Ascendency points and Oriath (aka remove Labyrinth mandatoriness)

I don't think it can be argued that the traps are a serious disconnect from the flow and rhythm of the POE clear-speed meta. The "main" game has gone on a complete tangent from the spirit of the Lab.

I will be frank - I despise the Lab. And not the actual Lab portion of it - it has been said that getting through the traps is really not a big deal.

It is the last fight that galls me - the arena gets tighter and tighter as you up difficulty until Uber Lab where you have a postage stamp area to fight. And, really, how many builds are designed around fighting a one-or-two shot mob in a small space??

Combine that with the one-chance-or-bust aspect and thanks for wasting my 10-20-30 minutes! For crying out loud, just make it like a regular map and give 6 chances already. Or three even.

With the stability and one-shot mechanics of the game, one chance at the boss is the fatal flaw.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
I don't think it can be argued that the traps are a serious disconnect from the flow and rhythm of the POE clear-speed meta. The "main" game has gone on a complete tangent from the spirit of the Lab.

I will be frank - I despise the Lab. And not the actual Lab portion of it - it has been said that getting through the traps is really not a big deal.

It is the last fight that galls me - the arena gets tighter and tighter as you up difficulty until Uber Lab where you have a postage stamp area to fight. And, really, how many builds are designed around fighting a one-or-two shot mob in a small space??

Combine that with the one-chance-or-bust aspect and thanks for wasting my 10-20-30 minutes! For crying out loud, just make it like a regular map and give 6 chances already. Or three even.

With the stability and one-shot mechanics of the game, one chance at the boss is the fatal flaw.
You cant get oneshot by izaro unless youre doing something wrong.

Either...

1) Your defenses are shit (EHP)
2) Youre knowingly ignoring the mechanics of the fight (Leaving all charges up and essences)

You appear to have some misunderstanding of how the fights actually meant to be done. Its meant to be done by actually adhering to the mechanics, ignoring the mechanics is extra challenge. If you knowingly ignore the fights mechanics and then blame it on "omg izaro OP he oneshot me" then thats no ones fault but your own.

How many games have you played where if you dont save you get reset all the way back to your last save ? Its no different than that, its a common feature of many games. Why you people act like this is some sort of game breaking new mechanical development is beyond me.

Stop blaming the game and just get better at it, unless youre on predictive with 200 ping you have no right to complain when dying in the labyrinth. Ive done it on predictive with 120, not easy but still doable. The only problem the labyrinth has thats a legitimate concern is users being unable to play on lockstep with low ping, everything else is flat out whining.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Every this topic comes up, it's the same collection of arguments and posts. Instead of making the OP, you could as well just link to an old thread and call it a day. It adds nothing new. It changes nothing.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
GET GUD!

Check!
I hate the lab aswell.. so annoying

And i hate that i like to play mandatory helmet enchant builds like the ones that use barrage

It would be great if they changed it so like.. we can pay 1 ex for the enchant we want or it goes random

Because i've done this crap well over 100 times and never got the enchantment i wanted
IGN gubert
Last edited by Gubert on Feb 21, 2017, 11:01:52 AM
"Lab is boring!"

Said guys who can't even clear it and dies to traps, lel.
I'm glad to see so many people agree with me.

Well, I do not mean to remove the labyrinth, I know some people like it.
But this gameplay should not be mandatory.

That so few people would go in the labyrinth if we remove ascendency points from it, is a clear indication to me.

Anyway, we have few months left and still can hope GGG will see the light :)

Imarion
"
Imarion wrote:
I'm glad to see so many people agree with me.

Well, I do not mean to remove the labyrinth, I know some people like it.
But this gameplay should not be mandatory.

That so few people would go in the labyrinth if we remove ascendency points from it, is a clear indication to me.

Anyway, we have few months left and still can hope GGG will see the light :)

Imarion

I actually don't mind to do it just 4 times to get the ascendancy points, i think it's challenging and fun. But i get pretty pissed off when doing it trying to get a specific enchantment.. it kinda ruins the game for me
IGN gubert
Last edited by Gubert on Feb 21, 2017, 2:24:07 PM
I love Labyrinth because its a fast and easy way to fund all of my character builds every league!
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
I love Labyrinth because its a fast and easy way to fund all of my character builds every league!

Apparently anyone who ever said "i like/love lab" does so for the phat lootz and not because its fundamentally fun or intriguing, and thats another reason amongst many why ascendancy points shouldnt be gated behind it. Let those who love farming it farm it, right? Why though the rest should suffer? Yeah thats right, cause one day 2 devs woke up and said : "hmmm what is missing from poe? hmmm some arcade minigame reminiscent of our childhood, something like frogger or contra or super metroid would be ideal content gating character progression in an ARPG, and im sure our players want exactly that, after all they came here to have fun with 90' arcade games and not hack and slash arpg madness, right? right? followed by pats in the back and cheering between them"

MAKE LAB OPTIONAL GGG, 3.0 is the perfect chance, re-allocate the points between the new content so you dont waste money and time, and after all you "solved" the classic arpg problem but repeating lab runs for character progression/optimization is somehow fine amongst this GRAND design huh? double standards much?
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info