EQ help with build optimization needed.

Hey!

I'm playing EQ right now and it's not half bad,my biggest concern is I don't know what to go for from now on.

Following this build right here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596320

I'm currently mapping yellow maps(and a little bit of white ones just to complete my atlas)and I feel like I'm falling off,I haven't really changed my gear for a while so I was wondering if there is anything I should opt for to optimize it.

To check out my char just visit my profile and check out TerraHorror.

Last bumped on Feb 18, 2017, 12:59:05 PM
Is your main problem surviving, or damage? Your damage looks like it should be fine for low red-tier Maps.

Some quick ways to get a bit more character power:
  • Use a Master's bench to craft some Life on your gloves boots, and amulet(but I wouldn't recommend using the 4c option, just the 10 alts option; otherwise, with 4c you can probably buy gear that has the same resists but higher Life).
  • You have a superfluous passive loop to left of Marauder area - you can respec out of 2 strength nodes below Expertise and put them elsewhere (more Life nodes? more damage? up to you).

Things to experiment with:
  • You probably want to replace Fortify on your EQ with something else due to the increased/more difference (I or others can explain further if needed). I would imagine Rapid Decay would be really good because it raises your attack speed "soft cap" (see 1st pt. below).

Things to grind for:
  • I haven't played EQ, but on paper and from what I've heard of other EQers, a helm enchant for reduced EQ duration is a huge boost in DPS because it enables you to increase your attack speed without losing the 1:1 hit/aftershock ratio.
  • After reducing EQ duration further by any means, Atziri's Disfavour can be a great boost to DPS, since it has about 42% more weapon DPS at full quality by my calculations* and some spare change.
  • Obviously, 6L is a big power boost to any build. So... go for that? Heh

*show your work

using min min roll and max max roll for lazy average:
marohi: (285+483)/2*.99*250/230 = 413
disfavour: (299+421)/2*1.36*1.2 = 587
587/413 = 1.42

note that Disfavour also grants some "spare change" dps due to its +2 to support gems and more reliable bleed
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
My damage is not really that much of a problem except for map bosses since I really lack single target dmg,one of EQ's flaws.E

Even though I have Voidheart and ancestral warchief it's still kinda clunky and unless I'm really careful there's a good chance i will die.

Found the 2 passives,i went for that to get the expertise faster and then i just forgot about it haha.

Also do explain further about your choice with the fortify replacement,since I don't really think that's good because of my ascendancies.

I went for Unyielding,which grants me
-30% increased dmg while having fortify
-1.5% of maximum life regen while I have fortify.
-25% increased fortify effect.

As for the 6linking i'll try to 6l my belly of the beast asap and try to get 6l atziri's once i have the currency for it,after all it does carry a hefty price.

Crafted hp on items,it's really good.

Thanks for this mate,really helped me out.

"
Justkill43 wrote:

Also do explain further about your choice with the fortify replacement,since I don't really think that's good because of my ascendancies.

Most players put Fortify on a movement skill, like Leap Slam, which they frequently use to move from pack to pack and/or kite enemies already anyways. This opens up another damage support for your damage skill (inc/more means inc usually doesn't do much).

EDIT: Might as well explain inc/more right now. X% increased modifiers to the same data-piece stack additively. In this case, your Hit damage. X% more modifiers always stack multiplicatively. Multiplicative is generally better than additive for boosting things up; if you already have 500% increased (600% multiplier), then 100% increased will bring you to 600% increased (700% multiplier), while 500% increased and 100% more would result in 1200% (!!!) multiplier. So, at same values, you generally want more rather than increased. Some very high increased values (100%-200%) can sometimes have greater impact than some low more values (19% more), though.

I also personally like multiple button play, having come from SC2, so I also tend to put Fortify on Frenzy, which means I get double benefits from weaving Frenzy in between damage attacks. Works real well.

Of course, in Hardcore leagues it is usually more important to put surviving first, so Fortify in damage skill works there for reliability. And if you really prefer passive play and your damage is enough, then Fortify in main damage link works too.

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Feb 17, 2017, 4:29:05 PM
Aha aight i see how it works.

I might just wait a bit until i link up fortify with leap slam since it's so slow because i can't afford the dex to level up faster attacks that's linked with leap slam.
And still I think i do prefer the fortify on eq because,like you said,it's more consistent.

I also might give your frenzy trick a chance it seems to be good,gonna need to find space in my sockets for it though.

Also how would I get the helm enchant for less EQ duration?

Just a random lab enchant I'm guessing?
"
Justkill43 wrote:

Also how would I get the helm enchant for less EQ duration?

Just a random lab enchant I'm guessing?

It's a random lab enchant, yes, but there are so many options for helm enchants that it is almost impossible (or mind-numbingly slow and boring) to try to get it yourself unless you get SUPER lucky. Your best bet is probably to use poe.trade to buy a helm with the enchant that you want.

Last edited by adghar on Feb 17, 2017, 4:42:43 PM
Yeah,guessed so,that's a shame but oh well,i'll definitely buy one,thanks for all the help!
Let's start top down here.

Proposed Passive Tree
Spoiler
poeurl.com/3dR
Ascendancy Choices
Unyielding is relatively weak. 30% Increased Damage isn't actually that powerful. If it was 30% MORE Damage, that'd be a whole different story. Increased Damage is additive to one instance, not multiplicative. The Life regen is nice, but you can cover that with the EC Node that you missed (look at the tree), and Life Flasks and Leech. 25% Increased Fortify effectiveness is not bad, but you're better off with others.

Unbreakable is really nice. Belly doesn't have much Armour, but being Unstunnable is fantastic.

If you seriously want to go back to take Unyielding, then by all means feel free to. I'd rather not be stunned.

-Catalyze and Elementalist
You deal mainly Physical Damage, and there are much better paths for you to take to get to Amplify. You can get res on your gear instead.

-Mace Damage and Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold Nodes
+Mace Damage and Attack Speed Nodes

The nodes in the Bone Breaker/Skull Cracking cluster. You deal enough damage to stun them as it is. Those nodes are significantly weaker than the other two.

-Armour Mastery
I know a lot of people who like this node, and I understand if you want to keep it. I personally don't like it, even though it does have some benefits. Armour is an illusion in this game.

-Savagery
You're not a Frenzy Charge build. There are better ways to increase your damage.

+Art of the Gladiator
Not really necessary, but it's a Dex node + a ginormous chunk of Attack speed. Why not?

+Constitution
The Constitution cluster is the biggest pool of Life anywhere on the tree. This is where you more or less dump excess passive points.

OPTIONAL

The Mana Leech + Life and Mana Leech node down on the Duelist section is more or less all the mana leech you'll ever need, but if you can find a Jewel with mana leech, you can spec out of those.

Wrecking Ball is another option you can go for.

Gear
Spoiler
Aside from your uniques, your gear is relatively subpar. Good gear does a lot for you on the long run.

Helm
Spoiler
Aim for a Rare with Life, Res and Stats if you need them. Another option is to use a Devoto's Devotion. Obviously, EQ Reduced Reduction Enchant is optimal.
Here're a few crappy examples.

Body Armour
Spoiler
Belly of the Beast is a perfectly fine option. Wish your Life % roll was higher.

Gloves
Spoiler
A nice rare with Life and Res is always nice. Attack Speed or Phys Damage is also welcomed.
A few crappy examples that are missing some stats or something. Spiked Gloves are nice if you don't care about Enchantments.

Another option is the Veruso's Battering Ram if you can cap off your Res on your other gear.

Boots
Spoiler
Rare with Life, Res, and Movement Speed. Two Toned Boots can help with Resistances a lot, but you might want to consider the Leech or Regen Lab enchantments here.
More bad examples! (Yes, one of them has no move speed. D:)

Amulet
Spoiler
Amulets are a great place to get stats on. Since you're low on DEX and INT, see if you can go for a Turquoise Amulet. If not, just look for stats in general. Life, Res, and other stuff really. I unfortunately don't have examples here; all my characters ended up using Unique Amulets.

Ring
Spoiler
Voidheart takes up one slot, so you're left with only one. Kaom's Way isn't worth it. Rings are fantastic sources of Resistances, and if lucky, damage. Life, and Res should be key here. Stats are also good here. Phys Damage, Attack Speed, and other shenanigans are welcomed.

Belt
Spoiler
Aim for a Leather or Heavy belt, with Life and Res. Strength is great, since that's basically more Life. WED and Flask boosts are optional.

If you can get a +1 Endurance Charge corruption on a good belt, that's helluva good.

Gem Links
Spoiler
Proper Gem linking will augment your damage dramatically.

Earthquake Link
Earthquake - Less Duration - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Increased Aoe/Conc Eff

I suggest those for your 5 Links. WED is weak when you don't have many sources of Elemental Damage added on. Even if you were to use Hatred and Herald of Ash, those are adding on a faction of your base damage, and that fraction gets boosted by WED. Added Fire is larger source of the base fraction. Of course, there are ways to augment this.

You can change this to a more Elemental option by using WED, Phys to Lightning, and other stuff, but since Less Duration is mandatory for EQ, that's really going to be tight on slots.

Swap out Inc AOE for Conc. Eff when bossing.

6th Link can be Fortify, or any of the other ones mentioned above.

Warchief Link
You have access to two potential 6 Links in this build. Ancestral Warchief is probably one of the biggest damage increases you'll get.

Ancestral Warchief - Melee Physical Damage - Inc AOE/Conc Eff - Faster Attacks/Added Fire Damage - Bloodlust

Since you're using a Voidheart, your Warchief can benefit from Bloodlust greatly.

6th Link can be whatever here really. Your choice.

Movement Setup
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Generic movement setup. If you're having Mana issues sustaining this, shove in a Blood Magic

Aura Setup
You have a lot of choices here. But Hatred IMO is needed.

Hatred - Blasphemy - [Curse of Choice] - ?

You can choose to do Herald of Ash instead, but I'm a fan of Blasphemy Auras. Warlord's Mark is a really safe option if you want Life and Mana Leech + More Endurance Charges (not that you need it. You're a Juggernaut). Enfeeble/Temp Chains are very powerful defensive options. Vulnerability is a ridiculously good Offensive potion here. You can drop Vulnerability or the Curse if you can get your hands on a Witchfire Brew.

CWDT Setup
CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - ?

You're a Juggernaut. You can have semi-permanent Immortal Call easily. There's almost no reason not to run this. Last slot can be something like a Golem or Vaal Haste. If you're going for a Golem, I suggest either Fire, Stone or Chaos. I suggest that you manually cast the Golem and keep CWDT + Immortal Call lower level so they proc more. Blood Rage is also an option here, and one that I'd rather cast manually so you don't screw yourself over. Molten Shell is also a decent option.

OPTIONS TO FILL SLOTS:

Portal - Why not?
Enduring Cry - Free regen + EC
Abyssal Cry - Boom
Rallying Cry - Eh

Or just keep gems here and there to level them.

That's pretty much it.
Passive tree:

I took a really good look at that tree you suggested,it's really good.
Did everything except for the ascendancy change.

I plan on doing that as well when I level up faster attacks a bit more so I can effectively use leap slam without it feeling awkward.

Gear:

Helm:Helms with the reduced eq duration are very very pricey,I may just hold off on that one until i can grind out more currency

Body Armour:Yeah I'm staying with belly of the beast,I'll just 6l it when I can.

Amulet:Got an amulet full of stats,helps me out with gems.

Ring:Kept voidheart and got a resistance ring.

Belt:I think my belt is already good as is.

Gem Links:

EQ:I took out increased aoe since I'm already using marohi erqi which supports all skills with a lvl 15 inc aoe,took out WED for added fire dmg.

Chest link:So I should replace my vaal ground slam 5l with warchief 5l?
Also any alternatives for bloodlust?
Since I don't really cause bleeding until I get Atziri's disfavour.

Forgot bout the Inc AOE on Marohi. Conc Eff is still ridiculously powerful.

You can bleed via Voidheart.

Your belt will work for now, but it's not really anything fantastic.

I didn't see a point for the Vaal Ground Slam at all. There are only a handful of Vaal skills ever worth using, and Vaal Ground Slam isn't one of them.

What you can also do is farm merciless Lab until you get the baby EQ Enchant, unless you think you can safely go through Uber Lab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info