[2.6] Bat_boy's Quad/Triple Aura, pure evasion & crit Wildstrike Build(™)

Yo thanks for the video, it's good to hear you explaining things (mic is a bit low though). I guess I was just venting frustration before as I've hit another bump in the road. Partying with guildmates who are playing CI/flameblast melting the screen while I'm hacking away doing a third of the damage is kind of annoying.

I can see your DPS is massive though when your build is complete, but I'm really surprised you aren't resist capped and are running 2k life? Surely you must get one shot at certain stages, I'm not sure how it's viable to play such a low life build, eventually you will get hit by something, it's so dangerous.

Anyway I really need to get hinekora's now I can afford it but again, I don't want to lose the stats on my current neck (I need the int) and the mana regen from it. The enlighten gem is still so expensive, I guess I will just have to level one. The enlighten and having to randomly roll (or get lucky and buy) a head enchant is really going to be annoying, but I know how important it is. I don't want to run the lab forever just trying to get an enchant... :/

So I will probably keep my version tweaked with more life, filling in resists with gems. I'll keep having a play around with different things and seeing how it goes. For the most part it's fine and I can blow up mid tier maps quite easily (except for certain bosses like Purana/totem boss in Atoll, too sketchy.) I can flask around certain problems like ele weakness and vuln, but still, running into a ghosted exile or invasion/beyond boss at the wrong time is usually a rip.
"
armsinmotion wrote:
Yo thanks for the video, it's good to hear you explaining things (mic is a bit low though). I guess I was just venting frustration before as I've hit another bump in the road. Partying with guildmates who are playing CI/flameblast melting the screen while I'm hacking away doing a third of the damage is kind of annoying.

I can see your DPS is massive though when your build is complete, but I'm really surprised you aren't resist capped and are running 2k life? Surely you must get one shot at certain stages, I'm not sure how it's viable to play such a low life build, eventually you will get hit by something, it's so dangerous.

Anyway I really need to get hinekora's now I can afford it but again, I don't want to lose the stats on my current neck (I need the int) and the mana regen from it. The enlighten gem is still so expensive, I guess I will just have to level one. The enlighten and having to randomly roll (or get lucky and buy) a head enchant is really going to be annoying, but I know how important it is. I don't want to run the lab forever just trying to get an enchant... :/

So I will probably keep my version tweaked with more life, filling in resists with gems. I'll keep having a play around with different things and seeing how it goes. For the most part it's fine and I can blow up mid tier maps quite easily (except for certain bosses like Purana/totem boss in Atoll, too sketchy.) I can flask around certain problems like ele weakness and vuln, but still, running into a ghosted exile or invasion/beyond boss at the wrong time is usually a rip.

Im glad you liked the video! I will try to upload more early next week amd lower the game music so my voice is heard more clearly.

The tooltip dps you see with a subbed out 20/20 phys to lightning for an added fire can still be increased further. Once i get the added fire to 20/20 im hoping the dps goes back to how it was when I had phys to lightning subbed in pre 2.6.0 which was 257,000 dps give or take. Ill probably upload my next video when i have the 20/20 added fire gem complete. So yea, the dps is very high but there is still more to see (and get stoked for!).

Im not resist capped at the moment because ive basically done everything I needed to do on my assassin. Im just farming now so things usually die way before I would have to be worried. In other words, if i went back to serious mapping I would lower my dps, get resist capped and pick more life nodes basically. That's how I got to 90. Only way honestly.
If you are taking my current assassin setup then yea definitely you can get one shotted easily. So take my build as you did and tweak it depending on the situation.

Also, the playstyle requires you to be 100% alert as seen in the video. Which is a great thing imo! Last thing you want is to be falling asleep and bored af while facerolling content.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it thrilling to be on my feet. This build is a glass cannon. It requirez attention to detail and quick reaction times. If you succeed in meeting those requirements, you will reap its benefits which are fast clearing of mobs including those off screen, one to two shotting bosses, and most importantly, playing a FUN build, hearinv those awesome explosions go off, freeze shatters and lightning chaininv sounds.

Apologies if there are typos. In bed atm and responding from my phone.
Curly_Femboy, Level 95 Seismic/Exsang Saboteur (Scourge SC)
TakeCareOfMeDaddy, Level 97 Seismic/Exsang Saboteur (Expedition SC)
Bat_boy, Level 94 Wild Strike Assassin (Standard)
Last edited by Robin99 on Mar 16, 2017, 12:23:43 AM
Updated Main Thread with Tooltip DPS information, will post screenshots once added fire hits level 20 to show the difference between that and 20/20 phys. to lightning (which is useless for the most part now with the 100% conversion).

Tooltip DPS @ hideout self-buffed pre-2.6.0 w\ phys. to lightning support:
247,000 to 257,000 dps give or take.

Tooltip DPS @ hideout self-buffed post-2.6.0 w\ added fire support:
205,000 to 215,000 dps give or take
Hey im kinda tired so i wont make it too long.

im lvl 63 now and kinda struggling, but hope itll fix itself when i get binos.

i just noticed that the "Nullification" passive seems way better than "Sentinel", and u only need 2 points instead of 3 to get that.

Generally i think we are travelling a bit too much around the tree while getting useless 10 dex nodes.
maybe im just a noob tho.

nice build anyway.
im lvl 80 now, dmg seems very good, i can even freeze bosses. i am using "shaper's touch" gloves, they give more offense and defense than maligaros because we have so much dex.
im using blood rage for frenzy charges and orb of storms with power charge on crit for power charges (only for bosses).
i have low resists am im thinking about le heup of all, because its good with shapers touch (and cheap). i am finally using a 5 link now.
its really great that spell dodge works against elemental reflect, but when i forget my vaal grace i still die because i dont have 75% spell dodge without it.
i miss a lot of the evasion nodes but now that i have a 5 link i might get rid of some damage nodes.

the "elemental focus" node https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Focus_(passive_skill)
seems very good too, giving very good damage for 2 points and helping apply shock and freeze to bosses.
Is this viable in 3.0?
"
Philadelphia7 wrote:
im lvl 80 now, dmg seems very good, i can even freeze bosses. i am using "shaper's touch" gloves, they give more offense and defense than maligaros because we have so much dex.
im using blood rage for frenzy charges and orb of storms with power charge on crit for power charges (only for bosses).
i have low resists am im thinking about le heup of all, because its good with shapers touch (and cheap). i am finally using a 5 link now.
its really great that spell dodge works against elemental reflect, but when i forget my vaal grace i still die because i dont have 75% spell dodge without it.
i miss a lot of the evasion nodes but now that i have a 5 link i might get rid of some damage nodes.

the "elemental focus" node https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Focus_(passive_skill)
seems very good too, giving very good damage for 2 points and helping apply shock and freeze to bosses.

Im glad!
Sorry I have been away for a while. Starting to reply just mow.
"
Noxicon wrote:
Is this viable in 3.0?

It should be.
I will let you know soon!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info