The Legacy Challenge League is set to begin in nine days! In our announcement, we mentioned that players may find a special item that allows them to travel to a new area: the Ancient Reliquary. Today's news post expands on how the Reliquary works and what kind of items you might be lucky enough to find there!
Throughout the game, the key has a low chance to drop. When put into your Map Device, it opens a portal into the Ancient Reliquary. Once inside, you'll find a large chest that contains a Relic; a special version of a Unique item with its original balance values intact. These items also come with a border that differs to normal uniques to signify that they are Relics!

In some cases, Relics may not have better values than their current form. However, in many of these cases you will be able to use a Divine Orb to reroll its mod values to match its current values, while keeping the unique Relic border.
In the same vein, using a Divine Orb on Relics that are in their pre-nerf state will make them worse. Therefore, in order to get a well-rolled Relic, you’ll need to vigilantly pray to RNGesus for that lucky drop! Unique items that had their values reduced with past balance changes will cause a Divine Orb to roll the mod down to its current values.
Finally, some Relics underwent such massive changes that using a Divine Orb will only roll mods within its current range. In these cases, this is the result of the item having undergone a significant change, such as a change to its base type.
Many of these Relics represent Path of Exile’s history and a number of iconic Unique items from different time periods and metagames will be present. Even if these items do not dominate the current metagame any longer, the nostalgia of some of these items should be exciting for some to see!
Of course, there are some Relics that are going to be powerful no matter what. Despite being rare, perhaps there are players who would like to collect them.
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
First!

Edit: GJ GGG! Cannot wait for legacy league! 3/3
Last edited by jutomo on Feb 21, 2017, 11:18:51 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaahhhhh
ohhh
HYPE HYPE HYPE
nice
I am betting there will be so many I wont see...
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
legacy kaom's confirmed?
Last edited by kripdiggler on Feb 21, 2017, 11:21:28 PM
Cool
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info