The RNG is bad?

This is something that has irked me for a while.
I don't mean that the random aspect of the game's many mechanics is bad, but whatever pseudo-random-number-generator GGG uses feels strangely weighted.

I don't know what they feed it as input data, but sometimes I suspect they somehow mold it to character. Biased example: My Juggernaut is immune to temporal chains and chilled ground. Guess which rolls I have encountered almost never compared to their counterparts.

But then there are the weird islands of stability (to borrow a term). I am aware this may just be confirmation bias, but sometimes it seems some aspects become entirely too regular for a day.

Examples: Like many I am often sad about not encountering chayula breaches. But I've noticed (again, possible memory trickery due to confirmation bias) that chayula breaches seem to appear in clusters. I've had days when I rarely even saw an uul-netol or even a xop, just a cavalcade of esh and tul. Then on some days (like 2 or 3 days ago) suddenly every second to third breach is chayula and I rack up 50 splinters in an hour.

Same happens with mapmods i feel.

The problem is that my own experience is not enough to figure out if this clustering actually appears or is just my memory playing tricks on me, as in the grand data-accumulation the chances for things come out the same in statistics.
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 7:41:31 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Reozul wrote:
may just be confirmation bias

Funny: every time someone discusses RNG this is the answer. So, am I also a victim of confirmation bias? ;)

Seriously though, yeah. I think we all have these funny streaks and weird coincidences. It tends to even out over time. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info