Gold Door

"
morbo wrote:
TBH gold doors could be safely removed from Norm & Cuel labs. At those stages you char is still slow af, and additional backtracking doesn't add anything positive to the experience. Keep them in Merc & Uber - where people already have their endgame movespeed setups.

IMO Labs should be increasingly longer & harder, instead of the same length. I'd make Uber longer than it is now and (sporadically) introduce Uber traps already in Merc. If Norm & Cruel would be shorter, that could incentivize people to actually farm their chests, as part of char progression.

This sounds great. Normal and Cruel should be a bit easier/faster than Merc. As it stands currently, I've never felt a difference until I've engaged Izaro.
"
"
"
Sure.

To pull one from the Goetzjam playbook: After 7 years, that player still hasn't completed the 'Fearless' achievement. I have. Therefore, I am better at all things PoE.

Playing hardcore vs standard doesn't say anything about player skill at all. It just means you do or don't consider losing your character if you die to be a good game setting.

So, me saying that is just as ridiculous as that other guy saying I made this thread because I suck at lab?

To that, I agree.

I would say they would be on par if he was complaining about the penalty for dying. The lab is a one time thing unless you farm it because you want to/enjoy it. For sure there could be other reasons to not like those things, but it's sort of hard to see where you're coming from when it's such a small percentage of your character's overall play time.
"
Because I'm an honest person.

You are not fooling anybody anymore, in case you would not know.

Anyway, nobody cares about people playing hardcore or not here.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
"
Sure.

To pull one from the Goetzjam playbook: After 7 years, that player still hasn't completed the 'Fearless' achievement. I have. Therefore, I am better at all things PoE.

Playing hardcore vs standard doesn't say anything about player skill at all. It just means you do or don't consider losing your character if you die to be a good game setting.

IME its usually softcore people who feel the need to make such statements.

"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
TBH gold doors could be safely removed from Norm & Cuel labs. At those stages you char is still slow af, and additional backtracking doesn't add anything positive to the experience. Keep them in Merc & Uber - where people already have their endgame movespeed setups.

IMO Labs should be increasingly longer & harder, instead of the same length. I'd make Uber longer than it is now and (sporadically) introduce Uber traps already in Merc. If Norm & Cruel would be shorter, that could incentivize people to actually farm their chests, as part of char progression.

This sounds great. Normal and Cruel should be a bit easier/faster than Merc. As it stands currently, I've never felt a difference until I've engaged Izaro.

Cause there isnt much of a difference. Traps do the same damage. And if you can handle Izaro then mobs do "no" (~= also the same) damage...
Mobs shouldnt be just flask charges and click-UI-obstacles. This is one of the big fails for lab.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Fruz wrote:
"

Reported for 'personal attacks towards another player'.
"
"
Fruz wrote:
"

Reported for 'personal attacks towards another player'.

hey are you triggered by Gold door and trap?
"
Fruz wrote:

The "backtracking" is so insignificant that it's actually less than the backtracking to reach most mobs ( not full clear ) in one single map :
After you get to the golden key, you keep going and open the door, and you have what ... 3 sec of backtracking to reach the door that connects to the previous area, inwhich you have what ....5~7 sec to reach the golden door ? That's 10 sec of backtracking maybe( in a place supposed to be a labyrinth, let's try not to forget that "detail" ).

Just did normal lab, found a gold door and tested: With +30% movespeed it took ~20 seconds of backtracking. Combination of gold key room and gold door room.
20 seconds too much time to waste IMO
"
Zrevnur wrote:

Just did normal lab, found a gold door and tested: With +30% movespeed it took ~20 seconds of backtracking. Combination of gold key room and gold door room.

You mean, not using any movement skill and flasks ?
Anyway, 20 sec is close to nothing.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

You mean, not using any movement skill and flasks ?

Yes. Normal lab. Done for science(*). 30% movespeed is IMO fair value for normal player in normal lab. There were also "snaky" parts which cant be done by normal players with most movement skills. And reserving flask for trap area makes sense too. And if you are prone to use flask you may be out of flask anyway.

"
Fruz wrote:
Anyway, 20 sec is close to nothing.

The discussion was about the "not one step" claim. 20 seconds is obviously not "not one step". In speed meta its half a map (later in character progression) that you loose by the backtrack in (yesterdays layout - other layouts probably have other backtrack times) normal lab.

(*) Only the gold door backtrack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info