Weight of the Empire, 3x dmg or 2x dmg + health?

Hey,

I've been using a Weight of the Empire jewel for a while now, because someone told me it was "OP". However, I don't really see those double damage hits happen much at all - and if/ when they do, it's nothing really spectacular. I didn't really sacrifice anything to get the 50 strength in the radius, since they had already been allocated there, so it's not like I need to make serious changes, I can just swap the jewel out.

Normally I wouldn't hesitate at all and just get a 3x damage jewel right away (or perhaps an even more expensive 2x damage + health one), but from what I understand Weight of the Empire is getting buffed in 2.6.0 to double the 2x damage chance. Do you think it will make the jewel worth using? Frankly, I've had no problems making Heavy Strike viable even without it, and got it recommended relatively recently. That extra 7% HP could also help me quite a bit, since I'm still under 6000, because I've got no health on gloves (Empire's Grasp) or chestplate (The Brass Dome).

What are your recommendations?
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2017, 6:51:48 PM
"
Xfing wrote:
Hey,

I've been using a Weight of the Empire jewel for a while now, because someone told me it was "OP".

That person was probably trolling or uninformed :P

"

Normally I wouldn't hesitate at all and just get a 3x damage jewel right away (or perhaps an even more expensive 2x damage + health one), but from what I understand Weight of the Empire is getting buffed in 2.6.0 to double the 2x damage chance. Do you think it will make the jewel worth using? Frankly, I've had no problems making Heavy Strike viable even without it, and got it recommended relatively recently.

20% or 40% more long-term DPS is quite tempting. If you're already killing bosses in less than 10 seconds, go for the Life bonus. Otherwise, if you're set on Heavy Strike, Weight of the Empire seems to be pretty good for long-term DPS.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Thanks for the advice. But I'm already at like 80k dps with permanent buffs only, and have the whole large axe circle yet to allocate (last 9 skill points, ironically, lol), so I should easily get to 100k by the end of it, and that's just with herald of ash, hatred and fire golem. That's not even counting temporary buffs like Fortify (added to leap slam), punishment (curse on hit on leap slam too), ancestral protector and rallying cry. Then there are the flasks, so yeah, I'll probably be fine in the damage department.

Life + 2x damage it is, then!

Also, two of my other jewels are rather inefficient, as they help me cap out two resistances, which I just realize i could make redundant by taking away a point from some minor damage node and putting it in Diamond Skin. I could then buy three pure health + 2x dmg jewels. If I can afford it...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info