[2.6] Phoenix Guardian: Lowlife MOM RighteousFire [Any] Spellcaster - Uber Lab & Atziri + All Maps

Disclaimer
Absolutely NOT recommended for newer players. I will try to answer questions as much as I can here, but there is just too much to try to explain it all.

Mind Over Matter does not activate for Energy Shield. I use the nodes behind it for +800 mana, +300 ES, +20 mana regen. This makes the build less inclined toward using a Cast while Channeling + Elreon ring setup.

Sorry if I am unable to reply.

Note
This is a very fun endgame build because it can use any spell and do content.
1. Starter viable - I only played this build in breach (guardian ascendancy + ES shield makes up for lack of shav)
2. Tanky (+max res, block, spellblock, regen, armor+phys reduction)
3. Capable of farming endgame content
4. All map mods (including no regen, phys reflect, ele reflect)
5. use any spell* so endgame grinding doesn't get too boring
*You'll have to figure out other spell setups for yourself.
4-5 (2-3 extra) Jewel Sockets are available for threshold skills

I didn't have enough time to complete this build in my 2 weeks.
-I can do Death and Taxes and T15 bosses reliably (Core Malachai, Colosseum Ambrius, etc) but...
-I didn't get to guardians, shaper, and uber atziri (boss kill section is a bit lacking)
-should have 11k+ ES. See Awesome thing to do to be more awesome at the bottom.
-shav is still 5-linked

Which brings us to the next section
Bosses Kills Pics

Atziri

Uber Lab

Got lucky with this screenshot run

the 1-2-3 of this build

1. Defense
9k+ ES, 1k+ ES regen
stun immune, 91% fire res, 30% reduced curse effect
Lori's lantern (surprisingly good)
5k+ armor + 6%+4% phys reduction
34%-75% block, 9%-19%-29% spell block
fire/elemental leech
3 distractions (golem, reflection enchant, totem)
Pics
Most of the time: 4 seconds every 5 seconds

1 second boost every 5 seconds

2. Offense
2 useful CwC Combos
-with badly cropped screenshots of flasked damage and vanilla damage
-used CwC in 2.5 but the MoM nodes makes this obsolete
1. Elemental: Flameblast CwC Firestorm
Flameblast - Cast while Channeling - Firestorm - Fire Penetration - Controlled Destruction

Atziri, Silver, Sulphur Flasks + Elemental Overload
63,050+* + 40k++* = >100k dps
*flameblast and (especially) firestorm calculations are complicated

Vanilla
30,366+* + 22k++* = >52k dps

2. Physical Chaos: Blight CwC Bladefall
0 Mana Cost!
Blight - Cast while Channeling - Bladefall - Controlled Destruction - Concentrated Effect

Atziri, Silver, Sulphur Flasks
55,596 + 43k+* = >100k dps
*too lazy to calculate poison damage part of bladefall chaos damage

Vanilla
43,079 + 32k+* = >75k dps

3. What Do?

a. Auras
Aura setup
Aura setup with helmet enchant: anger, discipline, OR purity of fire
-vertex helm+lv2+ Empower for lv23+ Discipline and Purity of Fire
-Herald of Thunder is interchangeable with Arctic Armor and Herald of Ice
-for certain setups, it is better to use a Blasphemy Aura instead of Anger; adjust auras accordingly

b. Gear
core
important items
the rest

flasks

c. Gems
aura gems (see aura subsection above)
main [any] spell (see offense section above or make up your own)
Shield Charge - Fortify
Chaos Golem, Orb of Storm, Flame Dash, Tempest shield, Righteous fire
Optional: Shockwave Totem, totem - golem - minion and totem elemental resistance

d. Tree
Lv92 skill tree in poeplanner
Lv72 skill tree in poeplanner
-use the Jewel Socket near Harrier if you need 1 more
-if you want to use different skills, you should modify the tree accordingly (ie: get rid of the Area and Duration nodes if you are using a projectile skill)

If you made it this far, you might as well read the rest.

Playstyle
1. Ready (tempest shield and flasks)
2. (shield) Chaaarge
3. Kill
PS: some things will die from just righteous fire. ie- in uber lab, just keep running/charging

Core Build concept
Lowlife Aurabot + Righteous Fire
-not just an aurabot for others: 62% increased aura effect boosts self
-Righteous Fire 59% x Pain Attunment 30% = 107% More spell damage, so this build can afford just to pick up general elemental/spell damage nodes

Awesome thing to do to be more awesome
Get an ES spell-damage shield Leo-crafted with 20% reduced damage over time taken.
Use of RF with an ES spell-damage shield will boost max ES to 11k+ and heavily increase dps. With this shield, this build should be able to do all endgame content reliably.
Last edited by Zhen on Mar 15, 2017, 11:52:54 PM
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2017, 10:42:47 PM
reserved

2.6 guide update posted 2017-3-15
-new nodes behind Mind Over Matter makes this build less inclined toward a Cast while Channeling + Elreon ring setup
-increased Jewel Sockets in skill tree to support use of new threshold skills
-Righteous Fire received a tremendous buff to radius

old info from 2.5

1. Defense
9k+ ES, 1k+ ES regen
stun immune, 91% fire res, 30% reduced curse effect
Lori's lantern (surprisingly good)
5k+ armor + 6%+4% phys reduction
34%-75% block, 9%-19%-29% spell block
fire/elemental leech
3 distractions (golem, reflection enchant, totem)
Pics
Most of the time: 4 seconds every 5 seconds

1 second boost every 5 seconds

d. Tree
Lv92 skill tree in poeplanner
Lv72 skill tree in poeplanner
*there is a slight inefficiency in order to easily do skill swaps
-you should modify the tree, if you want to go all-in on 1 set up

Core Build concepts
1. Lowlife Aurabot + Righteous Fire
-not just an aurabot for others: 62% increased aura effect boosts self
-Righteous Fire 59% x Pain Attunment 30% = 107% More spell damage, so this build can afford just to pick up general elemental/spell damage nodes

2. Cast while Channeling + -8 Mana cost Elreon ring + reduced mana nodes
-enable reserving almost all mana for guardian's mana-reserved ES bonus, also lets this build do no regen maps

#2 is not as important and skill tree can be cheaply modified to cast spells normally. This adapts the build for skills like Blade Vortex.
For example: Lv93 Blade Vortex in poeplanner

Awesome things to do to be more awesome
1. Get the helmet enchantment for reduced reservation on anger, purity of fire, or discipline
2. Get an ES shield Leo-crafted with 20% reduced damage over time taken.
It can take a while to get the enchantments; this is why I couldn't complete my build in 2 weeks.
But... These two together will enable use of RF with an ES spell shield, boosting max ES to 11k+ and increasing dps. With these 2 tasks done, this build should be able to do all endgame content reliably.

2.5 guide posted 2017-2-19
Last edited by Zhen on Mar 15, 2017, 11:33:18 PM
any video?
Looks really fun actually.

How badly are you hurting for a Shavs at the beginning? Would you say its the first stretch item to save up for and buy, if I used this in 2.6.0?

Does it matter what spells I do? I see you're doing blight / bladefall and consuming dark lets you poison.

Very cool guide and thanks for sharing. Having a ZO tank as a league starter for labyrinths is very appealing.
Last edited by IustitiaTech on Feb 19, 2017, 9:14:22 PM
Sorry my vacation ends today, so I won't play and do the awesome things to finish the build much less make a video. I need to keep my mind lucid for what I do.

However, I am more than willing to add contributions from others or even let someone else take over this guide.

---------------------------------------------

Without Shavs and Presence of Chayula, I still have 6k ES.
-Guardian's Radiant Faith is basically half of a Shavs.
-If you can get The Vertex, then you don't need a 5L body at all.
What hurts the most is not the lack of ES but the regret of investing in a Solaris Lorica.
In fact, I bought a Presence of Chayula before Shavs in my 1st week because I wanted the league unique before I traveled. Then I came back and got Shavs this past week.

When starting out, I leveled using Flameblast / Firestorm
1. both benefit from the Anger aura
2. both are mechanically adept for bosses

Blight / Bladefall has better clear speed after you have enough damage, but I didn't level with it so I can't say anything about that.

Generally, the spells don't matter at the end because so much damage comes from RF+PA+Anger. But, some spells are naturally stronger than others unless you are looking to have fun.

For example, 3 other cwc combos that can work are
1. incinerate - cwc - arctic breath - lmp - controlled destruction
2. incinerate/flameblast - cwc - vortex - fire penetration - controlled destruction with Pyre ring
3. incinerate - cwc - ball lightning - lmp - controlled destruction with small tree changes
You will have to test out the other combos for yourself. It is also fun to discover new combos and learn what works for yourself.

I can help critique/give suggestions if you have started experimenting and have a specific question on a certain spell/spell combo.

If you like how a combo works, I can add them to this guide and credit you.

Hopefully you're skilled at getting currency. Wish you good luck for 2.6.
Last edited by Zhen on Feb 19, 2017, 10:49:00 PM
I can't watch your build detailed if you don't have your characters free. Please allow your characters to public.
Should be available now. Thank you for letting me know.
This build looks very interesting and I am going to try it out, so I hope you can find the time to answer a few questions. I am trying out the Blight version of your build:

- I am not sure I understand why you are dedicating a jewel slot to Conqueror’s potency. I assume it is primarily because of the 3% non curse aura effect? but is it really needed/worth it? Conqueror's Efficiency frees up a bit more mana, so if you don't feel the need to get 0 mana cost on your casts this might be an option. With 66 mana i have no issues, but it doesn't quite seem worth it either in my opinion.

- What would be your 6th link in the Blight setup?

- I am in standard so Presence of Chayula is to expensive for me. Do you think that Valyrium coupled with Bastion of hope is sufficient to replace Eye of Chayula, so I can get a solid ES/res/stat amulet as replacement?

- Why did you pick Herald of thunder out of the three heralds?

Thanks
Hmm, a lil concern about going with blight.
The general consensus is standalone blight is bad overall.
Also, there really isn't a "version" for this build. All it takes is literally changing 1 socket color to change skills.
I'd recommend flameblast cwc firestorm or incinerate cwc freeze pulse when leveling.

Conquerors potency is required in endgame to go from 58->61% aura effectiveness. This and lv23+ purity of fire in The Vertex helm increases from +6->+8% max fire resistance.

Idk, I haven't tried myself so it is up to you to find what's best for the 6th link

Presence of Chayula is by no means required. You can do whatever you want with the 1 ring and the amulet slot.

The proc on Herald of Thunder is the only one that is useful when doing flameblast cwc firestorm. Use the Herald that is appropriate for your skill choice, or Arctic Armour.

This build can be hard to really understand depending on how familiar you are with the game. Regardless, I hope you have fun! :)
What do u think about scorching ray + cwc flame surge ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info