What is "cooldown recovery speed" ?

The new gem Violent Dead states, " Attack has 50% increased cooldown recovery speed." What exactly does this mean? Poe wording makes my brain explode.
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2017, 7:58:39 PM
that the cooldown is lowered
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
oh duh, cooldown of the actual slam ability.
yeah so u can use the skill faster so u don't have to wait as long
it means that some attack, cry or spell or whatever have a cooldown, a quantum of time that u must wait before use the skill again. Some items reduce this break and allow u tu use your skill after the first click waiting less time.
Note that it's a speed multiplier, not a time reduction. Using 100 as a base value (100% of base cooldown time), 50% increased cooldown recovery speed would be calculated as follows:
100 / (1 + (50/100)) = 100 / 1.5 = 66.67% of base cooldown time.
It means the cooldown of cooldown-gated skills gets lowered. A good amount of skills (including skills that minions use) have cooldowns to restrict their spammability; cooldown recovery speed lowers that cooldown. The cooldown with a given amount of recovery is:

Default cooldown * 100/(100 + cooldown recovery speed modifier).

Take zerker's Warbringer notable, for example: 100% increased cooldown recovery speed for warcries. Warcries have a 4 second cooldown, so the cooldown with warbringer (assuming no other cd modifiers) is 4 * 100/(100+100), or 2 seconds (part of what makes abyssal cry zerker so awesome).
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 17, 2017, 7:57:33 PM
think it's already clear it lowers the cooldown guys xd

/thread?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info