All these weapon effects, while I have no weapon

So I just want to discuss with you guys on your thoughts about if GGG were to add the ability to put your weapon effects on your quiver or shield, for us unarmed characters. Whether it be made so the shield/quiver directly inherit the effect, or it applies to your fists, whichever. I suppose the former would also allow sword n' board builds to have double effects simultaneously, just like dual wielding.

I just know that getting weapon effects for any rewards feels meaningless when you play unarmed, since you can't use them.

Yes, you could argue that "it's your choice to play without a weapon, so why should you get a skin?", or you could also argue that "it's a weapon effect, not a shield/quiver effect", but really, the case and point for being unarmed has always been that "your fists are your weapons". The idea of being able to add the dark purple glow from Prophecy, or vibrant yellow flames from Perandus to my fists, it just feels appealing.

Obviously the case of this idea may be "it's not possible with current mechanics". Maybe we could just get a new "base item" that is a filler "weapon" for unarmed characters. It's a socketless, damageless item that is literally only there to hold your weapon effects. In game, the 3D model that inherits the shader could just be a ball for each hand or something, kind of like Heralds.
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 10:47:28 AM
I think It would be cool to have shield effects
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Last edited by Romulas19 on Feb 20, 2017, 8:09:21 PM
"
So I just want to discuss with you guys on your thoughts about if GGG were to add the ability to put your weapon effects on your quiver or shield, for us unarmed characters. Whether it be made so the shield/quiver directly inherit the effect, or it applies to your fists, whichever. I suppose the former would also allow sword n' board builds to have double effects simultaneously, just like dual wielding.

I just know that getting weapon effects for any rewards feels meaningless when you play unarmed, since you can't use them.

Yes, you could argue that "it's your choice to play without a weapon, so why should you get a skin?", or you could also argue that "it's a weapon effect, not a shield/quiver effect", but really, the case and point for being unarmed has always been that "your fists are your weapons". The idea of being able to add the dark purple glow from Prophecy, or vibrant yellow flames from Perandus to my fists, it just feels appealing.

Obviously the case of this idea may be "it's not possible with current mechanics". Maybe we could just get a new "base item" that is a filler "weapon" for unarmed characters. It's a socketless, damageless item that is literally only there to hold your weapon effects. In game, the 3D model that inherits the shader could just be a ball for each hand or something, kind of like Heralds.

Which could also serve to allow us to have auto-equip on again, amirite? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Join the new league! Play a weapon build!
You want weapon effects even though you don't use a weapon.

Isn't that your perk though, you being unarmed is much different/unique/special than everyone else ?

This is a "I want my cake and I want to eat it too" kind of argument.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Feb 21, 2017, 8:55:00 AM
We need fist effects.

Herald of ash is sort of cool in that regard.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Ratedetar wrote:
You want weapon effects even though you don't use a weapon.

Isn't that your perk though, you being unarmed is much different/unique/special than everyone else ?

This is a "I want my cake and I want to eat it too" kind of argument.

Well, see, the main issue is that as an unarmed player, playing a challenge league, and getting a weapon effect is very dissatisfying. Like I said, there's a few ways to go about this.

For instance, the ability to additionally put them on shields would be great. It wouldn't just be nice for unarmed builds, but those who go one handed with a shield as opposed to dual wield (they have the option of 2 effects).

Maybe they could just shift the whole field in regards to the effect, and just allow you to put it onto whatever gear you want, and it'd have the glow/particle shader on that item. Call it an Equipment Effect instead of Weapon Effect.

I don't know, it sounds pretty reasonable. And I can't imagine this being any more difficult than the effects being added to begin with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info