Plz help me understand reflect damage

"
Ludvator wrote:
from what I understand, he is talking here about single reflect mob and one-shots that VP is unable to counter

lets say you have low-end 4k life, 75% resists and hit 18% reflect mob. this would mean you can deal up to 89k elemental damage with single hit? I was able to reach even higher numbers with high rolls on lightning discharge but it does not seem likely with Ice shot.

with decent 5k life and augmented resist to 80% (1% passive, 4% purity), lethal hit damage would go up to 139k (65.8k on dual reflect).

I'm using the Endless Retch build (budget version, so I'm 100% Lightning Damage), and with the Dying Sun I just got last night, my Attack Range is larger than my Blasphemy Warlord's Mark. I just pop Vessel of Vinktar and even on single target I have no problem vs Reflect, including Atziri's Mirror.

I have .4% Leech from my tree.
The Retch gives me .4%
Warlord's Mark gives me 2% should it be on the target.
Vaal Pact'd

No other sources of Leech other than Flasks

My flasks are:

Even Hexproof Maps with Ele Reflect are no problem.
Last edited by Sentilial on Feb 19, 2017, 11:07:33 AM
Increase and maybe overcap (because of things that lover your resists) cold resist with Purity of Ligthing and/or use sibyls's lament

edit:
"
5k somehow + 80% cold resist, problem is i have +1 Chain from Deadeye so if the Reflect Mob is surrounded by other mobs multiple arrows might chain hit him

if you have permanent 4% leech with VP chaining and multihits should not be a problem. sibyl and your max resist would also improve your leech/reflect ratio (on 20% reflect, it is 5% leech with 75% resist, 4% with 80% resist. 30% less with sibyls)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 19, 2017, 11:19:06 AM
"
PayneK wrote:
I'm not trying to run reflect maps, i'm trying to not die in one hit from one single reflect mob in a regular map by dealing 70k dps pure cold dmg (with 50% cold penetration) and having only 4k life. (and not giving up on dps because i would lose the ability to freeze stuff)

Edit: @Ludvator yes that is it, i will try to up my life to 5k somehow + 80% cold resist, problem is i have +1 Chain from Deadeye so if the Reflect Mob is surrounded by other mobs multiple arrows might chain hit him

I swear Reflect is such a build breaking pain.

Do you mind unhiding your profile? Being able to see your gear and passive tree can give us a lot of insight.

Bring a Sapphire Flask with you. It'll help. A lot.

I just set my profile to public.

Tks for helping guys, i still need to level a few gems before i test the 80% cold resist + Sybil Ring Theory. Also i know my life is still super low but i'm still experimenting how much dps is enough to perma freeze bosses.
"
PayneK wrote:
I just set my profile to public.

Tks for helping guys, i still need to level a few gems before i test the 80% cold resist + Sybil Ring Theory. Also i know my life is still super low but i'm still experimenting how much dps is enough to perma freeze bosses.

I'll take a look at your stuff shortly (I'm at work :D)
*EDIT: You also need to unhide your Character tab.

Freeze is a mechanic that's based on a damage threshold. It's not a matter of DPS; rather, it's based on how hard each individual hit that procs the freeze hits.

From the Wiki
"
Base freeze duration is 60 milliseconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied.[1] Freeze duration can be lengthened by effects such as the Freeze Duration nodes on the passive tree or the Temporal Chains curse.

Last edited by Sentilial on Feb 19, 2017, 12:08:55 PM
Go to you character sheet in-game -> Total combined damage-> Top End Damage

Multiply your Top End Damage with Crit_Multi/100

Top_End_Crit*x/100 = minimum Life // x = Reflected Damage*(1-max_res/100%) // x(75%res, 18% reflected damage = 4.5%)

At any given point, you dont need more then 4.5% Life Leech (Warlords, LL Gem, Curruptions, Doryani's). The reflected damage on rares (Aura) is around 8%, but im not 100% sure about that. But its actually a lot lower then the map mod.

If you hate Reflected Damage, never try a phys crit build. To balance it there is a true nightmare. :D
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Feb 20, 2017, 4:29:09 AM
Seems like you are using HoI to apply curses. Thing is HoI can't apply curses with your main attack direct hit. The curses are only applied by the explosion of the frozen enemy. So your effective leech is only 2% during the moment.
HoI with Assasins Mark is just for power charges until i get "The Blue Dream Jewel".

For Warlords Mark i am using Immortal Call. So if i don't die in one hit against a reflect mob he will be cursed with leech for the second hit giving me a total of 4% life leech.

But i'm starting to really hate Vaal Pact. 4% life leech won't save me from a really big reflect hit if it takes my whole life in one punch. (it only helps me to have full life before i receive the big reflect hit)

So maybe i should ditch Vaal Pact and my 6 link body armor, buy a 6-link Bow and use a Kaom's Heart Armor for 500 life. And try to sacrifice something to get more Life nodes from tree. Kaom starts to feel mandatory for every build.
Rite, I couldn't really see it first time because I'm on a mobile.. and what an awesome idea you just gave me for a vinktarless end game viable build I'm planning next, my last shot before they nerf VP.

I assume you already know there's a limit to the number of curses you can apply on a single enemy.
The 2 curses don't intersect.

If i kill a pack, first one to die applies Assasins Mark via Herald of Ice to the rest before they die instantly too giving me power charges.

If i get hit by a boss or accidentally hit a reflect mob and not die in one hit, they will have Warlords Mark via CWDT.

So i can have both curses by turn.
Last edited by PayneK on Feb 20, 2017, 7:33:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info