to my own speed.

I wonder when the chaos recipe stops being worth it? Maybe I'll purchase a quad tab just to dump yellows into it. The Regal orb isn't worth it I heard (when I start running yellow maps)?

Do you have any last tips on what items are worth hoarding? Like leather belts/sorc boots? Just dump and sell them in a batch or are they not worth the clicking?

The community has pretty split opinions about the chaos recipe. I personally don't think it's ever worth it, but for me the fact that it's annoying and tedious to do is definitely a big factor. I encourage people to find out for themselves how they want to play, and this guide is not meant to dictate what's "correct" or "incorrect".

For sorc boots I just carry a stack of chance orbs in my inventory and chance them on the fly as I find them. If you wanna try chancing a Headhunter it's probably best to stockpile a few stash tabs of normal rarity leather belts and chance a bunch of them at once in a Zana Nemesis map or way cheaper with a Nemesis Leaguestone map in the upcoming Legacy League.

I've hoarded a lot of useless crap in the past, but I don't think it's necessary to hoard anything except currency tbh.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
v_Lusky wrote:
reading this guide would cost me too much opportunity, sorry but even typing out this reply is expensive, must continue mapping.

OT: well written and very informative

Get off my forum Lusky.

You mean you own the forums and he cannot post any comments?
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
v_Lusky wrote:
reading this guide would cost me too much opportunity, sorry but even typing out this reply is expensive, must continue mapping.

OT: well written and very informative

Get off my forum Lusky.

You mean you own the forums and he cannot post any comments?

Don't be daft. Stop stalking me. I know you want to be 'in' on the joke with my friend Lusky, but you aren't.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Don't be daft. Stop stalking me. I know you want to be 'in' on the joke with my friend Lusky, but you aren't.

Similarly, I could say that you are stalking me and don't be daft.

You mean you own the forums and Lusky cannot post any comments?
"
DemiDemon wrote:
So I skim-read, got to your policy on the 5C tab and decided I can't be bothered reading anymore. No it's not against the rules but it is dickish behaviour.

Why the fuck are so many people butthurt by this. I would generally only ever make like 2-3 ex an entire league followed this guide to a T and I just got my 34th exalt, were only just into the second week of legacy league... Dickish or not... the shit works...
My Youtube channel! Path of Exile bits and pieces!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGfyRQ8fKN8-NxC-s_urqA
Last edited by fight4anarchy on Mar 13, 2017, 8:15:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info