PewDiePie vs Fake News

"
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Lol you leftist are hilarious even when presented whit facts you just claim that the scourse is not creddible yeah you can weasel your way out of any argument try again cause this aint working.

"Lol you rightists are hilarious even when presented whit [sic]facts you just ignore them yeah you can weasel your way out of any argument try again cause this aint working."

You cited a tiny pedagogic fringe group with a large number of demonstrably false views. I cited the AMA, AAP, APA, and American Psychiatric Association, all of whom disagree, based on the available evidence. And their cites come primarily from the peer-reviewed research, which is more than you can say about ACPED. How about you address my facts first, then I'll take a closer look at these nutjobs?

Or, alternatively, you can take a look at this extremely exhaustive debunking of ACPED's nonsensical claims. And if you're not interested in reading that, then I fail to see why me spending half an hour debunking the massive load of shit on that ACPED page would accomplish anything else.

Insults how typical and those sources you cited holy fuck they are biased are you trolling here? cause you cant be serious, but that comes as no surprise as you will deny any actual research in favour of "research" that confirms your narritive. Also this article was based on the research and articles of other studies and papers as listed in the sources of the article i linked, but it is no surprise that you fail to mention them as they pretty much destroy your argument.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Insults how typical and those sources you cited holy fuck they are biased are you trolling here? cause you cant be serious, but that comes as no surprise as you will deny any actual research in favour of "research" that confirms your narritive. Also this article was based on the research and articles of other studies and papers as listed in the sources of the article i linked, but it is no surprise that you fail to mention them as they pretty much destroy your argument.

Friendly reminder: the sources I cited include the APA, AMA, and AAP. You want to dismiss those as biased, but accept the ACPED's claims as absolutely valid without any further question? These are professional organizations of scientists and doctors with membership numbers in the tens to hundreds of thousands.

The article I cited in my previous post may very well be biased. So what? The ACPED is obviously and clearly biased towards numerous unscientific positions, as I have pointed out, and you seem perfectly happy to cite them. Or are you also willing to accept their stance on abstinence-only education, given that all available evidence shows that abstinence-only sex ed leads to higher rates of teen pregnancy, abortion, and STDs? This is something we know doesn't work, and we know just as well that ACPED's position is not based on any good scientific evidence. My question is, why do you trust them above the AAP, APA, and AMA? Is it just because they say what you already want to believe?

Quite frankly, I'm not sure what you're looking for, and I'm not sure what it would take to change your mind. You want a point-by-point debunking of ACPED's claims from an unbiased source? Would you even care if I provided that? If I could show you how the ACPED's claims are not well-founded (beyond, obviously, the fact that every major medical and psychological organization in the USA takes the opposite position, which you would think would be enough evidence to convince someone), would you change your mind?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 19, 2017, 7:10:36 AM
"

Quite frankly, I'm not sure what you're looking for, and I'm not sure what it would take to change your mind. You want a point-by-point debunking of ACPED's claims from an unbiased source? Would you even care if I provided that? If I could show you how the ACPED's claims are not well-founded (beyond, obviously, the fact that every major medical and psychological organization in the USA takes the opposite position, which you would think would be enough evidence to convince someone), would you change your mind?

What i am looking for? Its realy simple not to harm children thats what i am looking for your vieuws hurts them as is proven by countless studies mine doesnt even if you think i am biggot racist transphobic or whatever my vieuws dont hurt these children yours do.
And that is my problem you will go through any lenghts ignore any facts presented in order protect your precious narritive instaed of actual ppl.
As always i am under no illusion that i can change the mind of someone this indoctrinated but that wont stop me from commenting on you and the leftist who spout their harmfull sceince and reality denying narritive.

http://www.sexchangeregret.com/ there are many sites like this i just listed the top search, its fucking depressing reading this shit but i doubt you care as it doesnt fit your narritive.

It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Feb 19, 2017, 7:47:32 AM
"
jackof8lades wrote:
What i am looking for? Its realy simple not to harm children thats what i am looking for your vieuws hurts them as is proven by countless studies mine doesnt

even if you think i am biggot racist transphobic or whatever my vieuws dont hurt these children yours do.

I get that. I haven't called you a bigot. I don't think you're a bigot. I think you're wrong, and you being wrong has a lot of potential to harm those around you. That's why I'm talking to you. If I thought you were just a bigot, I wouldn't bother trying to change your mind.

There are not "countless studies" that show that accepting gender identity leads to worse outcomes for children. In fact, there's virtually none. Have you looked at the studies cited on that ACPED page? They don't actually support the claims made.

Just a particularly telling example:

"
7. Rates of suicide are nearly twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBTQ – affirming countries.12

The cite leads to Dhejne, C, et.al. “Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden.” PLoS ONE, 2011, and this study is one of the most widely misrepesented studies on the subject of transgender health. ACPED implies that the cause of this discrepancy is the hormones and reassignment surgery... But look at the study.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

The control group is not "people suffering from gender dysphoria who do not get hormone or reassignment treatment". The control group is the general populace. The only thing this study addresses is the overall health outcomes of transgender people who undergo gender reassignment or hormone therapy. But for people suffering gender dysphoria, it has no statement about whether the therapies in question help! What's missing for that is a control group of untreated transgender people.

This may seem like a nitpick, but it's actually a huge problem. The study does not address what ACPED is implying. The study doesn't claim to address what ACPED is implying. In fact, the author of the study, Dr. Cecilie Dhenje, was interviewed by the site Transadvocate, and had the following to say:

"
Williams: Before I contacted you for this interview, were you aware of the way your work was being misrepresented?

Dhejne: Yes! It’s very frustrating! I’ve even seen professors use my work to support ridiculous claims. I’ve often had to respond myself by commenting on articles, speaking with journalists, and talking about this problem at conferences. The Huffington Post wrote an article about the way my research is misrepresented. At the same time, I know of instances where ethical researchers and clinicians have used this study to expand and improve access to trans health care and impact systems of anti-trans oppression.

Of course trans medical and psychological care is efficacious. A 2010 meta-analysis confirmed by studies thereafter show that medical gender confirming interventions reduces gender dysphoria.

Emphasis mine. Not only did they misrepresent the study they cited, the author of the study they cited called them out on it, and provided a metareview of available studies (that is, a study which compiles the results of other studies in order to get a good overview of whether there's any sort of scientific consensus) which showed the exact opposite result: that gender reassignment actually helps trans people.

By the way, if you're curious, you should read that interview. Or the paper in question. Dhenje cites a large number of studies documenting how gender transitioning improves health outcomes for transgender individuals. These studies are not hard to find. They're the reason that the AAP, APA, and AMA all take the stance they do. Here are a handful:

cite 1
cite 2
cite 3
cite 4
cite 5
cite 6

Just a handful found in that aforementioned article. An article ACPED cites as proof that hormone therapy is harmful.

You clearly trust this group. I'm telling you though, this trust is really misguided. They're not interested in the truth, unless that truth happens to conform to their pre-existing beliefs. You can see this on any number of issues they take; gender reassignment is only one of them.

"
jackof8lades wrote:
as always i am under no illusion that i can change the mind of someone this indoctrinated but that wont stop me from commenting on you and the leftist who spout their harmfull sceince and reality denying narritive.

Is the American Association of Pediatrics, the leading pediatric organization in the world, with a well-respected in-house peer-reviewed medical journal an tens of thousands of members from various backgrounds "leftist"? Are they "indoctrinated"? How about the American Medical Association? The American Psychological Association? And why can we not throw the exact same criticism back at a group which freely and openly admits that its priority is spreading "traditional christian values"? Do you accept ACPED's stance on abstinence-only sex education? You didn't actually answer that question.

"
jackof8lades wrote:
http://www.sexchangeregret.com/ there are many sites like this i just listed the top search, its fucking depressing reading this shit but i doubt you care as it doesnt fit your narritive.

I do care. These people were not well-served by the treatment, and we should absolutely spend time trying to find out why, so that we can potentially, in the future, avoid repeating these mistakes. We could use better tools to help determine who is really helped by transitioning and who isn't. However, the available research at the moment indicates that the vast majority of transgender individuals who seek out transition are better off for it.

Here's a study on the subject.

"There were 15 (5 MF and 10 MF) regret applications corresponding to a 2.2 % regret rate for both sexes. There was a significant decline of regrets over the time period."

So not only are regrets exceedingly rare, their frequency has been declining over time. So it's possible we're getting better at figuring out who would benefit from the treatment. It's also possible that "regret" stems in no small part from societal rejection, and as that decreased, less people felt the need to "revert".

"
jackof8lades wrote:
And that my problem you will go through any lenghts ignore any facts presented in order protect your precious narritive.

I'm not ignoring your sources. Will you maybe address mine?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 19, 2017, 8:36:58 AM
"
"
jackof8lades wrote:
What i am looking for? Its realy simple not to harm children thats what i am looking for your vieuws hurts them as is proven by countless studies mine doesnt

even if you think i am biggot racist transphobic or whatever my vieuws dont hurt these children yours do.

I get that. I haven't called you a bigot. I don't think you're a bigot. I think you're wrong, and you being wrong has a lot of potential to harm those around you. That's why I'm talking to you. If I thought you were just a bigot, I wouldn't bother trying to change your mind.

There are not "countless studies" that show that accepting gender identity leads to worse outcomes for children. In fact, there's virtually none. Have you looked at the studies cited on that ACPED page? They don't actually support the claims made.

Just a particularly telling example:

"
7. Rates of suicide are nearly twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBTQ – affirming countries.12

The cite leads to Dhejne, C, et.al. “Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden.” PLoS ONE, 2011, and this study is one of the most widely misrepesented studies on the subject of transgender health. ACPED implies that the cause of this discrepancy is the hormones and reassignment surgery... But look at the study.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

The control group is not "people suffering from gender dysphoria who do not get hormone or reassignment treatment". The control group is the general populace. The only thing this study addresses is the overall health outcomes of transgender people who undergo gender reassignment or hormone therapy. But for people suffering gender dysphoria, it has no statement about whether the therapies in question help! What's missing for that is a control group of untreated transgender people.

This may seem like a nitpick, but it's actually a huge problem. The study does not address what ACPED is implying. The study doesn't claim to address what ACPED is implying. In fact, the author of the study, Dr. Cecilie Dhenje, was interviewed by the site Transadvocate, and had the following to say:

"
Williams: Before I contacted you for this interview, were you aware of the way your work was being misrepresented?

Dhejne: Yes! It’s very frustrating! I’ve even seen professors use my work to support ridiculous claims. I’ve often had to respond myself by commenting on articles, speaking with journalists, and talking about this problem at conferences. The Huffington Post wrote an article about the way my research is misrepresented. At the same time, I know of instances where ethical researchers and clinicians have used this study to expand and improve access to trans health care and impact systems of anti-trans oppression.

Of course trans medical and psychological care is efficacious. A 2010 meta-analysis confirmed by studies thereafter show that medical gender confirming interventions reduces gender dysphoria.

Emphasis mine. Not only did they misrepresent the study they cited, the author of the study they cited called them out on it, and provided a metareview of available studies (that is, a study which compiles the results of other studies in order to get a good overview of whether there's any sort of scientific consensus) which showed the exact opposite result: that gender reassignment actually helps trans people.

By the way, if you're curious, you should read that interview. Or the paper in question. Dhenje cites a large number of studies documenting how gender transitioning improves health outcomes for transgender individuals. These studies are not hard to find. They're the reason that the AAP, APA, and AMA all take the stance they do. Here are a handful:

cite 1
cite 2
cite 3
cite 4
cite 5
cite 6

Just a handful found in that aforementioned article. An article ACPED cites as proof that hormone therapy is harmful.

You clearly trust this group. I'm telling you though, this trust is really misguided. They're not interested in the truth, unless that truth happens to conform to their pre-existing beliefs. You can see this on any number of issues they take; gender reassignment is only one of them.

"
jackof8lades wrote:
as always i am under no illusion that i can change the mind of someone this indoctrinated but that wont stop me from commenting on you and the leftist who spout their harmfull sceince and reality denying narritive.

Is the American Association of Pediatrics, the leading pediatric organization in the world, with a well-respected in-house peer-reviewed medical journal an tens of thousands of members from various backgrounds "leftist"? Are they "indoctrinated"? How about the American Medical Association? The American Psychological Association? And why can we not throw the exact same criticism back at a group which freely and openly admits that its priority is spreading "traditional christian values"? Do you accept ACPED's stance on abstinence-only sex education? You didn't actually answer that question.

"
jackof8lades wrote:

I do care. These people were not well-served by the treatment, and we should absolutely spend time trying to find out why, so that we can potentially, in the future, avoid repeating these mistakes. We could use better tools to help determine who is really helped by transitioning and who isn't. However, the available research at the moment indicates that the vast majority of transgender individuals who seek out transition are better off for it.

Here's a study on the subject.

"There were 15 (5 MF and 10 MF) regret applications corresponding to a 2.2 % regret rate for both sexes. There was a significant decline of regrets over the time period."

So not only are regrets exceedingly rare, their frequency has been declining over time. So it's possible we're getting better at figuring out who would benefit from the treatment. It's also possible that "regret" stems in no small part from societal rejection, and as that decreased, less people felt the need to "revert".

"
jackof8lades wrote:
And that my problem you will go through any lenghts ignore any facts presented in order protect your precious narritive.

I'm not ignoring your sources. Will you maybe address mine?

Well said on that trans study. Funny how people use fake info to counter what they consider "fake news". Im a woman, i wont kill myself after i go on HRT.
Of all the people to redpill Gen Z, I never thought it would be PewDiePie. This is indeed the dankest timeline. 2020 can come.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Of all the people to redpill Gen Z, I never thought it would be PewDiePie. This is indeed the dankest timeline. 2020 can come.

well this is one of the reasons why Hillary lost, the left is crazy they push their own members one by one under the bus. They trigger each other.

Another example is Bill Maher, he's a liberal progressive but has been more and more voicing his opinion about certain rhetoric from the left that he disagree with. He invited Milo Yannopolis to his show recently to debate. And just because he invited Milo, the left started to call Bill a fascist and a white supremacist.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

well this is one of the reasons why Hillary lost, the left is crazy they push their own members one by one under the bus. They trigger each other.

Another example is Bill Maher, he's a liberal progressive but has been more and more voicing his opinion about certain rhetoric from the left that he disagree with. He invited Milo Yannopolis to his show recently to debate. And just because he invited Milo, the left started to call Bill a fascist and a white supremacist.

Milo Yiannopolous deserves a platform the same way David Duke deserves a platform. He's famous essentially for being an asshole. There's nothing of value to be had from discussion with him. I haven't seen anyone call Maher a fascist or a white supremacist for doing so, he should get flak for using his platform to give publicity to bigots like Milo.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Invited Milo the resident Breitbart troll? Wrong, he took his side! And "own members"? This pew idiot guy i dont even know but he seems like an attention whoring troll.
@budget player

just a quik look at the cites you gave

1 A study from sweden yeah srry cannot and will not belief those studies were not non biased the whole country lives in denial of reality.
But lets have a look anyway lol that succesrate wow impressive and ofc total bs would not be surprised if they cherrypicked these patients out of a larger pool,or outright lied.
2: 20 ppl over 4 years you cannot get any relevant data on such a small number and timeframe,this is bad sceince no doubt from some frankenstein doctor and proves nothing.
3:Again sweden and what possible reason could frankenstein eh i mean plastic surgeons have to endorce this surgery yeah nough said.
4:Very old study and it doesnt endorce surgery it actualy mentions threating ppl whit hormone therapy as i read it but it also says much more study is needed so you cannot draw any real conclusions here.
Also dont you ppl always claim trans isnt a mental disorder? interesting magazine to cite then.
5:Eh thats basicly the same as nr 2 ok read my comment on 2 i gues(did you even read any of this stuff?) also eventhough that nr is way to low to draw any conclusions a 100% succesrate as they claim is very very unlikely,and makes any claims they make at the very least suspicious.
6: california big shocker they are in favor but ok whatever, taking some online survey is not good sceince it literaly proves nothing its just an online survey there is no way of knowing if any of that is legit and even if some are it doesnt matter this is in no way good sceince,and you cannot possibly draw any conclusions of of that.

So i took some time to look into the 6 links you provide and they are just laughable no doubt the rest is just as bad.

It's ok to be white

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info