Need choices at uber helm enchants

Odds are like 300:1 to get right enchant. Sure you could buy which I usually do but sometimes none exists. over 300 uber labs for enchant you want is ridiculous so I propose like 5 choice one being enchant you already got..

That would only lower odds to like 75:1 still bad but enough RNG for GGG

Anyway I want a scolds bit with 30% reduced lightning warp duration if anyone has. Will pay 2ex any league.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 21, 2017, 8:13:11 PM
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2017, 5:55:28 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I dislike this because it hurts my profits

lul
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I like it. Works for me.
I really like the crafting system, farming system and map-rolling system in this game. I am not opposed to RNG at all. However I completely agree with the OP. The helmet enchant is just too much. It feels completely pointless to even aim at farming for these enchants. I am not sure if the proposed idea with 5 rolls and choosing one is the right way to go about it but I really dislike the current system.

Personally I would prefer if they made all lab enchants on gloves, boots and helmet from all difficulties tradeable orbs. So for instance you would buy / find an orb of "Increase Rain of Arrows radius by 12%" that you could apply to your helmet (if that was the kind of enchant you wanted).

Also the people who farm labyrinth would still be able to make a decent profit this way. Sure prices would fall a bit but there would still be plenty of room to make a decent profit.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 21, 2017, 9:30:59 PM
The helmet grind is absurd.

You can't even get 300+ offerings to grind uber lab to find the enchant you want yourself. This is 100% gated behind trade.

I'd like to chain Chris Wilson up in a Dungeon and force him to grind a specific helmet enchant SSF and then see if he still thinks its fine.

Level 95 in breach and I didn't find even 100 offerings so Chris will be in that dungeon for a year. By the time he gets the enchant he wants he won't even be using that skill anymore. Heck he won't even be using the same helm.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Feb 21, 2017, 9:40:32 PM
Game isn't balanced for SSF. Sell helm enchants, if you decide to run a bunch of labs trying to get a specific one. You will come out WAY ahead in terms of profit. In fact, you will be able to buy whatever enchant you want...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Game isn't balanced for SSF. Sell helm enchants, if you decide to run a bunch of labs trying to get a specific one. You will come out WAY ahead in terms of profit. In fact, you will be able to buy whatever enchant you want...

This actually isn't entirely true because people only sell helmets that are in the meta. I don't have access to buy the helmet I need with the enchant I want.

Of course the game isn't balanced around SSF.. but it doesn't make it a good system because of that. Many ideas have gone around about enchants and how they can be improved for the game. The current system only gets worse with each passing update to the game. 1/300ish when the lab came out.. now like 1/320.. 3.0 might realize more skill gems.. 1/335.. and so forth. (I don't know the exact amount of skill enchants)

There are better ways for this enchant system to work and make it feel like its something you can work towards, not something that magically appears on a website. Enchants could be a bigger part of your character creation concept rather then a small bonus that you ~might~ get later on.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

This actually isn't entirely true because people only sell helmets that are in the meta. I don't have access to buy the helmet I need with the enchant I want.

Of course the game isn't balanced around SSF.. but it doesn't make it a good system because of that. Many ideas have gone around about enchants and how they can be improved for the game. The current system only gets worse with each passing update to the game. 1/300ish when the lab came out.. now like 1/320.. 3.0 might realize more skill gems.. 1/335.. and so forth. (I don't know the exact amount of skill enchants)

There are better ways for this enchant system to work and make it feel like its something you can work towards, not something that magically appears on a website. Enchants could be a bigger part of your character creation concept rather then a small bonus that you ~might~ get later on.

But with a few specific exceptions, this is all they are....

Also, people most definitely DO sell enchants other than the "super meta" whatever. Yes, you might have a hard time finding a Frost Bomb enchant on a specific base you want... But I bet there are other enchants your build would benefit from also.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Yes, you might have a hard time finding a Frost Bomb enchant on a specific base you want... But I bet there are other enchants your build would benefit from also.

Finally a non-meta helm enchants gated behind a TRIPLE random.

1. You need a specific one. It's around 0.3% per try to get that you need.

2. You need a specific base type (or unique). Because you did not want ES helm if you build is life based or you need more armor instead of evasion.

3. And you need a somebody, who want to sell it, instead of re-roll a new enchant in hope that it be a better for trade or in hope that it be for his build.

So do a moderate benefit from enchants worth that? No. Just forget of that option and move on.

P.S.: I personally get a proper enchant only once in Perandus league. And merciless lab does not require specific key to enter.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Not true. Only meta are readily available I dont play meta (usually usless i'm making it). Thus I need specific ones.

Like I said find me a scold bittle with 30% lightning warp less duration. You won't. Online or offline in any ladder.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 22, 2017, 3:57:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info