I live in a world with crazies... For the last time there's no God.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
A group of guys wearing technically bathrobes wrote a book. Now because of them we have institutions that instill a supreme being on the masses. I went to catholic school, I was surrounded by sociopaths, psychopaths... ecetera.

I have completely disassociated myself from anyone that belongs to any congregation of religion. At work I have to put up with a co worker that constantly badgers me to visit his church.

I'm sorry but religious people are a bit off.

A pastor once asked me to put more money in the basket... I told him, "I'm not paying your rent."

Of all religions, Christianity is the worst. Thousands of women died, slavery became more prevalent and what's even more sad Christianity is responsible for more criminal acts against humanity than any other religions combined. I think what bothers me more is the fact that the majority of people are just lonely and thus religion is just a way to fill a lonely gap in life.

People you don't need a fictional supreme being to fill a void in your life... I digress. The only thing I can say positive about religion; it instills a fear that keeps humanity from self destructing.
There is a distinction between religion and theism. If you believe God(s) exist(s) but pay no particular deference to them, you are in irreligious theist; if you do not believe in gods but hold certain things as sacred, you are a religious atheist.

Theism is just as silly as you describe it. Religion is not silly. The extent to which mainstream theistic movements vindicate themselves is in fact due to their religiosity, not their erroneous metaphysics.

Your remarks on Christianity are misguided. As the most influential religion on this planet, it's been responsible for more raw volume of good and bad than any other; you're focusing on the negative and ignoring the glorious civilization built by Christians you live in. The crisis in atheism is its tendency towards irreligiosity, a weakness Christians tend not to have. Seeing a God that doesn't exist is usually trivial in consequence; irreverence towards the Good that exists is toxic to civilization.

My remarks on Christianity are not misguided. Christianity has a historical dogma of brutality, mass murders, rape, torture... Ecetera. I invite the community to look up the European Witch hunt. That is just one example of the plethora of crimes committed against humanity. A feminist being a Christian, now that's an oxymoron. A lgbt member calling themselves Christian... Google, "To burn at the stake." The F word should appear.

"WELL CHRISTIANITY IS MODERN NOW"

Far from it... Ask any Christian. "Christianity is a way of life."

Theism, that's so general who cares. We are talking about Christianity. Let's not add irrelevant nouns like a politician. This argument isn't based off an ideology or belief system. Its fact... It's written everywhere in history books. Religion... Even Hitler used it as a(n) opportunistic pragmatism.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 25, 2017, 2:03:37 PM
This thread is so Solwitch and I'm LOVING EVERY SECOND OF IT!
anything is everything
I'm fairly convinced that every time someone takes something solwitch says seriously, a troll gains his warts.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Yeah some people can be fuckin crazy.

Did we troll the troll?

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Feb 26, 2017, 10:56:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info