Banned out of the blue

I havent played in a long time but came back a few days ago. Having a blast and today out of nowhere I get a admin has banned your account. Uh I dont even talk in chat so I really am at a loss as to why I got banned. Not a very nice way to treat a returning player. Has this happened to anyone else before??
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2017, 3:14:00 PM
because you did something that flagged you as breaking the ToS...it's that simple

Regardless of your claims you DID do something

Now the only question that remains is, is it bad enough that GGG will enfore a perma ban

Email them and find out, but FYI, they are not obligated to give you a reason
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Yea, just playing the game like anyone else. Back to Diablo I guess. Not a very good company if playing game as intended is a TOS violation lol. Maybe because I dont spend money in the almost 5 years of joining.
Or maybe you were away when they started enforcing the rules so you missed the warning. When you last played you may have thought something was allowed because they didn't ban people for it yet.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
point, click, smash, pick up loot. That's all I do lol. I don't even talk in chat. A reason would be nice so It doesnt happen again, thats if they answer my email and actually tell me what I did wrong. Guess I could just make another account and start over, not like I am a high level.
Last edited by IXanthousI on Feb 19, 2017, 7:06:14 PM
Ok, let me be less subtle. If you have a 3rd party program running that they didn't ban you for 4 years ago, you missed the day they gave out warnings that using such a program would result in a ban. and you missed all the people who got banned because they thought ggg was bluffing or couldn't detect it. You seem to be focused on saying something in chat. There are other ways to get banned besides saying things in chat. Maybe you don't even remember having a 3rd party program. I'm not accusing you. I'm just saying you seem to think that saying something in chat is how most people get banned. Chat infractions usually end with getting muted, not banned. Banning happens for more serious infractions of the rules.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Feb 19, 2017, 7:17:50 PM
You don't want to know how many people have come to the forums with almost identical starting OP's like yours that have either directly admitted to doing something wrong but didn't believe in their view it was wrong, or indirectly pretty much laid out the easy possibility of something to give them a guilty verdict.

The odds are not in your favor. Gripe all you want, we have seen enough to easily believe you are covering something up due to the odds of GGG messing up being extremely slim so far.

And there's nothing to suggest you are mistaken identity or just manually clicked a little too fast or some other reason to justify a false ban.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Does steam count as a 3rd party. I linked my poe to steam a couple days ago. Thats all i did out of the ordinary. It's a free game so if they dont answer me by tomorrow I will just start another account I guess. I know I didn't do anything wrong. Maybe my play style resembles a bot or something, I dont know lol. Just a noob trying to level up. It's a fun game, or was anyway.
Oh you know perfectly well Steam is fine. Seriously.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
*grabs popcorn*

Seriously though, I've played this game since 2011 and I know very well that GGG doesnt ban people without EXTREMELY solid proof of wrongdoing. I think you should go ahead and make that new account.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info