Bazaar boss - block ignore?

Hey, I just fought Ancient Sculptor possesed by tormented spirit - text on him said just ele resist and culling strike (I am just about 60% sure about this)

I fought him with my block/armor/aegis aurora character.

He was hiting me for cca 1.5-2.5K with every single hit (I died like 4 times there) even tho I drunk all potions and was at 78 bock/spell block and 40K armor.

So... can tormented spirit make him absolutely ignore block? Because I should have been fucking blockng those hits and getting 1000 ES back for every block, instead he just killed me like my defenses didnt exists.
Last edited by Nathaniell123 on Feb 24, 2017, 1:09:46 PM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 7:15:21 AM
There are no Tormented Spirits that affect Block rate at all.

Very hard to determine the situation here without screen shots.

The boss has: Spectral Throw + LMP, a regular attack, and throws Liquid Gold, which is like tar (slows you).
First miniboss should have Ice Nova a regular attack
Second miniboss has Lightning Strike and Tempest Shield.

Do you remember the map mods?
Its spectral throw is pretty scary, and hits very often. I don't think you're meant to facetank that even on a max block character.
Yeah I didnt even get him under 90% hp, so the other statues werent even there.
He used excatly what you said, basic attack, ST and gold shit on the ground, but I swear from those 4 deaths a didnt block him once and thats just impossible with 78% block chance (in last 2 deaths I was runing around kiting him to recover ES (still leveling up so I am at cca 3.4K hp and 1.1K ES))

I dont know... mby there is some bug, hard to tell, if only PoE had combat log after all those years of development.....

If it was just ST, I could speculate, that you cant get shotgunned by ST, but if you block one, it could teoreticly still hit you with other one and if you block that with third one.. but it was normal attacks as well :/
Last edited by Nathaniell123 on Feb 24, 2017, 4:51:06 PM
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Well, he wasnt oneshotting me, it took him 3-4hits, once I lived quite long, because there were some mobs, which actualy replenished my ES (I blocked them...) and x 4 for all deaths, so the chance would be much lower :D

Even tho, how much stronger boss gets with thormented spirit? Because all his attacks are physical (cant recall the map mods, but it definetly wasnt reduced block chance) about 2K with fortify and 40K armor? That still insane, even if he had extra ele dmg, I should still reduce the phys portion by 50%+ and ele by 75%... :D It was just freaking weird.
Last edited by Nathaniell123 on Feb 24, 2017, 4:56:34 PM
You're a bit disillusioned by how armour works in this game. Estimated Reduction given on the stat page is not accurate at all. The long story short is that the harder the hit, the less armour does for you. The weaker the hit, the more it helps.

Again, do you remember the mods on the map?
No, sadly I dont.

I know how armor works, but he would have to hit for around 6K to deal that amount of dmg to me... And my main concern is unblockability anyway. Damage is possible, just surprising :)
6k on a T11 map boss possessed by a spirit is entirely plausible.
Maybe some of the Tormented Spirits do secondary damage? At least alchemist in free form probably does?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info