[2.6] Bat_boy's Quad/Triple Aura, pure evasion & crit Wildstrike Build(™)

"
armsinmotion wrote:
Hey thanks for all of your help!

I solved mana problem by getting a better neck with 50+ regen, it's rare that I oom between packs but it doesn't take long to recover.

My resist have been capped for a while, I know how important that is, it was just while leveling I got really lazy as I was just trying to rush to end game.

The enlighten gem I will need to get asap, just too expensive to get one that is already leveled up. Picked up a vaal grace for cheap and put it with vaal lightning trap + increased duration. Put CWDT + IC + whatever curse in my other dagger. Even a split second of immortal call is enough to absorb some physical and whirl out of danger so that works. Still need to get mali's gloves and hinekoras.

Switched to using grace full time with HoA and will figure out the rest of the auras/swap to hatred depending the situation and when I get the enlighten gem. It's starting to feel a bit more comfortable using the eva/dodge playstyle as long as I'm careful.

Wondering what your thoughts are on alternate skill setups using this tree and gear? Would something like frost blades and the new threshold jewel work out well? I was always interested in that skill but never went too far into it. Or something like double strike for single target damage or DS + melee splash? That way we could activate bleed/poison with those skills, it might be interesting. What do you think about mark of the doubting knight? That dagger is cheap at the moment, has poison and bleed, resist, higher pdps but loses the crit and attack speed over binos.

Still on the way to 90 but clear speed isn't too bad...

Hey arms! I'm glad you're enjoying the playstyle. It will only get more fun the deeper you go. Literally you are going to be decimating every mob in your field of view and even offscreen once you get fully set up.

I also cannot stress how important it is to get that WS enchant. Either the damage or the chain one will do. Took me like, over 1000 runs for sure to get a WS enchant so stuck with the WS chaining instead of trying to get the damage one. So far, it's amazing. I will probably buy a cheap alpha's with WS damage and see how it goes (can't believe I haven't tried that yet) but I mean, the damage we deal is huge as it is so I think the chaining is better, since you will have more "reach" to monsters further away from you.

In regards to the auras, if you can, try to add herald of ice. It will make the WS's ice projectiles chain shatter. But at the level you are at, Grace + HoA is fine, that way you dont run into mana issues. Once you get enlighten, add Herald of Ice, then come back and let me know how more awesome wildstrike is with that. Shatter sounds are amazing to hear and spike the enjoyment of wildstrike.

In regards to what I bolded (your question about diff. skills), sure! If you find any skill similar to how wildstrike works it will work with the tree set up you have. In fact, your single target dps might go higher.

Back then (before the buff to WS and nerf to binos), mark of the doubting knight was like a stepping stone until you got binos. Now, I haven't tried out mark of the doubting knight but I can. But, i'd rather you try it yourself and let me know what your feel is about it. I remember that I didn't like the low base crit on mark which is why I just threw them in my stash and let them collect dust. But, if you find it is better, then more power to you and now you can even be apart of the guide :D, since you're contributing so much information from all the different tries you're doing.

Double strike would definitely boost your single target dps by a LOT. Also, now you don't need to worry about poison/bleed since it will be applied. However, the only thing I would change in the tree if you're going with double strike would be to drop the ele damage nodes and pick "Entropy" to increase the damage of your poison/bleeds.
Also, I'd drop the power charge line and go with the poison/bleed line as well.
See how that turns out for you and let me know.

Glad you're having fun with Wildstrike and trying out different/varying combinations. I like it when players take a build and try to modify it to their playstyle, that's what I have and will continue to advocate for!

Cheers!
Bat_boy
Curly_Femboy, Level 95 Seismic/Exsang Saboteur (Scourge SC)
TakeCareOfMeDaddy, Level 97 Seismic/Exsang Saboteur (Expedition SC)
Bat_boy, Level 94 Wild Strike Assassin (Standard)
Last edited by Robin99 on Mar 9, 2017, 1:06:31 PM
bro witch rout on the tree should you go first dagger dmg or acrobatics first....maybe you can do a level section for the tree
"
jfieger wrote:
bro witch rout on the tree should you go first dagger dmg or acrobatics first....maybe you can do a level section for the tree

Go for acrobatics/phase acrobatics first.

Start of Act 1 Cruel (End of Act 4 Normal): Level 40 with a total of 47 skill points (no bandits taken, all skill book quests completed from normal) and 2 ascendancy points:

Passive skill tree build

Start of Act 1 Merciless (End of Act 4 Cruel): Level 55 with a total of 70 skill points (no bandits taken, all skill book quests completed from Cruel) and 4 ascendancy points:

Passive skill tree build

Level 70 with 93 skill points: All merciless quests completed (no bandits taken) and 6 ascendancy points:

Passive skill tree build

Level 90 with 113 skill points (no bandits taken, all quests completed) and 8 ascendancy points:

Passive skill tree build

you are awesome bro tyvm
"
jfieger wrote:
you are awesome bro tyvm

No problem! Anytime!
Do you have any info of your offence/defence stats for this build and some gameplay videos? I'm finding it hard to play still, such low life and reliance on RNG means there are constant one shot deaths.

In mid tier maps around 7+ there are always combos that one shot me and I can't rely on RNG to save me. Map bosses like Meagara (firestorm spammer) combined with elemental weakness mod means I'm practically going to die. Same with any combos of exiles/warbands that do heavy physical damage while you have vulnerability on as a map mod, eventually something is going to hit you and 3k or 3.5k life isn't going to absorb it. So I'm at level 81 and finding it hard to progress, not sure what to do.

For a game that is balanced around massive spike damage/people who use logout macros in hardcore its frustrating to play such a squishy build, especially in melee range. I kind of just want to give up and go an OP CI build that exploits game mechanics like everyone else now.
"
armsinmotion wrote:
Do you have any info of your offence/defence stats for this build and some gameplay videos? I'm finding it hard to play still, such low life and reliance on RNG means there are constant one shot deaths.

In mid tier maps around 7+ there are always combos that one shot me and I can't rely on RNG to save me. Map bosses like Meagara (firestorm spammer) combined with elemental weakness mod means I'm practically going to die. Same with any combos of exiles/warbands that do heavy physical damage while you have vulnerability on as a map mod, eventually something is going to hit you and 3k or 3.5k life isn't going to absorb it. So I'm at level 81 and finding it hard to progress, not sure what to do.

For a game that is balanced around massive spike damage/people who use logout macros in hardcore its frustrating to play such a squishy build, especially in melee range. I kind of just want to give up and go an OP CI build that exploits game mechanics like everyone else now.

I'll try my best to get some gameplay videos up for you today. I'll complete a variety of maps up to t10 (rare) to give you a clear idea of how you're supposed to play the build. (Currently, the video I have uploaded shows a tier 5 map being cleared for the "how to" play aspect). Will update with more videos later on when I have the time of higher tier maps.

You'll be very surprised when you see my health pool (way lower than 3.5 k), but that's because once I hit 90 (like 2 years ago), I switch my hp nodes to more evasion and dps nodes.

For the second bolded and underlined part, my question would be:
Are you using appropriate flasks when you are entering maps? If there is a map with ele weakness, switch out 2 hp flasks for 2 Bismuth Flasks. If there is a map you're running with heavy physical damage or a warband/exile combo, equip 1 Basalt Flask and 1 Bismuth Flask (as there are tons of exiles and warband members that use elemental damage attacks, not just physical).

If you are still finding it hard to progress, even with those tips, then your last resort would be to take chaos inoculation.

If you go CI, let me know and I'll be able to recommend specific ES based gear so that you can still play a critical strike chance WS Assassin as CI.

Give me a few minutes to set up a video overlay (I am playing on a surface pro 3, so you'll have to excuse my resolution).

Should have videos up within the next 3 hours.
Last edited by Robin99 on Mar 14, 2017, 4:09:32 PM
"

Here you go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvfkCi_A_XM

If there are any specific offence/defence stats you're looking for let me know.

In the video you can see my main hand offensive stats (which will be the same as my off hand.
You can also see my evasion, resists, dodge %, & move speed.
Last edited by Robin99 on Mar 14, 2017, 4:30:41 PM
Link of video added to main post.
Higher Tier maps will be showcased later on.
Thank you for your patience!
Last edited by Robin99 on Mar 14, 2017, 4:33:57 PM
Video has been made public.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info