MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way)

From the Wiki - "Members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis."

Don't ever listen to a libertarian economist's views on this subject matter, especially when said speaker talks of the devaluing worth of a 50 year old woman as she reaches menopause.
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2017, 5:14:05 PM
"
totalbackline wrote:
"Members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis."

Sounds about right. The courts are still extremely biased against men, usually giving child custody to women and forcing men to pay child support (which is ok, as a concept) and alimony (which is completely retarded and should not be a thing).

People can nowadays divorce on a whim and usually the society burdens men with the financial penalties of it. So why would men even want to invest into marriage anymore? Esp. marriage with women approaching the end of their biological usefulness. In the past marriage was a contract of stability, now with rampant radical feminism, marriage is a chaotic and unstable thing. The risk/reward for men is pretty shitty.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I'm curious how they can generalize this, given the vast range of personalities one may find in an entire half of the human race. Hey guys? Get a prenup. It ain't hard, and most people won't have a problem with it. And if they do have a problem with it, don't marry them. Not a hard thing.

Of course, it's pretty trivial to just not date or marry. Maybe you haven't found someone. Maybe you're aromantic or asexual. Maybe you'd rather focus on your career. Maybe you're just not interested in a relationship. Maybe you'd prefer to get to level 100 instead of going on dates and shit. All totally valid things for either gender - date or don't date who you want, man, and I won't judge you. Okay, maybe I'll judge you a little bit for that last one, you nerd.

There's just no real reason to attach a label and a whole mess of really nasty, sexist crap (for example) to that.

Even if I wasn't interested in sex or a relationship, and even though I do care deeply about issues like the short stick men get in child custody, I don't think MGTOW is really worth anyone's time. It sounds like a bunch of jaded, bitter misogynists complaining about how awful women are all the time. Let me be perfectly clear - being coopted by these fucknuggets is the worst thing that could possibly happen to any serious men's rights movement. It's like if you want to advocate for scientific literacy, and Answers in Genesis steps up to say, "Yeah, we're with you" - an instant red flag that something is wrong that anyone who actually cares about that shit can spot a mile away.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 18, 2017, 2:32:59 PM
"
Hey guys? Get a prenup.

If only those actually worked reliably. Courts tend to just rip them up along with the rest of men's rights.

I certainly understand people avoiding marriage and children (and, before that, even relationships) due to the current insanity in American family courts. On top of this is the fact that lots more people are going to college, getting into a lot more debt, and working a lot more than they used to. Too many obligations to put more obligations onto the pile.

Demographics are going to be interesting in ~20 years. We (the currently living) may be in a "baby boomer"-esque position following extremely low marriage and birth rates.
1. pump and dump
2. wear a condom
3. be happy
anything is everything
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Hardcore no-life male gamers bitching about how tough it is being a male.

Hey I don't do that anymore don't lump me in.
anything is everything
"
鬼殺し wrote:
You might as well. It's totally cool now.

I want to start again but having a job makes it hard
anything is everything
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Hey I don't do that anymore don't lump me in.
It's also somewhat vogue to claim joy at the upcoming extinction of the white male. Ironically, I hope, but with Lena Dunham it's really hard to tell.

I'm not justifying MGTOW, by the way. It's roughly equally stupid in the opposite direction. But this is what happens when sexism is openly tolerated and even advocated; predictably, unfortunately, opposing sexism is popularized, which in turn reinforces the original sexism. A vicious cycle. Much like literally fighting fire with fire, figuratively doing it only stokes the flames.

Stop being immature, people. Even if you think feminists have lowered the standards to such an extent that they're worse than this, that's just a child's excuse to be almost as divisive as they are. Utterly pathetic. Grow the fuck up.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 18, 2017, 9:17:01 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Maybe it's a country-level difference? It's getting pretty uncomfortable in the USA -- I don't have much data on unamerican countries.

Most people aren't getting married young nowadays (note: some shitty commentary, but the stats appear legit). These MGTOW people are a little too extreme, but it's silly to pretend like there aren't structural problems causing this.

Personally, the thought of family courts is a terrifying one. I love my wife and kids, but it's a recurring nightmare that in a no-fault/not-my-fault divorce, I would end up with less than half custody (to say nothing about the money involved) for purely sexist reasons. I do my best to just not think about it.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
PoE's Off-Topic forum has become a sanctuary for gamergate wannabes. Congrats.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Not helping...
You all interested in this topic should learn about social engineering.

Start from here:
triviumeducation.com

and from there You will find TONS of materials on this topic. Seriously, spent some time and attention on it, listen during gameplay, travel, etc. And see for Yourself what it will bring into Your lifes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info