Socketing and Linking Odds

I can't find any good information on this. Is there a calculator similar to the chtomatic one? I have a pair of boots that I want to 4S4L.
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2017, 3:07:50 PM
First, check the Item Level of the piece of gear you're trying to modify to see if they are even eligible to be 4 socketed.

1 Socket - iLvl 1
2 Sockets - iLvl 1
3 Sockets - iLvl 2
4 Sockets - iLvl 25
5 Sockets - iLvl 35
6 Sockets - iLvl 50

Then you just play with links. It's purely based on luck. If you want a "basis", Vorici forces links and sockets for a flat number of Fusings and Jewellers, which most people consider the "Average" odds.

Two Sockets - 1× Jeweller's Orb
Three Sockets - 3× Jeweller's Orb
Four Sockets - 10× Jeweller's Orb
Five Sockets - 70× Jeweller's Orb
Six Sockets - 350× Jeweller's Orb
Two Linked Sockets - 1× Orb of Fusing
Three Linked Sockets - 3× Orb of Fusing
Four Linked Sockets - 5× Orb of Fusing
Five Linked Sockets - 150× Orb of Fusing
Six Linked Sockets - 1500× Orb of Fusing

4S4L is very easy to get. I get those constantly within 10 Jewellers and 7 Fusings on average per individual item. I've got 4S4L in 1 Jeweller and 1 Fusing before. It's purely based on luck.
Last edited by Sentilial on Feb 22, 2017, 1:27:34 PM
"
Sentilial wrote:

Then you just play with links. It's purely based on luck. If you want a "basis", Vorici forces links and sockets for a flat number of Fusings and Jewellers, which most people consider the "Average" odds.

well it has been said by devs before Vorici was introduced that Vorici costs are slightly higher than the odds (otherwise, it would not be worth to use fuses manually in long run). And it was before the odds started to be affected by item quality.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Adding some quality (armourer's scraps) will increase your odds of rolling more sockets and links.
U MAD?
I think the community tends to agree average 6L is around 1200.

I personally much prefer Vorici for 4Ls because the rage from spending 25 fuses with no 4L far outweighs the possible pleasure from 4L in 4 fuses or fewer. Guaranteed 4L with 5 fuses is just a really good deal considering it means you are certain you will never experience the rage of being an outlier.

It's pretty much the same basic economic motivation behind insurance companies. Sure, you don't really think you're gonna get into a car crash, but you'd prefer to be compensated if you did.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Feb 22, 2017, 7:33:06 PM
For 4S or 4L, I start off manually, but if I don't get a result from however many orbs it would have taken to do it via Vorici, I cut my losses and do Vorici instead.

For 6S, I might try a few manually, but I generally go straight to Vorici. 350 jeweller's isn't that much if you take a little time to sell rares for alts and do Elreon dailies.

My first ever 6L was a manual job (I didn't even have 1.5k fusings at the time) and it was ludicrously lucky, but I haven't really tried to make a 6L since. I aim for 5L skills, but before I try to 5L something, I use up to 100 fusings manually. If I get a 5L with those, I stop, if not, I use Vorici to get a 5L for 150. So worst case is I got a 5L for 250, best case is I got a 6L for <100, and there's a fair chance I'll get a 5L in <100 as well.
Last season I 6S6L'd my Carcass Jack in exactly 289 Jewellers and 79 Fusings.

And as of 1 hr and 2 minutes ago from this post, I just 6L a Quill Rain in 37 Fusings.

:D

Sheer Luck.
"
adghar wrote:

I personally much prefer Vorici for 4Ls because the rage from spending 25 fuses with no 4L far outweighs the possible pleasure from 4L in 4 fuses or fewer. Guaranteed 4L with 5 fuses is just a really good deal considering it means you are certain you will never experience the rage of being an outlier.

on 4S4L I always do it manually, it is cheaper in long run, and unlike 6L, the cost is low enough to actually experience "long run" during the league:)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Some experimental statistics:

Femurs of the Saints 6S5L in 174J 140F
Carnal Armour 6S5L in 22J 47F
Vaal Regalia 6S5L in 94J 91F (before this I spent 170F failing to 5L an Infernal Mantle)
Whispering Ice 6S in 46J (linking not needed)
Vaal Regalia 6S5L in 211J 184F
Whispering Ice 6S in 114J
Reach of the Council 6S5L in 49J 148F

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info