Need a budget build suggestion involving Legacy Kaom's

After returning for the first time in yonks, I'm returning to my old account on standard.

I've got a Shadow, a Ranger, and a Marauder over level 70 with full respecs and no ascendancies picked.

I also have very little currency - around 4ex, when you break everything down.

I wanna make a tanky life build with decent clear speed capable of endgame mapping, preferably who can kill shaper and his guardians.

I have a 6L Quill Rain, but I'm not sure how viable EA builds are any more, and the one I saw for 2.5 recommended a breach unique which I'm (obviously) not getting in standard at the moment, as well as a second 6L Quill Rain (which I also do not have).

Any suggestions?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 21, 2017, 6:29:42 AM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2017, 12:04:52 AM
The builds that mostly use kaom's today would be either a caustic arrow or explosive arrow build. You're going to want to do something 2hand and I guess those are decent options but I can't comment as I haven't played them myself
"
allana wrote:
The builds that mostly use kaom's today would be either a caustic arrow or explosive arrow build. You're going to want to do something 2hand and I guess those are decent options but I can't comment as I haven't played them myself

I played EA back in 0.96 (that's where I got the Kaom's) and I do have the right bow. Is it still viable?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
Pure RF is super cheap, you can probably get 14k hp with that kaoms. Phoenix might be a problem, but the other guardians are pretty simple.
I would suggest you sell the Kaom's and have fun with your 200+ Exalt budget for new builds. Legacy Kaom's is extremely overrated and niche. If you aren't playing a bow / 2 hand build its just a trophy.

Hegey staff is an idea but slayer retch is def the best use of a koams right now.

It really has lost much of its power considering a 6 linked vaal regalia does more, has more resists, and 6 links.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
As has been pointed out already, RF is a good option, even more so when you take into account the fact that RF doesn't even HAVE enough usable support gems for a 6l.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
JLawL wrote:
I would suggest you sell the Kaom's and have fun with your 200+ Exalt budget for new builds. Legacy Kaom's is extremely overrated and niche. If you aren't playing a bow / 2 hand build its just a trophy.

Well I like my trophy. :P

RF Marauder it is, and so far, it's working pretty well. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info