Amazon Prime

Have you been primed?

I just got a bill from a credit card I haven't used for several years.

Amazon had billed me £79 for Amazon Prime on the 20th Jan 2017 using a card they have details of which expired Jan 2015.

Is there no end to how crooked they have become? Check your CC statements, your bank statements, check your piggy bank, your sock drawer, check everything.
Casually casual.

Last bumped on Feb 24, 2017, 4:38:11 AM
How about cancelling it?
It might not be Amazon check your credit report QUICK. Someone did this to me to get a free year of prime. It's some kind of scam going on. I got a credit card in the mail from JPMC that I didn't order. I thought the wife ordered it. NOT.
Censored.
It was Amazon, they are doing it to millions.

It's a scam that nets them millions of £/$.

Some will realise and cancel, some will realise but actually stick with it as they decide they like it, others will never know.

The last two groups are making them a fortune that they wouldn't otherwise have.
Casually casual.

Ugh. I will keep an eye on them now too. Too many scammers!
Censored.
Yeah, you need to opt out of it after the trial or they start charging. It's BS.
Some call it small print. I call it sneaky print. :)
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I remember when fine print was a problem because it was actually small and hard to read. Now its a problem because don't read at all.

True. Prime is very easy to understand. Thats why i dont use it. People need to read, thats all. The OP seemed to have signed up then forgot about it. Now he complains about being charged.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I remember when fine print was a problem because it was actually small and hard to read. Now its a problem because don't read at all.

It's more like, it's not the problem.

It's more like, the problem is Amazon default ticking the sign up. It's more like, Amazon signing people up for the trial even when they decline. It's more like, Amazon signing people up to the trial who didn't even buy anything or see anything about a trial. It's more like Amazon billing cards that have expired 2 years earlier. It's more like, people who actually, willingly, subscribe to Prime, getting billed again the annual fee but monthly and getting their Prime suspended when they charge back the extra payments.

Amazon went way beyond sneaky.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info