Are you excited for new vendor-tier boots in 2.6?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1836420

Lets take a look at this boots.

They give immunity to Elemental Ground Effects. Honestly, who even cares? You mow down everything in seconds, including bosses, 90% of builds probably don't even watch where they step or only watch during boss encounters...if this mod would say that "Ground Effects" are removed, then it would probably be more useful since it would get rid of this annoying particle effects that cripple FPS for some people or if they would give immunity to annoying desecrated ground. Oh, wait. CI have immunity and Life based builds have regeneration so they won't notice this as well...so...

100 Life Regenerated per second. Well, assuming 5000 Life (decent value for Rangers and other characters who focus on the right side of The Tree) and 3.6% Life regenerated per second from Tree (2 Duelist nodes and Heart of Oak), you will get 150+ Life Regenerated Per second, so this mod is pretty significant for them. Less valuable for someone who focus on the left side of the Tree and gets 500+ Life Regeneration without even trying. But thing is, if you want to do higher level content, don't reroll a lot of maps for dangerous mods except of Reflect, you will need Vaal Pact to survive. And VP nullifies Life Regen all together. It also works only while moving. Meh.

1 Life per 10 Dex. Oh, thank you GGG! Now I can get 80 Life if I will work my ass off to get 800 Dexterity. Oh, wait Rare boots still give more Life.

Also no resistances.

This boots are vendor-tier Unique. They need tweaking hard.

It's funny how they introduce them along with 2 decent or even broken weapons...

- Someone will make 2000 Dex build and get 200 Life. Aren't this boots great?
- Oh, definetely!
- High five time. :3
@Meanwhile at GGG office.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 21, 2017, 3:34:40 AM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2017, 8:34:11 PM
I saw people saying these boots will go well for Ranger, and I immediately think of Master Alchemist (Pathfinder) and Avatar of the Veil (Raider), like nty to Status Ailments anyways. (Also my condolences if you play Deadeye)

The Regen I'm sure people would appreciate though, I actually like that stat, and is potentially nice in Lab for example. Not really a selling point of the boots or at least I hope not.

And on the note about the dex, even if you scale to 1K+ Dex, you're gonna get marginally better than a t1 Life Roll, that you invested a lot to get to.

Nty for me for now.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Feb 21, 2017, 1:06:36 AM
yeah theyre pretty lame

they need like 35, 40, 45 movespeed to be worth a damn

and other stuffs... lol
These boots are pretty amazing for the 10 meme ballista build (the one running like +1.5k dex). Besides that, it is slapping on the face of Blood Dance.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

These will be pretty good for shocked and chilled ground maps. The the only real problem is the 1 life per 10 dex... that is really really low. If the ratio went up to 2-4 might be worthwhile.. but 1 makes this undesirable.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
These boots are pretty amazing for the 10 meme ballista build (the one running like +1.5k dex). Besides that, it is slapping on the face of Blood Dance.

Wait, maybe this boots are designed to show some love to Meme-ballista build? <3
Literally one of the worst items to ever been released 4 years too late. At least the regen is nice not that regen is useful in one shot meta. This is not a leveling unique so stop holding back. Vendor uniques add nothing to this game. 99.9% of the uniques much like 99.9% of skills in the game are un used.

How about makes ground effects invisible instead of immunity so we get back 20-40 fps, then these boots might not be so damn bad.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 21, 2017, 1:23:58 AM
Garukhan's Flight is going to be BiS for Iron Commander builds. They're always moving, typically have a four-digit Dex, and really hate Chilled Ground. That'll be a ton of life and regen plus speed and immunity to ground effects from one item. My Scion wants this right now. Rather niche for everyone else, though.
100 life regen really isn't a lot..
"
Trylobyte wrote:
Garukhan's Flight is going to be BiS for Iron Commander builds. They're always moving, typically have a four-digit Dex, and really hate Chilled Ground. That'll be a ton of life and regen plus speed and immunity to ground effects from one item. My Scion wants this right now. Rather niche for everyone else, though.

Well, even then. Do you really want this item over a Good rare boots with Resists, Dexterity and high life? I mean Rare boots can have 80-89 Life, 50+ Dex and 80+ Res. It's not far off Life you can get with this boots. I don't notice chilled ground much honestly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info