Playing game through Steam?

Hi.

I have been playing Path of Exile since I believe July of 2012, and have not been using steam. I want to add to steam. I have been using "Add non-steam game to library" but it doesn't do achievements or anything like that.

Can I just move the PoE File Directory to steamapps/common and it work? Thanks.
~ Seph
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2017, 5:33:43 AM
You would have to install the game through Steam.

You would also need to link your PoE account to your Steam account.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Ok thanks.

A friend of mine said it will delete my account, is that true? I will lose everything...?
~ Seph
People "lose everything" when they don't understand what account linking does and do it when they shouldn't. When this happens, support can reverse the process for them.

Account linking is for if you have a Path of Exile account, don't play through Steam, and wish to start using Steam. It tells GGG that your Steam account will be used to access your Path of Exile account. Unless I've read your thread wrong - if so, I apologize - this is what you want.

So how do people "lose everything"? Sometimes people are playing the game through Steam already, and they create a new Path of Exile account on the website to log into the website with. Y'know. Instead of using that big green Sign In Through STEAM button on the log in page.

So these people are using their "forum account" and want to show people their characters. They decide to link the accounts. What happens here is that their Steam account is linked to their "forum account", rendering their previous account inaccessible. And then panic ensues.

tl;dr: Your characters, achievements, challenges, MTX, etc. are all perfectly safe.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info