[3.0][HC][Self-Found] Beginner Blade Flurry / Block / Leech / Bleed

Thank you, took your guide as a sample for the 1 week race. Got lucky with Scaeva and Lycosidae drop. When hit have 73% block chance. I forego the many leech nodes (the bottom cluster I think is enough), and instead took two Sword cluster nodes for more damage block chance and +to weapon range. If I find the last two uber trials will have 73% chance to cause bleeding (now at 48%). At this point in race lvl 78 at 3.8k life (which does nto feel very great), just capped resists, was running on 5l armor, but well the one item I bought in the end resolved resist issues, is a 6l corrupted chest. And for bandits in cruel I took physical damage from Oak.

Instead of stone golem I am using flame golem, which gets killed all the time, but again more damage, and frenzy charge sustain is done via blood rage (before I got a good boots drop I had sharkskin unique boots with inbuilt charge sustain) as life regen outregens the degen + scaeva has two red sockets giving more leech, did not see any real downside not to. I would possibly consider another shield, but Lycosidae is very good, as I can ignore accuracy.

Next aim to get more resists and respec out of 15% all res node, possibly get int on items and respec out of the 30 int nodes, get at least one or two frenzy charge nodes and life nodes, and at least 1 jewel slot (at this time don't have any). My go at the build is more softcore, more damage, but I still think it can be played on hardcore. I don't know if I will replace Scaeva, but if 350dps sword magically appears i might.

My setup is not yet final, like I am using Hatred and Herald of Ash, but I will switch out things to fit in grace and blasphemy+some curse, right now I am self casting punishment (could not get 3 off colors on boots, so had to switch to punishment/warlords, before was using temporal chains).

Depending on gear getting 5+k life will be very nice, ~6k would be awesome (but without trading that would be a pain).

You are free to check out my gear and character: racersPasieBrah

edit: ah and yes I am using Vengeance, Reckoning and Riposte linked with Blind support gem.

edit2: made it to 85 yesterday, the hardest content I did on this guy was 2 member part corrupted excavation map, doable, but you can feel the damage is not enough for lvl19 gems (getting quality gems should be a priority at this point).

edit3: did some tinkering in path of building it's possible to quadruple damage with 20/20 gems, witchfire brew, atziri's promise and lion's roar (so gonna go try atziri for her flask). Looked at posibility to use broken faith (got it from Cadiro so though why not) for unholy might, but there is no real advantage over Lycosidae.
Last edited by gvidzix on Jun 16, 2017, 5:11:34 AM
Hi !

Thx for your comments ! It will certainly help a lot of people wanting to go for this build :).

I'll update the tree for v3.0, but I don't think I'll play this build again. Just keeping this thread up to date :p.
I'm working on a budget Support Scion with charge share, 2-3 curses, auras and culling. Was doing great in current version so I can't wait for scion buffs =D
Any chance to get working tree link?
Yes, please can we get new link for the build Tree, got me really interested!
Tree updated for 3.0 !

I dropped Dirty Techniques which doesn't have chance to poison and skill effect duration anymore.

Crimson Dance seems awesome for this build as we don't make ennemies moving and we attack very fast.

I also picked bloodletting which seems to be a good DPS increase.

I think I'll test this build again in the new patch as it has a evolved a lot, and the new bleed mechanics seem awesome :). But I need to try my Scion support first. I may write a guide about her too btw.
Last edited by mekor on Aug 7, 2017, 7:54:23 AM
Feel free if you have questions ;)
Last edited by mekor on Aug 10, 2017, 4:09:36 AM
I am the opinion, for HC, this tree has way too little life . . .
Honestly, Block spell is very powerfull. I don't know what map tiers you use to reach but I didn't need that much HP (I was tier 7). I'm trying the build again right know (never played it since Breach League). I'll let you know how it feels. But I'm lvl 43 and have no problem at all for now.

I try something a little different with crimson dance, lesser poison support and blood rage. So I have a little more Leech, and i hope more dps with poison / bleed.

I also dropped Daresso's courage shield. Can't wait to equip it :).
Last edited by mekor on Aug 31, 2017, 5:54:46 PM
Tried this build out for my first duelist, going pretty well. Really fun to use. War chief totem is fun to watch, and blade fury is pretty cool as well.

What do you think about getting rid of frenzy and running blood rage for frenzy charges, attack speed, and leech. then, replacing frenzy with another single target dps skill..im thinking about trying that out.

I just hit level 40 and solo leveling has been a breeze so far. Thanks for the guide!
Hi !

I think Blood Rage is a good idea yes :). I just didn't use it because I thought it was still chaos damage :).
Last edited by mekor on Nov 10, 2017, 3:45:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info