Why the VP hate?

"
suszterpatt wrote:
It also doesn't help that VP, GR and CI are all in the same one quarter of the tree. It helps even less that this is also the same one quarter of the tree where the best crit nodes and PA are.

If VP was moved to between the Marauder and Duelist areas, things would be a lot less atrocious.

Not good enough. Moving it around, like putting it back to where it used to be, would just push most CI builds into using Acuities again and make mass-life vp builds replace the rest. Which means the game still winds up being balanced around untelegraphed one-shots and extremely overtuned damage because that's the only thing that can beat instant leech, while anything not using instant leech gets punished.

Instant leech needs to go, period. Rework VP and Acuities to have something else to augment leech (and Bloodseeker too, although that might be the one case where it's okay), but it absolutely cannot be an unlimited ability to instantly restore 100% of your health in a fraction of a second... it can't come anywhere close to that.
"
adghar wrote:

Evasion and Dodge are already strong measures against enemy (Attack) DPS, especially if you use Uniques like Hinekora's Sight and/or Atziri's Step and/or The Snowblind Grace and/or The Perfect Form. What Life Melee Evasion builds need to survive one-shots is higher buffer or mitigation. Vaal Pact doesn't even do anything against true one-shots, it only "helps against one-shots" if you sort of use a fuzzy definition of one-shot as burst DPS. (And again, Evasion/Dodge is already great against burst DPS compared to no Evasion/Dodge.)

I know there are uniques like those that benefits life melee evasion builds, though Snowblind Grace/ The Perfect Form are league exclusive items (unless Breach happens to hit core game like Essence, then it might not be an issue). Though, I would prefer QoTF or Kinstugi over them.

If VP is excluded from the right side of the tree, all you have is a pitiful amount of life regen, non VP leech can only do so much unless you are Slayer, and Evasion/Dodge. They can only do so much for life evasion melee, especially when it is a bit of a pain to get life nodes compare to the left side of the tree. VP is there to reduce some of the flunky one-shots that occur (the one you call BS deaths). The real one-shots will kill me regardless what I got, be it any type of builds with the exception of ES with high eHP and VP.

Edit: Mobility (Movement speed) plays a huge role too in Evasion/dodge, but life ranged (bow) evasion can do it better.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 23, 2017, 8:03:03 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

If VP is excluded from the right side of the tree, all you have is a pitiful amount of life regen, non VP leech can only do so much unless you are Slayer, and Evasion/Dodge.

Odd, I must be too much of a DPS addict then, as I seem to hit the 25% max Life per second cap very frequently on my Life Melee Evasion builds with just Vitality Void, and 25% is extremely fast compared to enemy DPS on my builds.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Feb 23, 2017, 8:13:42 PM
"
adghar wrote:

Odd, I must be too much of a DPS addict then, as I seem to hit the 25% max Life per second cap very frequently on my Life Melee Evasion builds with just Vitality Void, and 25% is extremely fast compared to enemy DPS on my builds.

It depends really, I do die to some BS deaths even with Vitality Void, though it is better than the ones that do not use Vitality void. In the cases where I do not go to that notable which happens to be two of my life melee evasion shadow builds, it takes a bit too much investment to go down there, so might as well go VP to save the trouble and used any remaining investment elsewhere.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info