Problem of Atlas Difficulty

Hello all,

Excuse me for my english, I'm French.

I'm a old RPG player and I think I'm not a bad player.
I have begin to play with Diablo I... And I like really PoE.
I'm played to PoE since 700 hours.

But I think this game have a big problem with the step of difficulty Lvl.

I have test all class and I have the same problem with all class.

I have finish the mercyless mod.

My best character :
Templar
Lvl : 87
Fire resistance 76% (96%)
Cold resistance 75% (99%)
Lightning restistance 75% (117%)
Chaos resistance 14% (14%)
Armor : 8761
Evasion : 461
Energy : 1557
Life : 3372

My skill tree (if lvl 100) :
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAQHnA5oEswY5C2EQzBEaFCAUTRT2Fm8YXRiRGj4abBv6ITQkqiXfJy8oKikuKU8rJjH7Nug26TqdOtg7OzwtPO89Dz0-QT9DY0PITwRQR1FgUeZXVFhtXz9gZWCRYVJkM2ZUZ1hnm2jyaf5r2W6XcU1xYnNrdSp2rHdTd-V5OXsgfLh8u37iggeCm4Nfg8yFUoV7hjuGYItPjHaQVZJ9k6iXeZhvms-bWJtqnjyexZ7NogCkGacwrY2uPq79r2y0L7Ystz68n8Bmxq7PftIh2L3ZYdwj42rkIuRR5K3lz-nV6hjsLuw47MvvDvAf8f7yL_JB8pzzBvcy9774k_uq_Ev-Cv6H_9M=

When I begin, the atlas map the problem begin.

You loose more experience than you gain !

This night, in 1 hours I have loose 30 % of my Xp in the "Orchard" map tier 9, because when i enter in the arena, I'm killed in one shot, before I have the command of my character !!!

I loose my XP, I don't loot a good item, I don't loot a map for the next step. Why I continue to play ???

I think, the problem are :
- the xp loose is more expensive comparated gain of xp
- the différence of map monsters (easy) and the arena boss (too hard)

It's my opinion and I'm not alone.

It's not a problem for the old player of PoE but It's a big problem for the new player.
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2017, 11:30:21 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
There are a few solutions. For example, you could
* Play easier maps
* Don't enter the boss arena
* get more defenses
- You need more life.
- If they would power up the mobs, when the stars align and the wrong combination of mods hit, it's one shot, guarranted, so they cannot really do that
- Are you lagging from your machine or the network ? Looks like it, if so ... nothing can be done but upgrading one of those 2.
- This is a very mechanical fight, you need to dodge what she throzs at you, the dots are pretty dangerous.
- You need more life ( from gear, and passives ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I'm in a similar situation to you, in the sense that I have hundreds of hours in and have never leveled a character to 90 or pushed very far into red maps.

My early builds were poorly planned. A new player should not expect to hit endgame content on their first (few) build if they're not following a guide.

IMO this is a good thing. The game would feel trivial if we could just walk our way to 100. The quality of your build and gear and skill (and pc and network connection :P) determine when you hit a ceiling and xp loss > xp gain. Respec, grind easier stuff, go shopping, or start a new character.

I've plateaued in the 80s several times now. Then I switched to HC and ripped in merc again and again. Now I finally know the game well and am looking forward to legacy league ssf. The fact that this game offers such engagement and progression in understanding over the course of hundreds of hours is one of the things I love about it. Or maybe I'm just a masochist/addict :P
Last edited by DisoRDeR418 on Feb 21, 2017, 2:03:34 AM
3372 life for 87 lvl is joke.
More life dude! 3k hp + 1,5k shield..omg you are dead man walking.
Here's a quick rundown of how to build a serviceable character in PoE:

1. Go to poeplanner.com
2. Put 80 points in life/ES
3. Maybe put 10-20 points in DPS
4. Marvel at the "build diversity" offered by the "oneshots are good" design
Last edited by suszterpatt on Feb 21, 2017, 1:19:16 PM
Don't play life chars. They are weak on purpose.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Here's a quick rundown of how to build a serviceable character in PoE:

1. Go to poeplanner.com
2. Put 80 points in life/ES
3. Maybe put 10-20 points in DPS
4. Marvel at the "build diversity" offered by the "oneshots are good" design

Too true. There are options, but they are fake options. Your build is an illusion, exile.
"
Elua wrote:
3372 life for 87 lvl is joke.

This message is very intresting and very useful... :-/

I'm sorry, I'm a little player, just 3 hours per day...

And since 700 hours I have just loot 3 EX, so the shoping isn't possible...

To night, I would like lvl up Zana, but her mission is so hard, I'm dead and dead and dead. And I have loose all my XP.

Ok you are very strong. It's so cool for you. But it is a game, and I would like to play, with a little pleasure...

It's obvious, I have to stop to play at PoE.

When I think of all money, I have use, I'm sick...

The difficulty is poorly smoothed in this game !

Good bye and good game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info