Ascendency points and Oriath (aka remove Labyrinth mandatoriness)

Hello,
as the title hints, I'm of those who do not like the labyrinth.
When it was introduced, I tried it, and as as I did not like it, I simply quit the game (it was a very long time ago).

Now I see the game will be completely re-assessed with patch 3.0.0.
I would be glad to come back to the game, but only if ascendency points will be acquirable in a more streamlined means (ex: through the campaign) - I saw a post talking about reward after a particular boss for example.

So the actual question is:
will Labyrinth still be mandatory, or will GGG take the opportunity to review how ascendency points are retrieved ?

Please, lets not debate about the labyrinth itself, there are already enough posts on this.
You like it very well, I do not, very well too.

Imarion
Last edited by Imarion on Feb 19, 2017, 1:43:48 AM
Last bumped on May 10, 2017, 2:22:47 PM
I don't like the lab either. That being said, if they were to introduce the ascendancy points being acquired through the story quests, this would eliminate the labyrinth completely. They won't remove the ascendancy points being gated behind labyrinth because it's part of the game and probably took a lot of work to implement.

To simply remove the labyrinth I dont think is a very smart thing to do in terms of game design. The previous leagues allowed people to adapt to it, and if they were to remove it, that basically eliminates any work they've done to it since its initial release.

Sorry, I hate to say it but, we're just gonna have to get used to the labyrinth. Love it or hate it, it is part of the game now.
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
Last edited by Jkurs on Feb 19, 2017, 1:51:09 AM
Hi,

you might want to try what I did this league - play PoE if you want to, just don't do the Lab.
While you do give up some power and theorycrafting fun, the game is still a blast to play without APs.

In fact that's one point I have to cede to the Lab defenders. It really is optional for me.

I still hope they'll some day provide another way to get APs - but until then just playing without them will do for me. I also hope that people making it to maps while refusing to ascend shows up in some statistic GGG looks at and get them sinking.

So come join my non-agressive resistance! ;)
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
"
Imarion wrote:
Hello,
as the title hints, I'm of those who do not like the labyrinth.
When it was introduced, I tried it, and as as I did not like it, I simply quit the game (it was a very long time ago).

Now I see the game will be completely re-assessed with patch 3.0.0.
I would be glad to come back to the game, but only if ascendency points will be acquirable in a more streamlined means (ex: through the campaign) - I saw a post talking about reward after a particular boss for example.

So the actual question is:
will Labyrinth still be mandatory, or will GGG take the opportunity to review how ascendency points are retrieved ?

Please, lets not debate about the labyrinth itself, there are already enough posts on this.
You like it very well, I do not, very well too.

Imarion

You dont have to like it, you just played it once for ascendancy or there are lab carry who will do it for you.

I like the labyrinth, but not a lot.
Good Hunting Exile!
I hate the Lab so much that all my characters from now until they remove the mandatory nature of Lab will be Lab free builds.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Amen brothers, truly optional arcade lab sounds so sweet and fitting to an ARPG
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Labyrinth is the best thing to happen to PoE recently. Alongside coc nerfs. Reasons are many, I won't list them here as this isn't feedback forums.
Spreading salt since 2006
Only complain I have had from lab is that all 3 are exactly the same. Doesn't really matter to me if they make "cruel" and "merciless" versions harder or the first 2 easier(I'm guessing the second one since it will make first ascy points less of an hazzle for people who don't like the lab)

So you might get a bit of "less lab" for the crucial first points, but still some lab will be required. You'll have to wait and see
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Last edited by kaarelo on Feb 19, 2017, 6:03:29 AM
I don't like it either but since i play SC I just man up do it once and never look back.
I would liked it a bit more if they gave portals so you could at least die 1 or 2 times before you get a freaking reset.
I love lab, but many people don't. I think good idea would be making easier labs shorter. Normal lab 1 Aspiran Trial, Cruel lab 2 Aspirant Trial's, Merciless and uber stays the same.
Last edited by Aynix on Feb 19, 2017, 6:12:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info