To those who claimed to be self-found in the past leagues

"
FarmerTed wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
If you play SSF (no trade) then you don't rly need more than 4 tabs.

I beg to differ. I use chance recipe extensively up to level 60, and chaos recipe after 60, and in some leagues I make good use of the regal recipe. That sucks a ton of space.

What space do you need for chaos recipe? In last month I got ~300 (or more) chaos orbs from that recipe, and all space it took is couple of rings and belts. Every time I miss an item, its an amulet. So If I drop amulet in map, I just pick up random boots, gloves, helmet, 2h weapon and chestpiece and change to to 2 chaos orbs instantly when I leave map.
Can't wait to see how many people are left on ssf ladder on end of next league. I know I will endure maybe first 2 weeks to 1 month for fun.
Spreading salt since 2006
I would love to play SSF if I had access to all the gems from vendors. As it is, the main skill I want to use in 2.6 is not available for the class I want to start with.
Oh man, you need some serious stash as SSF (and obsessive collector) for those Just In Case times.

This league I have:

- 7 (yes 7) tabs of uniques (one of each drop, 2 copies of one-handers)
- 2 tabs of duplicates for the 5 to 1 prophecy (okay even I admit this is overkill)
- 3 tabs for skill gems (one of each color)
- 3 tabs for support gems
- 1 tab for potions and jewels
- 1 tab (quad) for maps
- 1 tab for Vaal shards, Council shards, Uber Atziri shards
- 1 tab for ES rare gear
- 1 tab for other good rare gear (high armor, high evasion....you never know!)
- 4 tabs for chaos/regal recipe as a dumping ground

I have a problem, please send help.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Oh man, you need some serious stash as SSF (and obsessive collector) for those Just In Case times.

This league I have:

- 7 (yes 7) tabs of uniques (one of each drop, 2 copies of one-handers)
- 2 tabs of duplicates for the 5 to 1 prophecy (okay even I admit this is overkill)
- 3 tabs for skill gems (one of each color)
- 3 tabs for support gems
- 1 tab for potions and jewels
- 1 tab (quad) for maps
- 1 tab for Vaal shards, Council shards, Uber Atziri shards
- 1 tab for ES rare gear
- 1 tab for other good rare gear (high armor, high evasion....you never know!)
- 4 tabs for chaos/regal recipe as a dumping ground

I have a problem, please send help.

My stash looks a bit like this.

I have a quality tab. Armor and weapons early. Gems and flasks later.
In SSF, I like to do chance recipe and build up stockpile for when I first find Zana.
I separate chaos and regal tabs. Sometimes, making a blue with two top tier affixes beats any gear I find, and regaling it can just be a bonus. Plus I use regals for Zana maps.
I organize maps, so if I did well in a league, I may have 5 or so map tabs organized by tier. Plus one tabs of fragments and offerings.
I keep items that may be good on another character (it is a disease). I dread looking at my standard stash tabs.
I use to have 6 gem tabs, but since most can be bought from vendors, I have cut down to one. I still collect jewels obsessively, but I am taking medicine to get off that habit.

Having too many tabs is bad, because I do tend to get lazy and just dump items into tabs instead of doing recipes. Mostly because I may find items that are similarly statted but have different resists. Sometimes, if I find a really nice upgrade, I have to juggle gear to maintain resists, especially when I get to maps and am trying to cap chaos also.
"
kms1320 wrote:
I would love to play SSF if I had access to all the gems from vendors. As it is, the main skill I want to use in 2.6 is not available for the class I want to start with.

You know you can make other character and "waste" like 2h to get that skill? (a little more if its from Act 4)
The true SSF players are the most stubborn people in the universe. there will be plenty left at the end of the season.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
"
I'm going to be taking it to the next extreme that I HOPE catches on: HC-SSF-NO-LAB

Soo just a convoluted way to protest the lab that won't do anything but make it take a lot longer for people's builds to take off?
He died multiple times in the labyrinth on his HC characters on his original account, its really no surprise that he avoids it and tries to "protest" it.

I died exactly zero times in the lab on my original account. You're a terrible detective.

Get Good.
"
Xtorma wrote:
The true SSF players are the most stubborn people in the universe. there will be plenty left at the end of the season.

I'll be one.
"
Aynix wrote:
If you play SSF (no trade) then you don't rly need more than 4 tabs.

That's what I've been trying to say, but people keep insisting that they're pay-to-win and provide a gameplay advantage.

Of course, I like hoarding so I actually own 48 premium tabs, one quad tab, one currency tab, one essence tab and one divination card tab. Most of them are filled with junk I'm unlikely to ever actually use. So I intend to prove that it's possible to level one character to at least mid-tier maps using only four normal-sized tabs in a reasonable amount of time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info