Odd Black Screen then game runs again

Yea so while I was playing, I was doing the Plaza Map, was in the boss room and while I was standing next to one of the pillars, my monitor went black and there was no crash or error message. It was just black for a few seconds then it brought the game back with me dead in the Plaza Map. This is the first time this has happened and it happened about 10 minutes ago. Any additional info about this would be greatly appreciated.

Below is my DxDiag information.
http://pastebin.com/rezjp0p6
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 4:26:43 AM
"
Yea so while I was playing, I was doing the Plaza Map, was in the boss room and while I was standing next to one of the pillars, my monitor went black and there was no crash or error message. It was just black for a few seconds then it brought the game back with me dead in the Plaza Map. This is the first time this has happened and it happened about 10 minutes ago. Any additional info about this would be greatly appreciated.

Below is my DxDiag information.
http://pastebin.com/rezjp0p6

you are describing what is likely the typical video card driver crash in windows. very likely if you were to go into the windows Event Viewer and look through the adminstrative custom view around the time you experienced the problem for "critical" and "error" type logs then you will find one that says your video driver crashed.

"
you are describing what is likely the typical video card driver crash in windows. very likely if you were to go into the windows Event Viewer and look through the adminstrative custom view around the time you experienced the problem for "critical" and "error" type logs then you will find one that says your video driver crashed.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I had a look this morning and found no error / crash log around the time when I played the game, just errors for other programs that are unrelated and not close to the time when I played.
"
"

Hey, thanks for the reply. I had a look this morning and found no error / crash log around the time when I played the game, just errors for other programs that are unrelated and not close to the time when I played.

something else that is possible is if you are using DX9 instead of DX9EX. i believe i recall one of the features added to DX9EX helped with a problem where it was common for a "device lost" state to pop up for the graphics card. which would cause a black screen.
Alright I'll trial DX9EX if it gets bad. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info