How to improve the dps..?

Hi
After I got lucky and 6linked
I thought, let`s try to do a highend T16 tank.
Survive hydras balls, minos hammer, all that 1/2 shots..

So far it works awesome, several mechanics save my ass and my last death is long ago, can dodge and block nearly everything, compared with fortify and AA, by 80 cold and soon 76 fire res, this char is amazing tanky.

I need to use a skill that allows me not to move for the AA bonus, so using chanelling blade flurry gives me that bonus as well as some life leech.
So far I can farm with ease any content up to t8 - t10, probably even higher.

But the bosses, the reason I build this char was to kill bosses..., take horrible long, too long, like 5 - 8 mins.
I was thinking about to swap bf agains flameblast or any other spells, but than I would lose the life leech.

So, any suggestions how to rise up the dps?

The tree so far:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQHcBLMFLQY5C2EMXwxwDPcUIBXsFm8XLxo4Gj4blxynIWAkqicvJ58oKikuKaUuUy_MMfsyTjWSNuk62Du2PC09D0CgQzFEnkd-UEdRYFOlU7tV1lnzXz9i7GTnZU1mVGaeaPJvO3IPdO108XfjeA15OXlofLh8u37if-OApINfg8yE2YTvhaeGtIrwi0-QVZRvl3mbaqIApTWpbqmVrK-vbLKAtfK2irc-uR29Nr6nv9XAGsBmwL_BBMGCxFjEgsWKxq7KkNNv2L3aweNq5FHpRu8O8B_zBvVh9kj60vuq_gr-jw==

I dont want to waste any points into dps that are not really necessary,
I still need as much life and block notes as possible.
Any must have gear is

Any help is highly appreciated!
ingame: @Firepopyre
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2017, 7:40:34 AM
Could you go to your account's Privacy settings, then unhide your characters? Either that, or could you link all of your equipped gear?

Your passives are specced for Attacking more or less, and Attacks scale heavily off of your Weapon (and to some extent jewelry), so it would be nice to see if you already have solid gear pieces there or if you can get huge gains from upgrading those.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

nothing special so far, this char is since 5 or 6 days alive... :D
And didn`t wanted to invest too much into it, as long I am not sure how good it works.
The tankiness is really awesome, highly recommended for HC, but the dps...

As I don`t waste too many points into dps passivs, the main dmg comes with my weapon and my 6L setting, it should be something that allows me not to move during attack.

Using poison is senseless as I use 1h weapon and so don`t do big hits, without inc. d.o.t. passivs it would do close to zero dmg.
Bleeding the same.
Crit would be possible, but still probably not enough with slayer class.

I simply do not see a way... :-\
Oh, and I want to use whirling blades!

So gear like
Spoiler
is not a solution.

Thought about
in addition with a ll gem, but wasting 1 of 6 slots for ll by zero dmg passivs is probably too much..?
Hmm, I missed some stuff reading your post the first time :P

I would drop CwC Ethereal Knives as you have no bonuses scaling it (physical damage on weapons/jewelry only scales Attacks and EK is a Spell, not an Attack).

I would also put Fortify instead of Blood Magic in your Whirling Blades.

These two choices will open up three (!!!!) damage supports in your six-link.

---

Here's how I would do it:

Blade Flurry - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased Area of Effect

Then, when you fight a boss, replace IAoE with Concentrated Effect.

BF - FA - MPD - AFD - WED - ConcEff will give you a HUUUUGE damage boost against bosses!

EDIT: Also, just to double check - to maximize DPS with Blade Flurry, you should be channeling to 6 stages before releasing. There are a couple ways of knowing when you reach 6. The upper left corner of your screen tracks the stages, and when you reach stage 6 an icon also appears above your character. When this icon appears or when you reach 6 you should really fast release then hold again. This will give you max DPS.

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Feb 19, 2017, 3:21:34 PM
Well, unfortunatly you are wrong...
This setup was my first attemp too,
Blade Flurry - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased Area of Effect
and I reached numbers like 1400.
By getting gems up to 21/20 it would be probably arround 1600 - 1800, but not more.
Far far away of beeing able to kill mino and stuff like that.

By using CwC Ethereal Knives I get arround 1k bf and 1k ek, and also the possibility to get a freeze, shock ignite bonus.

Reaching less mana reservation allows me to use a herald to CoH, next dmg/def setup...

I guess the best way in this special case is to use CoC, or a pure spell with ll.
But before I waste again tons of chroms I want to ask arround here in forum..
Last edited by mat_24 on Feb 19, 2017, 3:42:32 PM
"
mat_24 wrote:
Well, unfortunatly you are wrong...
This setup was my first attemp too,
and I reached numbers like 1400.

Did you test kill times or only look at tooltip? Blade Flurry reports Average Damage, not DPS, and it ignores return strikes and stage damage bonus. That means it underestimates your DPS by at least a factor of about 1/4, and depending on attack speed closer to 1/8 or 1/12. Meanwhile Ethereal Knives doesn't have return strikes or stage damage bonus to underestimate, just the cast time (so, underestimating by 1/2 or so).

Guessing you'll want to hear some outside opinions before chroming, though? In which case we'll wait and see what others say :p

Just took a quick look through everything.

I don't understand why you chose Slayer for this. None of your skills really benefit from the AOE offered by Slayer. Super culling (Bane of Legends) is just a QoL. The enhanced leech and half reflect is cool and all, but you can solve that with a Vessel of Vinktar and an Atziri's Promise.

If you swap over to a Gladiator, you can immediately make your life easier on both your tree and your gear. You get bonus Block Chance, Damage/Aspd with 1 Handers, and you dont need to use the Stone of Lahzwar and the Rainbowstride at all, plus you get higher spell block value.

Going CwCh is splitting too much of your damage. You don't really have a way to boost both your Attack and Spell damage via gear, and you're a bit tad far for the Physical nodes that affect both Attacks and Spells. I'd drop CwCh and go into a BF build.

As for the curse setup, I'd rather you use a Orb of Storms for Curse on Hit or something. Not all bosses will have a way for your Herald of Thunder to proc. Dont know why Ele Weakness; not that much of your damage is Elemental. I'd rather use Vulnerability instead if you're looking for damage.

Not a fan of Ancestral Protector either. Warchief should serve you better, and if you swap over to a Gladiator and take Gratuitous Violence, it's very possible that you can set up a proper Warchief Link + Bloodlust for some nasty damage.

Your weapon isn't anything fantastic. You can probably use a Bino's and end up with better output. 250+ pdps Daggers shouldnt be too expensive on the market ATM. Blade Flurry is affected by the weapon greatly.

I would drop the cast while channeling + bladefall for better supports. If you're set on doing elemental weakness as your curse, I would recommend using physical to lightning and weapon elemental damage. Faster attacks is a decent option too and isn't off color.

For weapons, have you considered a Varunastra? It would increase your damage a bit and you could still use WB.

I noticed you don't have resolute technique. You should probably get that since I'm guessing your chance to hit is low. If your chance to hit is 70% you can think of it as 43% more damage, for example.
Scorching Ray + cwc + lightning warp + bladefall

Or flicker strike

These are the builds where you stand still and do damage.

Viability at t16 questionable though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info