Buff the drop rate in the SFF league. Make it unprevertable and delete the char after the league.

"
loonger wrote:
Can you buff the drop rate in the SFF league, at the cost of making it unrevertable and delete the char after the league?

By doing this, a casual player can focus more on the content and actually enjoy the game without investing ridiculous amount of time in order to do some build. Making the char unrevertable and deleting the char after the league can eliminate the impact on the standard/regular league.

Is this doable? Thanks.

No.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
I don't think the SSF loyalists were asking for anything extra. Just a level playing field to test themselves against like minded players. For the first time in a years long struggle, the leaderboards are going to actually have meaning for them.

I think that will be enough. they are a hardy, stubborn bunch.
"
Boem wrote:
I already made post's about this, but ill repeat it in this thread since it seems relevant.

There are two "items" that i think need to be more readily available with SSF in mind.

- unique maps
- threshold jewels

Since both of those occupy the design space of "alternating game-play experience" and don't directly influence the power of a character.

Anything outside of that specific scope, should stay as is because it would essentially water down the experience. This assumes a player playing SSF is actually in it for the challenge.

Peace,

-Boem-

unique maps arent really a problem like they were last league. you get enough of them just unlocking maps next to them.

threshold jewels imo fall into the 'specific unique' category which is notoriously tough in SSF to do.
"
Xtorma wrote:
I don't think the SSF loyalists were asking for anything extra. Just a level playing field to test themselves against like minded players. For the first time in a years long struggle, the leaderboards are going to actually have meaning for them.

I think that will be enough. they are a hardy, stubborn bunch.

I'm a bit taken aback by your post here. Although it's been several years coming.
The main reason why I didn't play full SSF last leageu was because .... I needed 3 identical threshold jewel in my build ( never dropped a single one myself, I ended up using only 2 of them at the end but still ... ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
loonger wrote:
.. and delete the char after the league?

Others have already explained why your idea is a bad one, but I need to comment on this. This is what GGG calls a "void league", where characters are deleted, voided, when the league ends. To me, it's a guarantee I will not play the league no matter what. If I cannot keep my progress, my character and everything I gather during the league - I'm not interested. If there's one thing I dislike more than anything, it's losing my stuff.
you know why solo self found was never a thing? because 90% of the "please give SSF league" posts were a way to try work in boosted drop rates.

If that ever get's in they will need to have bound items so you gain nothing from boosted rates, exclude you from ladders, or void it after it ends
Even then they don't want to do this because then it becomes the default way to play for idiots who'll then whine and moan about the game, just like traders do, just like the clear speed nuts do.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
you know why solo self found was never a thing? because 90% of the "please give SSF league" posts were a way to try work in boosted drop rates.

If that ever get's in they will need to have bound items so you gain nothing from boosted rates, exclude you from ladders, or void it after it ends
Even then they don't want to do this because then it becomes the default way to play for idiots who'll then whine and moan about the game, just like traders do, just like the clear speed nuts do.

Simple fix, make it impossible to switch off the SSF flag, than all items are effectively bound.

And in general i find it hilarious how some people act as if buffing the droprate(or quality) for items would make SSF easier in comparison to trading. You could probably buff dropps by five times and it would still be worse than trading for influencing a characters powerlevel. Everyone who says something else either does not know how op trading is in that context or is simply lying.

Imo a droprate increase for currency items (at least chromes/jewellers/fuses) and probably div cards will be necessary to make SSF a longtime success. The question is if GGG has any interest in that, because a) trading/economy is their sacred mantra and b) it probably would lead to a slight fracturing of the playerbase(which should not be a problem if their reported playernumbers are true, as the game worked just fine with the beta playernumbers).
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
Last edited by Temeritas on Feb 22, 2017, 8:13:54 AM
"
Temeritas wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Simple fix, make it impossible to switch off the SSF flag, than all items are effectively bound.

And in general i find it hilarious how some people act as if buffing the droprate(or quality) for items would make SSF easier in comparison to trading. You could probably buff dropps by five times and it would still be worse than trading for influencing a characters powerlevel. Everyone who says something else either does not know how op trading is in that context or is simply lying.

Imo a droprate increase for currency items (at least chromes/jewellers/fuses) and probably div cards will be necessary to make SSF a longtime success. The question is if GGG has any interest in that, because a) trading/economy is their sacred mantra and b) it probably would lead to a slight fracturing of the playerbase(which should not be a problem if their reported playernumbers are true, as the game worked just fine with the beta playernumbers).

It would obviously be superior before items are available if the drop rates were increased, so may be it would be fair if the SSF league started a week later or a few days after the real one. Otherwise you would have to not be able to turn off the SSF tag for boosted drop rates to be reasonable.
a lot of people fear that if more players are going to play ssf they are not going to earn like in the past with their flipping/scamming activities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info