Trading in-game currencies and goods for some store items with GGG assistance

"
Uranist wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:
You mentioned the word 'gift'. A gift is something you give without expecting anything in return. You've made it very clear you are neither offering someone nor expecting to receive a gift.

You make a gift(for him). He makes a gift(for you). It is common rule of human relationship. It is psychology.
So gift him some items and let him gift you some cash to buy stash tabs with. Same thing, right? I'm sure GGG will gladly take the cash before they ban both of you.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Uranist wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:
You mentioned the word 'gift'. A gift is something you give without expecting anything in return. You've made it very clear you are neither offering someone nor expecting to receive a gift.

You make a gift(for him). He makes a gift(for you). It is common rule of human relationship. It is psychology.
So gift him some items and let him gift you some cash to buy stash tabs with. Same thing, right? I'm sure GGG will gladly take the cash before they ban both of you.

The best of it is that we have already had someone try the "it's a gift" thing and he was perma banned.

@OP and whoever else thinks it's a good idea, stop arguing about it, there is no discussion to be had it's against the ToS and GGG won't help you do it, end of story.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Good god the mental gymnastics OP goes through.

Now I know why /r/The_Donald is such an aggressively strong and annoying presence on the front page...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Uranist wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:

Didn't know US capitalism and NZ capitalism are different.

Ok. But still cannot understand the reason why this system cannot be implemented to PoE.
Another example. I have a friend. I am trying to help him to make 40 achievements, providing sealed prophecies and maps. I gave him many.

Sum in not small. Is it really against the rules? It is my time. And I decided to help him.
He is running uber lab with my offerings.

But I have enough goods to help him.

"
Real Money/External Trading

Buying and selling items or accounts for real money or external currencies (such as Forum Gold) is not allowed and we will ban people who attempt to engage in it in-game or on the pathofexile.com forums.

The following things are examples of behaviour that could get you banned under this rule:
Posting a trade thread where you ask for things other than Path of Exile items in exchange for your gear.
Offering people money or external currencies in exchange for their Path of Exile items or accounts.
Advertising external item sales sites. It's best to avoid mentioning them by name.
Running a service where you sell items or accounts to people for things other than Path of Exile items.

Didn't find my situation in these rules.
Last edited by Uranist on Feb 21, 2017, 10:44:52 PM
This dude must be a troll....
There is just no way someone can be this.....<no words to describe>

Then again,russians are really good at justifying almost anything. So you might as well give a shot to deepweb and see if you can get your paws on jacked cards randoms post publicly just because they can,and if you get caught,you can jusy say ''Wasn't me,the numbers were here - figured it's free money for everyone!''
No rest for the wicked.
Last edited by Daiena on Feb 21, 2017, 10:56:05 PM
"
Uranist wrote:
Another example. I have a friend. I am trying to help him to make 40 achievements, providing sealed prophecies and maps. I gave him many.

Sum in not small. Is it really against the rules? It is my time. And I decided to help him.

"

Buying and selling items or accounts for real money or external currencies (such as Forum Gold) is not allowed and we will ban people who attempt to engage in it in-game or on the pathofexile.com forums.

The following things are examples of behaviour that could get you banned under this rule:
Posting a trade thread where you ask for things other than Path of Exile items in exchange for your gear.
Offering people money or external currencies in exchange for their Path of Exile items or accounts.
Advertising external item sales sites. It's best to avoid mentioning them by name.
Running a service where you sell items or accounts to people for things other than Path of Exile items.

Handing your items in game over to a friend to get his challenges, absolutely no problem.

Expecting real world payment "for your time" absolutely rmt. And yes, the bolded part does fit your scenario. The glorious thing about RMT definition at its simplest is that it is real world money in exchange for in game items that are not officiated by the game company, and even if it is officiated, only the types the company officiates is allowed. In PoE's case, no forms of RMT are allowed.

You can play verbal hopscotch all you want. There is no justification for trading another player in game items for real money or vice versa in this game. The very fact you defend it as something allowable should already make your 40 challenges accomplished with a month old account suspicious as fuck!
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Feb 21, 2017, 11:01:45 PM
"
"
Uranist wrote:

"

Handing your items in game over to a friend to get his challenges, absolutely no problem.

Expecting real world payment "for your time" absolutely rmt. And yes, the bolded part does fit your scenario. The glorious thing about RMT definition at its simplest is that it is real world money in exchange for in game items that are not officiated by the game company, and even if it is officiated, only the types the company officiates is allowed. In PoE's case, no forms of RMT are allowed.

You can play verbal hopscotch all you want. There is no justification for trading another player in game items for real money or vice versa in this game. The very fact you defend it as something allowable should already make your 40 challenges accomplished with a month old account suspicious as fuck!

Clearly an RMT'r or something. The account just smells of it. 1 month old account,first league ever,40 challenges straight away,only 9 posts ever made,all on this single one topic he him self created. Apparently already has more than enough stuff and knowledge farmed up to supply uber lab and random high/top tier maps to his ''friends'' just because he is a nice unicum player.
No rest for the wicked.
The good news is that OP has probably put the spotlight squarely on himself so that if he engages in any activity that is bannable... it will be preeeeety hard to miss. Also, I also find it interesting that the account is only a month old. Hmm...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
The good news is that OP has probably put the spotlight squarely on himself so that if he engages in any activity that is bannable... it will be preeeeety hard to miss. Also, I also find it interesting that the account is only a month old. Hmm...

As soon as I actually thought to check his profile, considering a 40 chall advocating RMT seemed super fishy, I automatically thought that they probably already got caught flat our RMTing in the past, started a new account or had this one in back stock with items and crap, and is now trying to figure out how to not get caught/ somehow legalize its existence before they get caught again.

Regardless a 40 challenges, month old account advocating RMT is just wrong even if this account is clean.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info