Best HC SSF build for a new league? Opinions?

Some guys had previously posted some guide about SSF, i post the link here.

http://www.requnix.com/path-exile-solo-self-found-ssf-guide

some good points, some not so good, anyway...
... nothing
"
Cataca wrote:
Hidden potential is a incredibly rare drop, i got exactly zero over the course of its implementation. This directly affects how common said unique is when chancing a base item.

"
Varana wrote:
Agreed, I don't know when Hidden Potential was added to the game but I've played every league since OB with many 80+ and some 90+ characters, all SF (occasional grouping or levelling items shared with guild). Seen exactly 0 of them drop.

As stated earlier. If you go into the ssf league with the "must drop this to get my build going" ignoring crafting (is chancing items crafting?) you got ssf all wrong.

Also build is doable without the jewel all decked in rares and with the rest of the jewels amping your damage source. But hey in a 10 jewel setup missing one to go overkill with your damage is a dead build. Right?

As for the starting build transitioning to your effective build I mentioned. Build you're starting with - if you bothered reading my initial reply post - would have been all rares to get you to maps.

After that assuming you have some currency stocked through leveling you'd start transitioning towards your all blue gear to support your hidden potential jewel that you can craft rather than wait for it to drop.

But then again following a build guide is what most poe players have been reduced to.

The pizza sticks build some later people recomended is awesome; plus you can go firestorm totes till you get flameblast in a3.
"
Mathorg wrote:
"
EnafAequi wrote:
"
Maceless wrote:
Thinking about a bear trap occultist for the obliteration effect.

Yet another terrible idea... I can't even begin...

In what fu world do you have a reliable chance to put you hands on an Obliteration in SSF??? So in the mean time what? you're going to level up throwing bloody bear traps as an occultist??? OMG have you played the game before?

It's like worse than the worst of the worst suggestion in entire the world.

You did not understand what he suggested:
He said he wants to use Occultist for the obliteration effect. Occultist has Profane Bloom: Cursed Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage

Which is about the same Obliteration does.

He does not want to run Obliteration, he wants to run Occultist with profane bloom.

You running champion? :D
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
I'm probably going spark trickster and if i drop ring of blades imma swap over to EK.

I think they've said, they prolly gonna add a feasable way to get those new skill Jews. Hopefully via the vendors.

You got a source/link for that?

I am aware of comment/s regarding skill gems but not for the threshold jewels. Not saying there isnt one...
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
I'm probably going spark trickster and if i drop ring of blades imma swap over to EK.

I think they've said, they prolly gonna add a feasable way to get those new skill Jews. Hopefully via the vendors.

You got a source/link for that?

I am aware of comment/s regarding skill gems but not for the threshold jewels. Not saying there isnt one...

I think he was confused. All the skill gems will be available in SSF, not the jewels :P

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
MaidenPain wrote:
"
EwokVillage wrote:
"
MaidenPain wrote:
As the title says. Would like to try one, but haven't played hc for a long time. Would appreciate your opinion!

I have a very limited scope on builds but I know the ED/Contagion build is pretty much handed to you by Act 3 (through quest rewards or vendor buy). By Cruel your DPS will start to get pretty high. Im sure there are totem builds that may be even easier.

Thinking about totems or whispering ice, but:

1. Do not like passive builds like totems, when you can't attack/cast by yourself
2. It would be hard to get Whispering Ice in solo self found mode, and also we do not know what they will do with Es / Vaal Pact / Ghost Reaver

Not sure if it has been answered yet, but it wouldn't be "too" hard to get Whispering ice because...

The Incantation

The Whispering Ice

The Western Forest (Cruel, Merciless)
Burial Chambers Map (map area)
Spider Forest (map area)
Springs (map area)

It is pretty easy to farm for. Western Forest drops them about once every half hour to an hour with a decent clear speed build. I would probably use pizza totems or something like that until Western forest, either cruel or merciless, and farm the Western Forest if I really wanted to go SSF for a WI build. I have farmed up a set before. My best advice is to rush to cruel Western forest as fast as possible with dual totems (and by fast, I mean skip as many enemies as you dare) so that you can farm as long as possible with little to no drop penalty
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
Ice Trap is a very viable ssf hc option.

good damage gear is easy to come by for it and even with okay gear t10-12 maps are trivial.
Last edited by 0mens on Feb 24, 2017, 9:29:54 PM
so we got patch notes...
Any new ideas about starting build?
IGN: Bunch_Of_Rotting_Dicks
If I play SSF it's probably a summoner of some type because I'ma nub and I'ma bad .. but I don't care.Less reliance on RnG to be above mediocre.
WTF are my posts duplicating and showing as a quote ? lol =P
Last edited by Temper on Mar 2, 2017, 3:37:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info