New currency idea **steaming hot**

What if there is a higher type of currency for recoloring sockets than CHOMES???

What it does?
-It recolors only one chosen socket of any non corrupted item.

What color does the chosen socket re-roll to?
-It is random a 50%/50% chance to re-roll to a different color.(example if the existing color to be re-rolled is blue, then re-rolling the socket color will have a 50%chance of re-roll to a green socket, and 50% chance to re-roll to a red socket)

Why?
-To unlock the possibility of more builds(example to have a 6 red socket, shavs)

Pricing?
-An estimate of 2ex per proposed Currnecy. Also it still has some RNG factor to it.

**2ex seems ridiculous, but this game is about grinding and RNG so it seems fair**
Last edited by HollandRoden on Feb 19, 2017, 11:57:14 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 9:25:06 AM
2 ex per single one? That sounds a bit steep.
For 2 ex it would be far easier to just chrome it, probably.

Cool idea though, would make me consider trying to color a lioneye's for spark. Last time I tried was a disaster...goodbye 12 ex of chromes...

I realize my first statement and anecdote contradict each other but I think I just had shit luck. I think ~divine rarity would be appropriate.
There is less point then. It's gonna make off-colors easier. If this item will not worth 2 Ex on the Market of course.

Come to think of it, I don't recall any good new currencie ideas honestly. Except one that would give 1 million XP to characters who are above certain level abut below certain level for fast levelling and going straight into Yellow maps avoiding Dried Lake grind. There is Lucky Deck that gives random Divination Card and it exists despite there is Gambler that does pretty much the same but ultimately worse, and there is Jack in the Box - coresponging currencie incomming...someday?

Or how about currencie that would give random affix to Uniques? Like imagine getting Devoto's with 100 Life and it's non-corrupted. But uniques probably will get overhaul at some point anyway - some of them desperately need Life/Resists to push the edge or will be even viable in the first place.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 20, 2017, 8:16:08 AM
Wrong context bro.
You can pay Vorichi a horribly expensive sum of chromatic orbs to pretty much guarantee something.

Or are you trying to be sneaky and get around the extreme cost of 6 off colour links by pretending to suggest a "expensive" custom option which is actually far cheaper than the alternative.

be honest.
Updated.
Very cool idea !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info