Legacy League Relics

"
you’ll need to vigilantly pray to RNGesus

Can we have a Kuduku mtx for our hideout? I need quick access to a house altar; traveling to ledge is so anti-meta.

Btw please make chicken mtx killable. I don't want to be punished by Kuduku with multiple legacy ungil's gauche drops because of improper offerings.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
NO KAOM HEART PLEASE NO KAOM HEART PLEASE!!!

Now look at this little chinese flipper, probably sitting on a bunch of legacy kaoms and shuddering in his sleep thinking of the Legacy league :)

I sincerely HOPE there will be 1k hp Kaoms too in the Legacy league, and that they'll drop often and a lot, to flood the market (it would be interesting to see if the meta would shift away from the ES, given enough relatively affordable Kaom armors in the temp league).

The RMT business in ST has been going on for way too long, I hope GGG will cripple it (because lets face it, destroying it is probably not possible) in one big go by allowing buttloads of legacy items to drop in the new temp league.

MAKE LIFE BUILDS GREAT AGAIN! (or just let many of kaom 1k's drop, thanks!)

Fajne
Legacy Voidheart? Pretty please?
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Tarttycat wrote:
Legacy Cloak of defiance...

fun fact: legacy CoD is far riskier to use than new one.

i guess that total of maybe 10 players made a fully functional MoM build that would actually BENEFIT from old CoD

you see - most of people that tried MoM used regen/leech to replenish mana. and it worked like that: first hit gets mitigated, second eats remaining mana and is only slightly mitigated, third one makes player OutOfMana and deals full damage, fourth kills him

legacy CoD just killed him with third hit instead

MoM characters (proper ones, not the MoM/EB/ZO idiocy some streamers made popular and people copied it..) can achieve CONSTANT and RELIABLE 30% damage reduction (up to around 43% - in the most extremal and expensive setup). legacy CoD (have few of these) is fun collectors item but it is actually dangerous if one doesnt know what to do to make MoM work. most players - do not know that

so each time i see it brought up in this way i know that what some are missing is not the item but knowledge of its application

Permanent ZO is bad, the best ways to do this now are with the flask that gives you ZO (so that you are not 100% with no life regen) or leech and ghost reaver.

I haven't tried the pure mana version with mana regen, I guess this will resemble the old meta the best (I did do an experiment with legacy vinktar and pure mana but it wasn't that successful). The main problem though is, to get so much mana so that you can make legacy COD work now you will have to make a tremendous investment on Mana. This means that you will be sacrificing damage or life.

In the past you just got ES gear and EB and you could easily reach 3.5k mana. You did have to invest in mana regen on the tree but still if you got good gear you could have some good result. Furthermore when COD was BiS you could also use legacy Arctic Armour (which you could also buff further with the old buff nodes). I think the new players will never get to taste the days where CoD was OP even if they get to use the legacy CoD.

I think the pure mana variant is not going to be worth it now. You will have to use ES and EB and find a good way to have a lot of ES recovery, without sacrificing life regen.
"
pegleggregx wrote:
i hope so
"
RestlnPeace wrote:
"
pegleggregx wrote:
i hope so

It probably wont happen since voidheart is a prophecy created unique. Prophecy created uniques dont drop.
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
"
phmn wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Tarttycat wrote:
Legacy Cloak of defiance...

fun fact: legacy CoD is far riskier to use than new one.

i guess that total of maybe 10 players made a fully functional MoM build that would actually BENEFIT from old CoD

you see - most of people that tried MoM used regen/leech to replenish mana. and it worked like that: first hit gets mitigated, second eats remaining mana and is only slightly mitigated, third one makes player OutOfMana and deals full damage, fourth kills him

legacy CoD just killed him with third hit instead

MoM characters (proper ones, not the MoM/EB/ZO idiocy some streamers made popular and people copied it..) can achieve CONSTANT and RELIABLE 30% damage reduction (up to around 43% - in the most extremal and expensive setup). legacy CoD (have few of these) is fun collectors item but it is actually dangerous if one doesnt know what to do to make MoM work. most players - do not know that

so each time i see it brought up in this way i know that what some are missing is not the item but knowledge of its application

Permanent ZO is bad, the best ways to do this now are with the flask that gives you ZO (so that you are not 100% with no life regen) or leech and ghost reaver.

I haven't tried the pure mana version with mana regen, I guess this will resemble the old meta the best (I did do an experiment with legacy vinktar and pure mana but it wasn't that successful). The main problem though is, to get so much mana so that you can make legacy COD work now you will have to make a tremendous investment on Mana. This means that you will be sacrificing damage or life.

In the past you just got ES gear and EB and you could easily reach 3.5k mana. You did have to invest in mana regen on the tree but still if you got good gear you could have some good result. Furthermore when COD was BiS you could also use legacy Arctic Armour (which you could also buff further with the old buff nodes). I think the new players will never get to taste the days where CoD was OP even if they get to use the legacy CoD.

I think the pure mana variant is not going to be worth it now. You will have to use ES and EB and find a good way to have a lot of ES recovery, without sacrificing life regen.

this is precisely what i did talk about. this is NOT the way MoM works. there are just handful of players that do know. but they are here and the prices of items needed to make it work show me without a doubt that they do know just how strong well-built MoM is. fortify plus 40% damage reduction (flat, constant, all the time except for VERY big hits) is nuts. and you wont get that with EB/ZO trap
"
Fifth2301 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
NO KAOM HEART PLEASE NO KAOM HEART PLEASE!!!

Now look at this little chinese flipper, probably sitting on a bunch of legacy kaoms and shuddering in his sleep thinking of the Legacy league :)

I sincerely HOPE there will be 1k hp Kaoms too in the Legacy league, and that they'll drop often and a lot, to flood the market (it would be interesting to see if the meta would shift away from the ES, given enough relatively affordable Kaom armors in the temp league).

The RMT business in ST has been going on for way too long, I hope GGG will cripple it (because lets face it, destroying it is probably not possible) in one big go by allowing buttloads of legacy items to drop in the new temp league.

MAKE LIFE BUILDS GREAT AGAIN! (or just let many of kaom 1k's drop, thanks!)

Hahaha, i completely agree. Kaom's does have a "legacy" version so it should be in the drop table for the league. To be fair though i am more interested in legacy Vinktars than anything but to have a relic legacy Kaoms would be great too :D
Finally!!!
The +2 Shiver dream!!!

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info