So I just realized if I do ssf...

"
Egalisator wrote:
The real "bad luck" part here is clearly not finding ANY 4-mod items good enough to yolo-exalt before/after crafting another mod.

Yea..:/ that's definitely going to be the end game thing and taken far more serious that I have ever before, which I haven't done a whole ton yet but now it's for straight up survival and the ability to progrsss in the game. Even finding all t2 rolls on something I need, and if it has five rolls? Damn right I'm using an exalt.😀
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
ladish wrote:

-8 elreon jewelry-> regal 70+ life -> master craft multiple mods.

Regal 70+ life? How many regals do you think that requires? Average?

I hate to admit it but I love doing 2x regal and chaos vend. I'll be using regals on jewels too. I'll have enough alts to get em started then add another good stat to em :D
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Haha yeah gonna turn off my super duper strict filter. My filter actually filters out over 400 uniques in addition to 99% of rares. NO MORE.

Every drop counts. Ok maybe not "every" but you know what I'm sayin

Yeeep. I'll basically be picking up all rares I can use for constant upgrades and get back out my filter for chaos and regal vending. Annnnd picking up stones and scraps...ugh
One of the first times I actually want to play self-found rather than be a trade-whore, but I really want that EK jewel
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
GooberM wrote:
One of the first times I actually want to play self-found rather than be a trade-whore, but I really want that EK jewel

I want nothing more than pizza and ek novas but....I gotta do ssf! Imagine finding said jewel while in ssf though.?!
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
SSF exalts are down to about 10 hrs per exalt now, without being efficient

If you know how to do it.

Method.

Results ongoing.

Fun fact, while exalt farming via this method, I'd gotten 18 exalts from div cards by the time an exalt actually dropped.

That's nice and all, but my point is that when playing SSF, currency behaves very differently. When you can't buy GG rares from others, Chaos/Scour/Alch become a lot more important, while Exalteds are only as valuable as the rares you find/roll.

Mind you, I did get the occasional blessing from RNGesus, most notably this thing (random drop in a pre-Atlas Chateau map):

But this already came with 5 mods, and I sure as hell wasn't gonna risk getting a crap mod on it with an exalt when I could guarantee a decent crafted mod for a pair of alchs.
I recommend the Antnee filter. It's setup with self finding in mind.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785/page/1

He has said he was leaving PoE, so I don't know if it will be updated to 2.6 or not.
exalts will be worth crap in ssf.
Well... exalting 5 mod items in SSF probably only makes sense for prefixes and even then only for ES armor and phys weapons.

A suffix crafting slot is amazing for when you find an upgrade for another slot and suddenly need a different resistance or stat for gem requirments. Or just don't need the suffix you crafted anymore and can replace it with a more directly power-boosting one.
3 mod items you might multimod if the three are all ones you want and high tier enough. In SSF you'd definitely run into situations where finding another item makes you remove crafted mods and spend the 2 exalts again (see above). Whereas normallly you'd just sell the multimodded item and buy one that fits your changed needs instead, of course.
This leaves 4 mods as the number where an exalt would be applied directly. Blocking one undesirable roll with its cheapest crafting option (and in the process also controlling if you'll exalt a prefix or a suffix if both were possible), hoping for the best, and then removing the crafted mod to replace with what you really want (unless the exalted mod was so bad that the piece won't be a gear upgrade).
SSF without replacable master suffixes would be a nightmare as you just couldn't use an amazing new item you find without suddenly getting oneshot by all enemies using a certain element. :P
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
SSF exalts are down to about 10 hrs per exalt now, without being efficient

If you know how to do it.

Method.

Results ongoing.

Fun fact, while exalt farming via this method, I'd gotten 18 exalts from div cards by the time an exalt actually dropped.

That's nice and all, but my point is that when playing SSF, currency behaves very differently. When you can't buy GG rares from others, Chaos/Scour/Alch become a lot more important, while Exalteds are only as valuable as the rares you find/roll.

Mind you, I did get the occasional blessing from RNGesus, most notably this thing (random drop in a pre-Atlas Chateau map):

But this already came with 5 mods, and I sure as hell wasn't gonna risk getting a crap mod on it with an exalt when I could guarantee a decent crafted mod for a pair of alchs.

That's the next step in all this is once I do find an armor or two handed with stats ready to keep....then it's time for socketing/linking rng and since fusing orbs are also not all that common while six linking something is ultra rare, safe to say I won't have a six link this league :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info