Health Thread

"
"
solwitch wrote:
Sorry I can't be benign about this topic. I'm going to say it like it is... If you're overweight because of some underlying issue that's out of your control you are excused. However, if your fat thumb can hit a button on a keyboard then I invite that fat thumb to point towards the button on that treadmill.

Let's skip the science, you know as we age our metabolism slows down... Yeah heard it all.

Know this every damn individual can control what enters his or her mouth there is no excuse. My favorite excuses:

"I had a child..."
"My wife left me"
"No one loves me"

I heard it all... So you can afford 50$ on a video game then you can afford an hour with a nutritionist.

My sister had a child, she complained after five years of giving birth... She barely lost the weight. "I don't have the motivation." So I showed her this video... Enjoy!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ij3k50-C28

I think you'd do well to spend a fraction of that on a few minutes asking a nutritionist or dietician what they think about this.

Again, I feel the need to reiterate this. The number of people who fail to lose substantial amounts of weight is close to 100%.

If these people had me as a friend I guarantee you they would loose the weight, I've done it several times with friends and family. I'm not an expert, I just lead by example.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Then you, sir, are a medical marvel, and should get your ass on the talk show circuit.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
Again, I feel the need to reiterate this. The number of people who fail to lose substantial amounts of weight is close to 100%.

If true, this means that society should work on preventing the weight gain in the first place. But then whe hit a catch 22: you cant sucessfully fight against people getting obese, if the liberal left is trying to make it socially acceptable and is fighting against any criticism. #BodyPositivity.. derp!

It doesn't help that people recognize that being fat is bad, only once they are already fat. Right?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Feb 25, 2017, 3:24:45 PM
"
morbo wrote:
"

If true, this means that society should work on preventing the weight gain in the first place. But then whe hit a catch 22: you cant sucessfully fight against people getting obese, if the liberal left is trying to make it socially acceptable and is fighting against any criticism. #BodyPositivity.. derp!

It doesn't help that people recognize that being fat is bad, only once they are already fat. Right?

Again, I'd have to see decent examples of what you're talking about. I asked about this earlier and no examples came. Otherwise, I can't really judge. I'm sure there are some people which, like with any issue, take a good thing (the idea that being fat doesn't make you a lesser human being, and the fact that fat-shaming is a bad thing) entirely too far, but the same can be said about cakes. Hey, I can do fat jokes too!

Meanwhile, Michelle Obama pushed for healthier school lunches, and pushed for more exercise - in a way that didn't treat fat people like a punching bag. And, bizarrely, it seemed to work pretty well. (Republicans weren't particularly happy.) There are very few people who disagree with the concept that we should stop kids from becoming obese. I couldn't really name any of them, least of all in positions of power, unless we want to count the Keebler executives.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 25, 2017, 5:20:05 PM
"

This is needlessly cynical imo. I've lost a little more than 80 lbs now and have helped others I know lose weight as well. It's really quite simple to lose weight - cut carbs, increase fats and get some exercise. Add in a heavy dose of discipline and boom you're losing weight before you know it.
x
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
Last edited by Maceless on Aug 11, 2017, 10:15:43 PM
"
Maceless wrote:
Want to be healthy?

Listen to your body.

Eat and feel the consequences.

My Body wants whisky!!!!

"
Maceless wrote:
Want to be healthy?

Examine your poo.

Done!

Spoiler
Repeat after me

Spoiler
Moderation

Well done, your healthy.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Everyone needs to get off of the smokes and booze too!

Yeah, let's eliminate everything that's fun, and tastes good just so we can all live 5-10 years longer. Who the fuck wants to live to be 80, anyway? I'd be content if I lived to be 60.
"
Again, I'd have to see decent examples of what you're talking about.

Feminist propaganda of "body positivity", "fat pride", war against "bikini ready ads" etc.. its all over the place if you want to see it.

The fact is that these feminist activists aren't able to reach basic levels of attractiveness & standards of beauty, so they try to lower the bar to their level. Here, ill let the man Gavin explain: BuzzFeed's "Plus Size Fashion" video is cruel and stupid (warning triggering language!)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info