[2.5] LL/MB/MSB/RF/Aegis Guardian

Introduction:
This is a random build I tried that ended up working out fairly well and was more survivable than I thought it would be. I will not recommend in HC as Chaos damage even with max chaos resist can catch you off guard, especially degen. Given that though I was able to finish normal Atziri deathless, which has quite a bit of chaos damage, it does do fairly well most of the time.

I have always wanted to try Low Life build without a Shavs/Lorica but have mainly played HC league where this is not very life extending... But with some time constraints pushing me to SC Breach this league I decided to finally try it out.

And if trying it out why not pile as many odds and ends as possible so I present my:
Low Life, Righteous Fire, Max Attack/Spell Block, Aegis, Scorching Ray CwC Firestorm build

As it sits it is not a cheap build at all (mainly jewels) but it can be adapted to be cheaper.

I have been able to run this build though T15 maps (Abyss, Colosseum, Dark Forest, and Shaped Arsenals mostly). In most cases this build feels very tanky but does very respectable damage thanks to RF and Pain Attunement.

Stuff that is hard for this build:
So far only two sources of Chaos "hit" damage have killed me. First was the T16 Snake Phase in the Chimera fight. Second was a Cheyula Breach on a very high damage map. I have not tried but I could see Uber Atziri constructs also being able to.

Degen clouds/ground on the other hand are a very different story and there are way more sources than I had imagined. With max res they are not horrible if you are paying attention but it is very easy to die if you are not.

Overall this build was very fun to play just because of all the mechanics involved. I would not say it is super fast at clearing but enjoyable.

Gear:
Spoiler

As we are using Aegis and not Rise of the Phoenix getting enough regen to sustain RF can be a challenge (as a plus traps in the lab are a joke with RF off). To make it easier to sustain this build uses The Beast Fur Shawl for the increased recovery of ES:

What makes this build expensive is using a The Red Nightmare jewel to get block around the Marauder area. Doing this allows me to drop this:

and use a

instead for a large damage gain.

Rest of the gear is for getting ES, Resists (including Chaos), and Spell Block.

Notes:
The corruption on the Stone of Lazhwar is not needed if using an Advancing Fortress.
For boot enchant the %regen is needed to maintain RF.
For the helmet I bought a RF related enchant (either radius, damage, or spell damage will work) and then crafted with an Essence of Horror until I got a decent roll, this might not be necessary right away but does help out with RF damage. RF could also be put in gloves and use the DoT Essence, but Horror's where cheaper.

Chaos Resistance is extremely important to pickup. Want it to be capped so that the ~750 life that is left unreserved can take a couple hits of Chaos damage in higher maps.

Jewels
Spoiler

As mentioned before this is where a lot of currency went into the build.

I have a Green Nightmare (Nightmare is probably not needed but was collecting the set) to get frenzy charges by the Templar. Could use a damage/es jewel.

I have a Red Nightmare (Nightmare is required to get the block needed to drop Advancing Fortress) to get block and end charges by the Marauder. Could use Advancing Fortress and damage/es jewel.

I have 2 Reckless Defense jewels to help with getting to max block and also capping off spell block.

The last jewel can just be damage/es.

Current Stats:
Spoiler

Def:

Firestorm (Charges and Sulphur Flask):

Scorching Ray (Charges and Sulphur Flask):

Est. Damage:
Firestorm - 177,849 + 11,000 ignite
Scorching Ray - 30,250
RF - 47,057
Total - ~239k

Auras:
Spoiler

Purity of Fire and Elements (if you have better resist gear this could be changed), Clarity (lvl 1 just for Guardian buffs), Discipline, and Vitality.

Gems
Spoiler

Main Damage Links 5L(6L) are:
ScorchingRay-CastWhileChanneling-Firestorm-ConcEffect-IncreasedDuration(-FirePen)

For the Weapon it will depend on if you have Advancing Fortress(Whirling Blades) or Doryani's (Leap Slam)
WhirlingBlades-FasterAttacks-Golem (weapon adds Fortify)
LeapSlam-FasterAttacks-Fortify

For the shield and with this being max block I am using the block counters with Life Gain on Hit, this combination really helps survive-ability. Even in T15 maps I can stand in front of constructs (in range of the counters) and feel fairly safe.
Riposte-Reckoning-LGoH

Boots/Gloves/Helmet depend on where RF is and then the other two can be swaps as colors allow.
RF is in Gloves/Helm with enchant:
RF-EleFocus-IncBurning-IncAoE

Other 4L is:
Enlighten(3)-PurityOfEle-PurityOfFire-Vitality

Last item is a 1 and 3L
Tempest Shield
Clarity-Discipline-BloodMagic

Other combinations that could work but have not been tested:
Tempest Shield with Curse on hit and life leech
This would move the Clarity-Disc-BM to the shield and replace the block counters. It might be enough to sustain through Chaos Damage.

Ascendancy Nodes:
Spoiler

This is the order I took them:
Time of Need - The 30% regen or es every 5 seconds really helps
Radiant Faith - Big armor and ES Boost around the middle of Cruel
Bastion of Hope - This is needed for the block & stun protection
Unwavering Faith - Nice regen and phy dmg reduction

Tree:

Bandits
Spoiler

I killed all, although Frenzy or End Charge could be nice also.

Couple Videos
Spoiler

Will make some if there is any interest.
Last edited by MasterScooby on Feb 23, 2017, 10:57:05 PM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 11:35:48 AM
I'm doing this in ST as a Necro with Shavs. I am using Bone Offering, obviously Red Nightmare is much stronger.

Nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info