Need choices at uber helm enchants

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Game isn't balanced for SSF. Sell helm enchants, if you decide to run a bunch of labs trying to get a specific one. You will come out WAY ahead in terms of profit. In fact, you will be able to buy whatever enchant you want...

Not true. Only meta are readily available I dont play meta (usually usless i'm making it). Thus I need specific ones.

Like I said find me a scold bittle with 30% lightning warp less duration. You won't. Online or offline in any ladder.

Exactly. And this is a huge problem imho. Which is another reason I suggest making those enchants into tradeable orbs :D

Also as a sidenote even if they gave us 4-5 different enchants to choose from, from each lab run it would still be a pretty hardcore grind to find a specific enchant which just goes to show how absurd the current system is.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 22, 2017, 5:24:10 AM
I made a thread about this, would have to look it up though.

My suggestion was simple.

Every lab run unlocks an enchant, that enchant is then added to a list of successfully unlocked enchants.

If you use your "unlocked enchants list" to add an enchant to a helmet, you forfeit the additional enchant unlock from your list.

Like this, a person would be required to run at most 300 ubber labs to eventually get the enchant he wants. This preserves RNG and grind while still providing the feeling of "working towards a goal".

I don't consider 300 ubber lab runs a "small grind" and i think this system would be worth it.(list would be reset on every new league)
It would also reward people that do a lot of ubber lab, since they could make a thread with their "unlocked enchants list" and have people give them helmets to enchant at a fee.(market stimulation even for non-meta enchants etc)

The overall prices of helmet enchants would most likely go down, but the experience would be less brutal and more "fun" overall.(since every "failed" run would actually mean a move forward in the right direction)

People need to consider, that in the future with every new skill released an additional 3 helmet enchants will be added, so this enchant list will only become more bloated as the game moves forward.
Which is why i think a way to gradually unlock them all is a smart move.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
I made a thread about this, would have to look it up though.

My suggestion was simple.

Every lab run unlocks an enchant, that enchant is then added to a list of successfully unlocked enchants.

If you use your "unlocked enchants list" to add an enchant to a helmet, you forfeit the additional enchant unlock from your list.

Like this, a person would be required to run at most 300 ubber labs to eventually get the enchant he wants. This preserves RNG and grind while still providing the feeling of "working towards a goal".

I don't consider 300 ubber lab runs a "small grind" and i think this system would be worth it.(list would be reset on every new league)
It would also reward people that do a lot of ubber lab, since they could make a thread with their "unlocked enchants list" and have people give them helmets to enchant at a fee.(market stimulation even for non-meta enchants etc)

The overall prices of helmet enchants would most likely go down, but the experience would be less brutal and more "fun" overall.(since every "failed" run would actually mean a move forward in the right direction)

People need to consider, that in the future with every new skill released an additional 3 helmet enchants will be added, so this enchant list will only become more bloated as the game moves forward.
Which is why i think a way to gradually unlock them all is a smart move.

Peace,

-Boem-

I also like this idea. It is a step away from trade which is an important part of this game though but I could live with it :) This system has huge benefits and is much better than the current one in so many ways :)
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Yes, you might have a hard time finding a Frost Bomb enchant on a specific base you want... But I bet there are other enchants your build would benefit from also.

Finally a non-meta helm enchants gated behind a TRIPLE random.

1. You need a specific one. It's around 0.3% per try to get that you need.

2. You need a specific base type (or unique). Because you did not want ES helm if you build is life based or you need more armor instead of evasion.

3. And you need a somebody, who want to sell it, instead of re-roll a new enchant in hope that it be a better for trade or in hope that it be for his build.

So do a moderate benefit from enchants worth that? No. Just forget of that option and move on.

P.S.: I personally get a proper enchant only once in Perandus league. And merciless lab does not require specific key to enter.

I don't enchant off meta items because people are not willing to pay what it's worth to do it. If let's say 10% of enchants on a hubris circlet are valuable (40c+ let's say) but only 1% are valuable on the armour base then you need to be willing to pay 10x more or it's not worth the effort to try to cater to you. Since nobody wants to pay a reasonable price for these things nobody bothers, for the most part.
I like the idea of the enchant going on an orb to use on a particular item, the current implementation has a few too many RNG stacks (get the helm enchant, has to be the right enchant, then preferably has to be a base type that isn't too trollolol)

I certainly vouch that people trade for non-meta ones at least I buy one for just about every character I run and i'm hipster enough that i won't play meta builds, so power charge on ice spear it is.
Yeah I like the whole unlocking enchants thing. It's so much more satisfying to progress like that than to have RNG gods or trade determine everything.

But you'd still need 300+ offerings which is a problem.

Level 95 in breach and not more than 60 offerings. So basically level 100+ equivalent - it's not achievable for 99.9% of players in a temp league.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Vhlad wrote:
Yeah I like the whole unlocking enchants thing. It's so much more satisfying to progress like that than to have RNG gods or trade determine everything.

But you'd still need 300+ offerings which is a problem.

Level 95 in breach and not more than 60 offerings. So basically level 100+ equivalent - it's not achievable for 99.9% of players in a temp league.

Well in my proposed system, that would net you 60/300 enchants unlocked.

So you might not get specifically what you are looking for, but you might unlock a favorable aura cost reduction or curse effect etc to aid you in the mean time until you do unlock that one you desire.

And if your not playing SSF, it's entirely possible to have unlocked enchants other people are looking for which you can then offer on the market or potentially trade 1:1 with somebody that has your desired enchant unlocked etc.

I simply think the current model does not give a satisfying player-experience and actually deters from the actual grind.

It's basically a crap-shoot to get 1/300 or land a successful meta enchant on the appropriate helmet.

Sucks to be that guy that's not playing meta in the current implementation of enchants.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Orb is not a good idea but being able to choose one out of two glove enchants, 1 out of 2 boot enchants and 1 out of 4 helmet enchants would make things a lot more appealing.
Why stop at helm? I buy my boot enchants from other players too.
"
Why stop at helm? I buy my boot enchants from other players too.

For boots and gloves, you have realistic chances to get enchant you need yourself. But if you need a helm enchant, and (god forbid) you need an unpopular enchant on unpopular base, for your non-meta build then you're literally fucked up, because you NEVER WILL GET IT, NEVER!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info