I want to love POE... please let me be a filthy casual.

For a guy that doesn't have enough time to play this game you sure do have a lot of time trolling these forums =)
"
KAJed wrote:
I... hate a lot? The only thing this post has been about has been a reset and that's it. How exactly do I hate a LOT? I hate... not being able to respec? Ok. One thing... let's find another..... nope nothing.

Literally everything else about the game I have praised, and will continue to do so. Despite my dislike of this design choice I still push POE constantly because I want it to continue to be successful.

If that is indeed the case you should have stopped posting after the first reply to your thread since people there explained to you how to mitigate the "one" thing you hate about the game. So you are posting here still why?

"
Frankenberry wrote:
For a guy that doesn't have enough time to play this game you sure do have a lot of time trolling these forums =)

IKR...
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Feb 21, 2017, 4:59:37 PM
You keep using this word: minority. My argument is that the only reason this is a minority is because they have been chased out.

Also, the argument of rerouting resources isn't really the issue at hand. There are minimal resources required to actually get said league up and running without concern for any issues.

However, to mitigate some of the potential issues there is definitely some thought to be put in to it, so I retract my original statement that there would be no development cost involved.

"
Xtorma wrote:
"
KAJed wrote:
So far the valid reasons I've seen pop-up:

1- Potential for reduced retention (though possible there would be more players... less likely with the maturity of the game)
2- Broken leagues because when new content launches you can test your builds in baby-land

I think 2 is a super valid point and would require either delaying content to the casual league...or something to prevent people from doing that.

Again, I really don't want the game to suffer. Nor do I want my way to be the only way. I absolutely understand that people want to play it the way it has been designed.

But you are asking the game to suffer by rerouting resources to create and maintain a new league. I don't see how this can not be a valid concern when this is completely unnecessary. This is a quality of life change for a minority of players with an unknown associated cost.
Today? Yes! You're right... but I'm not at home. Builds are slow.

"
Frankenberry wrote:
So... because I'm still posting about one thing I hate all the things? Interesting logic.

"
"
KAJed wrote:
I... hate a lot? The only thing this post has been about has been a reset and that's it. How exactly do I hate a LOT? I hate... not being able to respec? Ok. One thing... let's find another..... nope nothing.

Literally everything else about the game I have praised, and will continue to do so. Despite my dislike of this design choice I still push POE constantly because I want it to continue to be successful.

If that is indeed the case you should have stopped posting after the first reply to your thread since people there explained to you how to mitigate the "one" thing you hate about the game. So you are posting here still why?

"
Frankenberry wrote:

IKR...
"
KAJed wrote:
So... because I'm still posting about one thing I hate all the things? Interesting logic.

"
"
KAJed wrote:

"
Frankenberry wrote:

IKR...

Well if you didn't hate most of the things that make the ARPG genre what it is then you wouldn't have made this thread in the first place...mind blown!

Also your comments are littered with references to how you hate every aspect of character creation and design, trade, human interaction, since there is little to no mechanical skill involved in playing the game those literally ARE the game.
"
KAJed wrote:
You keep using this word: minority. My argument is that the only reason this is a minority is because they have been chased out.

Also, the argument of rerouting resources isn't really the issue at hand. There are minimal resources required to actually get said league up and running without concern for any issues.

However, to mitigate some of the potential issues there is definitely some thought to be put in to it, so I retract my original statement that there would be no development cost involved.

"
Xtorma wrote:
"
KAJed wrote:
So far the valid reasons I've seen pop-up:

1- Potential for reduced retention (though possible there would be more players... less likely with the maturity of the game)
2- Broken leagues because when new content launches you can test your builds in baby-land

I think 2 is a super valid point and would require either delaying content to the casual league...or something to prevent people from doing that.

Again, I really don't want the game to suffer. Nor do I want my way to be the only way. I absolutely understand that people want to play it the way it has been designed.

But you are asking the game to suffer by rerouting resources to create and maintain a new league. I don't see how this can not be a valid concern when this is completely unnecessary. This is a quality of life change for a minority of players with an unknown associated cost.

I am interested to hear how you would accomplish this with minimal expenditure. Assuming of course that your definition of minimal is the same as GGG's. As I stated before, what you are asking for here is essentially a quality of life change ( you don't want to have to plan your builds) to a game you have admitted to loving every other aspect of. wouldn't it be easier to everyone concerned if you just played the game the way it was designed and planed out your builds ahead of time like everyone else does?
What? you're literally inventing things I've said now. When have I said I hate character creation? Or Human interaction? My comments about trading were pro-human. As in removing that aspect would be bad.

You don't make any sense man. You're trying to turn this in to something it isn't to try to prove a point... what the hell man? Disliking one aspect of this one game doesn't make me hate the ARPG genre. Nor does it mean I hate POE. I love POE, this one thing bothers me and creates a barrier for me continuing to play casually.

"

Well if you didn't hate most of the things that make the ARPG genre what it is then you wouldn't have made this thread in the first place...mind blown!

Also your comments are littered with references to how you hate every aspect of character creation and design, trade, human interaction, since there is little to no mechanical skill involved in playing the game those literally ARE the game.
I actually would love to plan my builds. This isn't really about putting points in willy nilly. It's about not being penalized when I make the WRONG choice.

Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm not, but there is no amount of arguing that will make me think this change would not be a positive. There are a few things up in the air as I've mentioned that could definitely have an impact though. I'm not implying there is NO risk to this type of additon.

As to cost though, in terms of development time and server time / maintenance... I would wager it is not as hefty as is assumed. I'm sure it's not ZERO either. I would love to know what type of rig they have set up for this. Devops is something of an interest of mine these days.

"
Xtorma wrote:

I am interested to hear how you would accomplish this with minimal expenditure. Assuming of course that your definition of minimal is the same as GGG's. As I stated before, what you are asking for here is essentially a quality of life change ( you don't want to have to plan your builds) to a game you have admitted to loving every other aspect of. wouldn't it be easier to everyone concerned if you just played the game the way it was designed and planed out your builds ahead of time like everyone else does?

"
KAJed wrote:
What? you're literally inventing things I've said now. When have I said I hate character creation? Or Human interaction? My comments about trading were pro-human. As in removing that aspect would be bad.

You don't make any sense man. You're trying to turn this in to something it isn't to try to prove a point... what the hell man? Disliking one aspect of this one game doesn't make me hate the ARPG genre. Nor does it mean I hate POE. I love POE, this one thing bothers me and creates a barrier for me continuing to play casually.

"

Read the shit you write man, you are inconsistent across your whole thread and your logic is full of holes. When people present the very real reasons why successful games don't do what you are asking for here you just hand wave it away. You admit that nothing we say is going to change your opinion, you are just a troll and you opinions are worth nothing. Have fun getting roasted here.

G'day scrub.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info